Thread: FF7R speculated to release this year

Boxer of the Galaxy FF7R speculated to release this year Rowan's Avatar

Exclamation FF7R speculated to release this year

A SE Revenue report sugguests big things are to be expected next fiscal year. Read the full thing here if anyone still cares
    Release likely in holiday season 2019 more info before E3. : FFVIIRemake

Summary:
    SE is consolidating their 11 divisions down to 4. Reasons for which are speculated as being due to poor results for their mobile gaming sector and lack of resources to their console sector which has resulted in long delays and lower levels of overall quality to their console releases, namely Final Fantasy. FF7R is having an event (perhaps similar to ff15 uncovered) and will announce a release date either late 2019 or early 2020 to coincide with anticipated 50 billion yen profit margins for Q3 2020.

You cant rollerskate in the buffalo herd.

Bananarama FF7R speculated to release this year Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So if it's anything like FF15 it'll come out in 4 more years on PS5.

Also, nice reference.

FF7R speculated to release this year-giphy-1-jpg
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Defo won't be out this year, or next, unless they actually plan on making it episodic. If they are, i wont be picking it up until the "complete edition" which would then likely take 20 years, and even then thats only if the reviews are good. Which by their track record final fantasy wise, it wont

Blog Entries
    I don't even have a current gen console, lolol. I do have a current gen gaming laptop. I don't know that that will help with this. I could play FF15 or DQ11, though.

Man, talking about FF7 reminds me when I first came here, and there was a faction of people who didn't like 8, 9, or 10. Man, those were good times.

It's extremely difficult for me to be excited about this one. I waited 10 years for 15 and look what happened...

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I follow anything FF7R related very closely and can tell you all what I've learned.
    The game has already been in production for 5 years.
    The games custscenes and voice acting for both English and Japanese have been completed for some time (first installment)
    The game will be released in multiple full size parts (akin to FF13 series)
    A lot of effort has been made making this remake with longtime fans in mind
    SE stated that "2019 is the year for FF7R"

We are highly likely to receive a big reveal within the next 2 - 3 months, confirmed to be prior to E3

There is a lot to be excite about.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FF7R speculated to release this year Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Defo won't be out this year, or next, unless they actually plan on making it episodic. If they are, i wont be picking it up until the "complete edition" which would then likely take 20 years, and even then thats only if the reviews are good. Which by their track record final fantasy wise, it wont
    It's officially confirmed it will be episodic, so yea, the first episode just might release this year.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    It's officially confirmed it will be episodic, so yea, the first episode just might release this year.
    Just to clarify, episodic can seem like its going to be a 'telltale' series.
    When it was first announced it was going to be episodic, it was an error in translation and that the game being release in 'parts' akin to the XIII series is what was intended to be expressed.

What way did XIII work episode wise? I only tried the base game and didnt get very far because its a bag of shite

Blog Entries
    nix: XIII 1 was a complete story, more or less. I soldiered all the way through it, and although I wasn't super thrilled with it, I'd consider it a complete game. I assume the other two were, as well. Based on that....

Rowan: Does that mean that they're gonna split FF7 up into separate games, somehow, then?

Blog Entries
    FF7 hallway simulator coming soon!

I can see it getting broken into chapters that are shorter in length than the discs. I can also see myself getting very pissed off with having to wait an ungodly amount of time to get the next chapter.

It's bad enough when you have to wait for a sequel, it's going to really suck to wait 5 years for disc 2 of a game that's old enough to have a beer.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    FF7 hallway simulator coming soon!

I can see it getting broken into chapters that are shorter in length than the discs. I can also see myself getting very pissed off with having to wait an ungodly amount of time to get the next chapter.

It's bad enough when you have to wait for a sequel, it's going to really suck to wait 5 years for disc 2 of a game that's old enough to have a beer.

Just wait for all the "episodes" to be released and buy the "complete edition" that will no doubt be released, you will save a small fortune and also help deter them doing stupid episode bullshit for the future

But eh yeah, im guessing the first episode would end on the escape of Midgar, and if thats the size they are going to make the episodes, there will be a crazy amount of them before they get through the game

Blog Entries
    I'm picturing a cutscene with Sephiroth's blade milimeters from Aeris, and all of a sudden it flashes to black. A mog sitting on a chocobo appears and tells you to wait for the next installment.

I'll probably wait for the full version to come out. Remastered for the third time, game of the year 1997- 2027 30th anniversary edition to come out. On PS6.

Edit: I'm not sure if I would prefer it to have all of the additional lore involved or for it to stick to the original story with maybe some extra sidequests or collectibles
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    nix: XIII 1 was a complete story, more or less. I soldiered all the way through it, and although I wasn't super thrilled with it, I'd consider it a complete game. I assume the other two were, as well. Based on that....

Rowan: Does that mean that they're gonna split FF7 up into separate games, somehow, then?
    Exactly. Much like Pete and nix have been saying, its pretty much going to have an end point for each game, much like how the original had 'chapter' end points at the end of each disk.
    Story will be fleshed out to accomplish this and maybe it wont need so much fleshing out as there is already a lot of story to tell. I know they really want to focus on the characters of avalanche (Biggs, Wedge and Jessie) so that their inevitable deaths will be more impactful to the player. Theres a lot that can be accomplished in this remake both story and gameplay wise. Im just hoping they dont make any stupid decisions restricting character progression etc. If I wanna grind bolt3 before midgar zolom goddamnit this is a free country, I should be able to grind bolt3 before Zolom.

