Thread: First Impressions

Air from my lungs. First Impressions Violet's Avatar

First Impressions

I had an idea from the "Has TFF gotten boring?" thread and decided to post this. Discuss your first impressions of everybody.. like, what did you think of them at first and how they turned out later. Did you expect them to be like how they are now? Etc.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: First Impressions

Ann (Violet)
    Anna Banana herself, this totally reminds me of the old times on MSN. Plus it's totally what she wears regularly.

Dim
    Pretty self-explanatory.
    The two are so alike it's crazy, though Dim is a bit crazier so the pic had to be too.

Jules
    Wise asian guy. Most wise asian guys have epic facial hair if movies are to be believed.

Sinister
    No joke, this is exactly how I pictured him to look before I found out he was blonde. Seriously.
    Last edited by Furore; 02-26-2010 at 03:32 AM.
    victoria aut mors

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest with you... everyone I had a first impression of has left since then. I joined at the wrong time I guess, because I didn't get to properly meet or become acquainted with most of the members from that time.

I think not many people knew what to do with me... D'=

When I thought of loner-kid, I thought of a cool skater dude who was way older than me. He probably is a cool skater dude, but he's also funny and knowledgeable. We don't talk often, (mainly my fault - I tend to only reply to VMs when I'm not busy) but he's still a pretty cool and laid back guy.

When I thought of Raider, I got the same impression, but that Raider was a lot more mental than loner-kid. Like having that one skater who is willing to try out The Big Drop or something. Not much has changed now. He's Epic Awesome. =O

Halie I thought of as pretty much the same as Raider, except much much more laid back. Now, she's a wonderful girl who has a very large random streak in her - which is simply awesome. She's also very caring too. Nowadays, she's pretty much the same. xD

With Rikkiffx, we started off as just friends, and we got closer about the same time I got talking to Moog and Sheena. She's very caring, and is also a good listener.

My first impressions of Moogable was that he's a very sweet guy. He still is, but much more on top of that. He's a very good listener, gives some good advice, and is very knowledgeable in the realm of computers. I can open up to him about pretty much anything - not even my best friend in the flesh knows that much.

Then Mistress Sheena. My first impressions were that she was a pretty pwnsome member. I was right - I got pwned by her meanness. I only wanted to be friends ( ;-; )... but you know, when the shit hit the fan and I was on a real downer, she was one of the first people to come and offer a hand to me. I was surprised to say the least, and looking at where we are now... if someone had told me we'd be together this time last year, I'd never believe them. o.o

I might add some more later.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

TFFF Ghost First Impressions Howling Wind's Avatar

Violet -

My first impression of Violet was that she must be cool because she was suggested to me as my adoptee. I thought that we would probably go together really good and from what I see so far she is cool and is good at doing her job ^^

Silver -

I guess I would say he likes to have fun. Posts funny pics. Other then that I'm not really sure what my first impression was. I kind of looked at him as a fan of south park!

Unknown Entity -

Well she adopted me and we started talking. She helped me out with my noob questions. So my first impression of her was that she is really cool and someone I can get along with. Someone who likes to help out people and will be there for her friends if they need her. ^^

Let's see, I'll go down the list:

Ann/Violet: I thought you were a really nice sophisticated, crafty person. Like wholesome type, but now I know that you're much more laid back and chill like me in more ways than one haha and we're both bumtastic like someone I would hang out with irl.

Dimi: I thought Dim was like, this 25 year old super lurker who was a funny, ass to every one... in a good way, but Dimi is really nice, and he's not 25 hahahah and he lives by me

Pete: I thought Pete was a badass until I realized
    SPOILER!!:
    and I was like oh, this makes so much sense now.

Che: I thought Che was an asshole... and I was right hahaha but the really nice kind ? and he's really fun to talk to. Awww and he likes kitties <3 He would =p

Bolck: I honestly though Block was a black guy rofl! Block is fun.

