Thread: The fifa world cup south africa 2010

some say............ The fifa world cup south africa 2010 The Stig's Avatar

The fifa world cup south africa 2010

so first of all lets start on a topic about the second most prestigous trophy behind the oldest tropy, the FA cup in football (yes i mean football not the so called american one when they hardly use their feet)
    its not far away now only 7 months away.
    I want your prediction who will win, and who will finish 2nd third and who is going to be the suprise package.

plus whats your view on france making the finals instead of ireland

ok i will start i think the winners will be
    England (if they apply themselves proper and stay injury free)
    runners up brazil
    and spain in third
    and the suprise package will be uruguay

and my point of view on the france incident is that thiery henry should have owned up to cheating and not have celebrated and asked the referee to disallow the goal, but the game shouldnt be replayed(i know the decision is already done and it isnt) as its in the fa and fifa rule which date back till the mid 19th century and rules cant be changed.
    Some say he's wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat... all we know is, he's called the Stig

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire, he'd burn for a thousand days... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci Code in 43 seconds... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say he isn't machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Govinda
    I'm supporting North Korea (because they let the team out of the country and that's progress) and anyone who plays England. The Cup hasn't even STARTED yet and all the sports news has reverted to '1966 was the best year in the history of man and it's about to be repeated'. Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland would actually never hear the ****ing end of it if the English won again. So a beer or fifty for anyone who knocks them out.

Theiry Henry really let us all down with that handball. He should have admitted it.

I really don't know who's going to win. I'd like it to be NK, or maybe Brazil, just because they're so nice to watch. Can't wait!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The fifa world cup south africa 2010 Xanatos's Avatar
    England has improved greatly under Capello's regime, almost to perfection and even tho they're one of the favorites to win this cup I hardly believe they'll do so. Regardless of the way they play and the team they have they're always one of the favorites but the harsh reality is that they rarely justify that role, and with every World Cup they disappoint more and more, I just hope they'll do better on this World Cup.

Spain has an outstanding team, they would be favorite even if they would play with the reserves. If they manage to play as they did on the last European Cup they'll win this thing for sure, the only problem is can they avoid major injuries.

Brazil is also great although there are to many new players in the team, young inexperienced players and that could be the only problem for manager Dunga. I highly doubt that Argentina can do anything as long as Maradona stays on the bench, he's forcing to many inexperienced players and refusing to call skillful players because of his personal grudge, I think he's proven that he can't lead such big team as Argentina.

France wont last long, they play awful and the only way they'll do something on this World Cup if the judges help them and I'm sure Platini will arange something. And Italy is...Italy, they could easily win this or ruin everything, as always I'm sure the luck is on their side.

I'm glad to see Slovenia, North Korea and New Zealand on this World Cup, it would be awesome if either one of them would accomplish something like Greece did on the 2004 European Cup, although highly doubtful. I'm really disappointed with my nation Croatia, but frankly they didn't deserve to be on this World Cup in the first place after the shameful display in qualifications.

Theiry Henry disappointed everyone with that handball of his, but FIFA disappointed me even more, their response was shameful. Ireland deserved to be on this world Cup more than anyone.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

#LOCKE4GOD The fifa world cup south africa 2010 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New Zealand will win, in our second-ever World Cup performance, and even though most of our country thinks soccer is for wieners.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *blinks* Lewis, is that you? =O

I can't say I'm a huge football fan myself (I friggin' hate the rowdy football crowds we get over here - nothing worse than a group of drunk chavs crying over England losing), but picking a team to win won't hurt...

England or Brazil. Don't think for a second I'm hanging a flag up for either though.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Shake it like a polaroid picture The fifa world cup south africa 2010 RagnaToad's Avatar
    I think Brazil will win, although England has a shot too this year. I'd love to see Beckham do some penalties. Teehee.

I already hated the French (except their poets), but I didn't know their football players were tossers too. Ireland should have made it. I'm disapointed in Henry. I used to like him, but messing with Eire is messing with me. It's ridiculous that referees can't use video footage when making a decision.

Since Belgium didn't qualify as per usual, I'll probably be rooting for the Netherlands.

EDIT: Also, I hope the Eastern European countries really show what they're made of this time.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 12-11-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

some say............ The fifa world cup south africa 2010 The Stig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    *blinks* Lewis, is that you? =O

I can't say I'm a huge football fan myself (I friggin' hate the rowdy football crowds we get over here - nothing worse than a group of drunk chavs crying over England losing), but picking a team to win won't hurt...

England or Brazil. Don't think for a second I'm hanging a flag up for either though.
    i know its been a while a long while but im back and hopefully for good

but im still backing the lions they have the passion and they have capello we are the team to watch
    Some say he's wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat... all we know is, he's called the Stig

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire, he'd burn for a thousand days... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci Code in 43 seconds... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say he isn't machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

.............. The fifa world cup south africa 2010 smurphy's Avatar
    Being irish seeing this thread is tormenting me but regardless my highlight of the tournament will be when france are thrashed by a proper heavyweight. And Thierry Henry cries.

Im hoping england will win and they certainly have the squad. Just hope for no shootouts.

I want to play a game. The fifa world cup south africa 2010 Zargabaath's Avatar
    I'm going with any non-European team. No European team has won when the World Cup was outside of Europe. When the World Cup was hosted outside of Europe a South American team has won, so they got good chances here.

I don't want France to win due to the whole fiasco that was embarrassing and disgraceful to Theiry Henry, the French national team, and FIFA. Theiry Henry is a poor sportsman and has no respect for fair play; notice when he said he "wished" they could replay the match ... when FIFA said they couldn't! Great job Theiry, we really felt that you wanted to replay.

Is it that surprising though of what Henry did? NO! Football players are some of the most pansy sport players in the world with the "acting" they do when they get hit or not hit at all! Get up, play the game, and stop being sissys! Or do you think you have to resort to cheap tricks to help your team?!?!?! What Theiry did and how he was after the game fits right into that football player archetype.

I'm rooting for Italy, though from what I've seen they aren't as good as their 2006 team and it is in South Africa - LONG LIVE SUPERSTITION!!!!

I'm thinking maybe Brazil to win, always a good choice. As to who finishes second or third I'm not that well informed to make a good prediction. For surprise team, I feel that the U.S may be a team to watch with how they've been lately. The U.S could get deep into the tournament.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Che
    Brazil won't win. They have a lot of young, inexperienced players now. I don't think Ronaldinho is going to be playing.

USA is going to do much better than expected, unless England knocks them out fast, since they are in the same group. I expect England to win, but I also expect them to be cocky about it. USA has some players who finally have passion about soccer. The USA-England game could be one of the greatest.

Me? I'm rooting for Argentina. Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer in the world, and I can't wait to see him pull off some world class moves against the world's best players.

and on the Henry/anyone who's ever had a handball goal: you do what you can to win for your team. That's loyalty. It's not his fault soccer doesn't have review replays for the refs after a goal is made. If the ref can't see it, it's fair game. Soccer is evolving, there may need to be some new rules. The players themselves aren't to blame.
    Last edited by Che; 12-15-2009 at 04:37 AM.