Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2014

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FIFA World Cup 2014 Xanatos's Avatar
    Up to the last 10 minutes of extra time it was a one sided match, Belgium was vastly better and if it wasn't for brilliant Tim Howard it would have ended much, much worse for USA. That being said hats off to USA, hardly anyone gave them a chance next to Germany and Portugal, and they managed to keep off Belgium till the very end.

As for Argentina, I swear if it wasn't for Messi and perhaps Di Maria I highly doubt they would even reach this stage. They'll have to do noticeably better against Belgium, otherwise we might see a replay of quarter finals four years ago in South Africa.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

After beauty that was Belgium - USA this was pretty horrible to watch. Löw's experimenting way too much this year and it shows in a negative way, no more fast and direct Germany we all knew and love. That being said Germany was impressive to say the least in recent Cups and they failed to go all the way through so this may actually work for them in the end, we'll have to wait and see.

Vamos Colombia!!!!

Registered User FIFA World Cup 2014 LauriJ's Avatar
    I haven't really watched the World Cup that much. I just want to enjoy my life and stuff.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) FIFA World Cup 2014 che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    7-1. All team goals. Germany is so hot right now.

I don't see how Argentina has a chance in the final. Which sucks, I don't want it to be boring. Like Netherlands - Argentina was.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Am I the only one who's not entirely surprised by this? Sure, the overall result was bit shocking, but something like this was bound to happen. Brazil is simply terrible, something I've been saying through this entire thread, and if this World Cup hasn't been held in their home country they would never reach this far. Even with Neymar I'm certain their fate would be pretty much the same against Germany.

I am surprised however that Argentina managed to reach finals. They have been unconvincing this entire World Cup. I don't see them beating Germany, that being said, strangest things have happened at this very World Cup. It would certainly be hilarious to see Argentina lift the Cup in the middle of Brazil, Brazilians would go mad. Despite shameful defeat I'm sure every Brazilian will cheer for Germany in the finals.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) FIFA World Cup 2014 che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nope, you're not the only one. I kept seeing Brazil make it farther in the cup, and I can see how. Home country, support, it really does motivate you as players and give you a bit of an "advantage". Brazil players are often... I don't even know how to describe them either. They can find a way somehow. Until you play a team that's just good at everything. And then your weaknesses become HUGE detriments. Germany... maybe they really let the US team off with that 1-0.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Old Skool Warrior FIFA World Cup 2014 LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I'm going for Argentina to beat Germany in the final. I think the pressure will ultimately be too much for Brazil. England to make the quarter-finals. France might surprise people, they have a fairly soft group. And Japan might finally be the dark horses they're often tipped as.

Either way, I can't wait!
    So... I'm hoping you had money on this one! I made bank predicting both Super Bowl teams and the game-winner before last year's NFL season started.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I'm going for Argentina to beat Germany in the final. I think the pressure will ultimately be too much for Brazil. England to make the quarter-finals. France might surprise people, they have a fairly soft group. And Japan might finally be the dark horses they're often tipped as.

Either way, I can't wait!
    someone called that world cup final
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Yanqui UXO FIFA World Cup 2014 charliepanayi's Avatar
    I did, though my other predictions were hopeless!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

As I predicted, Germany won the World Cup. They have an amazing generation, it was only a matter of time they won something. Tough luck for Argentina, they were in my opinion a better opponent during regular time. It's unbelievable what they managed to miss, and as it usually happens all those misses proved to be costly. Also, as far as I'm concern that was a clear foul by Neuer and a possible red card, just another huge mistake among many on this World Cup. Somehow I feel Brazilians are happy with this outcome as much as Germans right now.

As far as Brazil - Netherlands goes, Netherlands was clearly better, but glaring mistakes here as well. That was no penalty, though a textbook red card. Brazilians, both players and fans, will probably want to forget this World Cup as soon as possible.

Overall, enjoyable World Cup, as far as games go definitely better than the one in South Africa, organization wise not so much. However, huge glaring mistakes by referees continue with each match, and that's something they should seriously work on.

Messi as the best player of this World Cup, now that's something I don't agree with at all. He was good, no two ways about it, he saved Argentina on several occasions, but after the group stage he was for the most part not there while there are players that were good all the way through, Muller for instance. My opinion of course.

Boxer of the Galaxy FIFA World Cup 2014 Rowan's Avatar
    I'm so glad its over.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4