Rocky: How I thought Rocky was, is exactly how he is lol like the super funny, nice, popular with TFF peeps that the noobs like hump, someone I would hang out with irl too.
    * and Rocky is me in some parallel universe*

Polk: I thought Polk was one of those mean posters at first along with Che but I was wrong about him too. Polk is Jebus.

Sheena: I though she was like super mod and a little intimidating at first, but then I was like no, Sheena is cool and nicer than people think
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-26-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

The Bad Boy of TFF First Impressions Block's Avatar

Rocky:
    I thought Rocky was a sex god... turns out I was right.
    Pete:
    I thought Pete was a broseph. Turns out he is actually into women though.
    Polk:
    I thought I would never see this guy post.
    Gypsy Elder:
    I thought she hated me :-p
    OceanEyes:
    I know she hated me :-D
    Che:
    I was all... I think I know this guy from somewhere....

More to come later I guess.

Registered User First Impressions

My first impressions of....

I can't remember a lot of first impressions I had, but there are a few that I do. Here's the ones that I can think off from the top of my head:

Telegraph

I thought he was a girl. It was the whole "Wuv, Your Mom" at the end of his posts. It took me a while to figure out that he wasn't. I can't remember which post it was that made me think "Ummm... I don't think Hellfire is a girl..." Yeah, that view has changed.

Zeromune

First met him in a TFF chat. I only knew him as Julian, so I didn't know his TFF name. I figured that he quit TFF and just popped in on the convos every once in a while. It was through facebook that I found out some more info about him. I didn't think that he was so young! He just seems like he is really mature, so I thought he was older.

I also thought that Fate was older than he actually is. I wasn't around during his "post-whore" and "noobish" days though. Maybe I would have had a different impression then. Anyway, I remember in my welcome thread that he praised me for my nice grammar, so that's the main reason I thought he was older. I chatted with him a little bit through PM, and when I started talking to him via VM, that's when I saw his age on his profile. I literally was like "Wow... I totally missed that call!"

Alpha

I thought he was one of those super serious people all the time, and wouldn't know how to take a joke or have any sort of sense of humor at all. I was actually intimidated to talk to him, because I didn't want to type up something that would offend him or something. Now, I know that he can dish out the funny and take it as well.

Gypsy Elder

She was Tenseiken Slash first (I think that's spelled right) and yeah, I was one of the people who thought that she was a guy, that is until she posted her picture in that one thread in ID and said "Surprise! I'm a girl!"

Polk

I thought he was really funny. There was one post in particular that I was thankful that I wasn't drinking anything at the time, because I would have spewed it all over my keyboard and ruined it. It's right here if you're curious. That view hasn't changed.

And finally...

RamesesII

I thought he was awesome, but also thought he needed to work on his sentence structuring a bit. I still think he's awesome, and I've gotten used to the way he types up his posts.

That's the ones that I can think of for now.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Gingersnap First Impressions OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, Entity, remember when you thought I was a big bitch?

Actually... a lot of people have thought that. Dawww.

Block, hate is such a strong word. I just thought you were going to make a bunch of weird topics and then either disappear or troll till you got banned. But you're actually not a d-bag by nature, and I appreciate that.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 02-26-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Alliteration
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

The Bad Boy of TFF First Impressions Block's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Block, hate is such a strong word.
    That it is

I thought Telegraph was a huge pimp. Literally I thought he pimped prostitutes for a living. Actually... I still think that.

Death Before Dishonor First Impressions Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the first impression I had of someone was Ragnatoad, and that impression was he is a pompous asshole. But after reading a few of his post I came to realize that he is not that bad.
    Next up is Che. My first impression of him was d*ckhead. But in fact he actually has some valid points, and al of his crude humor has a point.
    Rocky. I didn't really talk to him to much to start with. It appeared like everyone seemed to like him so I started to talk to him. He is a chill guy, and WTF we like the same music. NWA, Eazy-E. How could I not like someone who enjoys Boyz N Tha Hood.
    Meier Link. As soon I joined I saw a post by this guy. At first glance he seemed like the pimp of TFF. I was right. Nice guy, real chill...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

I'm not good at judging people on first impressions unfortunately, so it leads to funny stories lol.

Fate: Thought he was 12, turns out he was 14. My bad man

Sheena: lol.

Insufficent Mage: Like when I first saw her being Oceaneye's adoptee and all, I was like "oh okay this guy must be some kind of femmy emo kid with all of his smilies and shit." Turns out that "he" was a "she"! My bad gurl.

Gypsy: Pretty much the same with Mage. I was like "lol this guy knows all about the dupid shuffle lol but hes an interesting chap oh well." Turns out I was 0 for 3 on the gender differentiation test lol.

Polk: I thought he was a funny unique individual when he first joined. Now I realized that he thinks I'm a jerk which is the reason we didn't hang out last year.

Pete: He was a funny and very down-to-earth dude, I remember I first started talking to him when he was running for S-Mod lol. Fun times! I still got that ms paint picture of us up hahaha.

RagnaToad: I thought he was kind of a doucher until I realized he was from Belgium and we literally didn't understand each other's humor, though I'm getting better at it! He also tells it like it is, which I have mad respect for.

Che: I remember back in 05 seeing this bad dude own the forums with his three word posts and his 7000+ post count, I was like "man what a ****". Turns out he is funny as all hell and we both are big fans of the same kind of music, from crunkjuice stuff to partyhard deadmau5 stuff lol.

Block: I though he was going to be a **** too but I found out that deep down inside that he is a lovable teddy bear

Dragoon: thought he was going to be a nooblet but he turned out to be really cool and all and he even gives me a hard time which cracks me up! <3

Meier Link: I thought he was just drunk all the time with all of his typos, and I never expected him to be a mod! lol jk, we had a lot of fun hanging out in the msn chats.

thats all I can think of for now.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

TFFF Ghost First Impressions Howling Wind's Avatar

Gypsy Elder -

Well I didn't get a chance to really see enough of Gypsy Elder's posts to get a actual impression of her before she invited me to the msner's group. After we talked on MSN I knew she was a fun friendly person I can really get along with. ^^

I feel epic... First Impressions Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Fate

I thought he was cool.

Vivi

I thought he was fun.

Kilala

I thought she was fun/cool.

Ethan

I think he's cool.

DVC

He IS cool.

Unknown Angel

I like talking with her.

Dodie

Its fun to argue with her.

Meigumi

She's fun to talk to.

Elyon
    I've never seen a guy take RPs seriously.

Meier Link

He's all-around cool.

Finally... Ryu

He's distant, but at least he's not irritating.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Maridia

I liked a fair amount of people when I joined up. I was 16 so long time ago. Most people turned out whatever. More than anything I just found people boring. If I didn't click with them that was usually it. My demeanor changed just with time and people randomly going crazy all of a sudden. One girl played the talk me out of killing herself via AIM. What a ****ing psycho...

To most people I'm probably boring seeming but I have a weird personality so it's fine.

I still talk to a couple people. Mostly Kirsty, Daisy and Mel.

Sir Prize First Impressions Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Sinister
    No joke, this is exactly how I pictured him to look before I found out he was blonde. Seriously.
    BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?!?!!?!

*calms self*

I kind of pictured Silver to look like this one guy I work with. Who, now that I think about it, looks like a grunge version of Snow from FF13.

I pictured Ann to look kind of like a blonde Velma Dinkley

I pictured Dimi to look like...IDK, just how he looks, basically.

I never needed to guess how Ocean looked because I saw her picture.

Zeromune...umm, basically pictured him to look like David Koresh.

The same goes with Meier^.

Thought Rocky looked like Mathew Lesko...

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 02-28-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."