I can see it being in 3 parts, Start to Exit of Midgar, Kalm to City of the ancients exit and then Icicle inn to rest of the game.

But with the way they will likely make the game, a set path with no world map, they will likely gut the content in between each start and end point.

Wutai quest line would likely be DLC, heck they may even make gold saucer DLC

oh lawdy i do not see good things to come of this..

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    If I wanna grind bolt3 before midgar zolom goddamnit this is a free country, I should be able to grind bolt3 before Zolom.
    Id be surprised if they kept the same materia system

Blog Entries
    $5.99 to unlock Knights of the Round.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic FF7R speculated to release this year Master Garland's Avatar
    I'm hyped for it regardless of the episodic nature it will have. FFVII is such a huge game in the first place but after having converted all that explorative world into HD 3d environments it's bound to take up a lot of physical data on a disk. I wonder if that's the reason they have to split the game up?

Looking forward to the crossdressing scene in hd! Also, seeing the beautiful magic spells and summons in their remastered and reimagined states will be spectacular!

I hope they rebalance some of the limit breaks. Some character greatly fall behind others because imbalanced limits late-end game. Vincent needs a better limit, Tifa's Final Heaven needs to be a multi hit(like 4x hit) so she can compete with Omni Slash, Ungermax, Highwind and Doom of the Living etc.

Blog Entries
    I don't disagree with the idea of balancing out the limits, but I also hope they have a sliding scale for the difficulty.

A few years ago I did a run through where I was determined to get Great Gospel. I think I was around level 65-70 by the end of disc 1. The rest of the game was kinda boring, and understandably so. I'd just like to see it balance out a little more at higher levels.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic FF7R speculated to release this year Master Garland's Avatar
    That is definitely a high level for that point in the game! By the way when you say you would like there to be a "sliding scale difficulty" do you mean something akin to Final Fantasy VIII's idea of having monsters and some bosses level up to match the party average? That would be a wonderful idea actually. I'm a perfectionist on videogames so I hope they remake some of the rare items to be more easily obtainable from monsters. Getting the Mirror(from Dorky Faces) and the Earth Mallet(from Crater Gigas) among others are nightmarish tasks sometimes!

Blog Entries
    That's pretty much exactly what I mean. I really like the idea of enemies still posing a relative challenge. It makes grinding slightly more interesting than simply mashing a button and running in circles.

Also, fun fact, FFVII got released for Xbox one, PS4 and switch today. I haven't found any information about if it's a direct port, if they polished the graphics, or if they added achievements. I do know its 16 dollars, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Also, fun fact, FFVII got released for Xbox one, PS4 and switch today. I haven't found any information about if it's a direct port, if they polished the graphics, or if they added achievements. I do know its 16 dollars, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
    Its just a port, just get it on PC, cost alot less and you know it will still be accessible for years to come. Where with consoles, you wont be able to play it on future consoles. It's for this very reason, i don't buy digital games on consoles. That and also the inflated price issue...but still!

Blog Entries
    I'm a console peasant. I still have my original PS1 and a PS3, so I'm not really worried about playing the game, because I could do that whenever. I'm debating picking it up just for the convenience, but at this point I think I'd rather just finish Red Dead and then maybe start a new game of FFVI. I don't really want to give Square any more money unless this port was significantly polished and smoothed. Plus I don't know how good the graphics will actually look on a larger TV.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

My advice if ya really wanted to play it, is get the switch and play it handheld, Will be grand on the small screen like that, I'd probably pick it up myself then if i found myself travelling or in a job where i could chip away at it.

And hells yeah, i still have my PS1 and original FF7-9's

Blog Entries
    I think I might just hold off until the actual reboot comes out. I'll pick up a PS4 then. I still have too many new games to play, and luckily a wife who kind of gets it. She doesn't necessarily understand why I want multiple systems, but she'll shut up and love it when I bust out my original Genesis to play old Sega games.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    I have the Steam version of 7, that I never played. Also probably still have the PS1 disk somewhere, although I think I got rid of the PC disk version. It's a bit odd to me that I've bought it 3 times, and it isn't my favorite FF. Technically I've also bought 6 3 times, but once was for my nephew, and another was with the SNES Classic.

I've got a lot of console stuff just sittin' around, collecting dust. Think I might sell it to Gamestop. I got too much shit just sittin' around in boxes and such.

Blog Entries
    eBay might be a better option if you're looking to actually get a fair price. I feel like you'd walk into GameStop with a factory sealed copy of Sonic 1 and they'd offer 50 cents
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I don't understand why anybody would go into gamestop other than to laugh at their ludicrous prices

Then again, they may be only rip off merchants on my shores, could be different in the USA?

Blog Entries
    They suck here too. It's not necessarily the workers faults, but the corporate side of things. I'm not sure why they can't operate like any other store. If I wanted a used copy of something, I'd ask for it; don't try to push that shit on me to save 5 bucks. Also, if you try to sell me a fucking shelf copy, you can't possibly charge full price. It's been opened and is therefore used.

Also, don't try to sell me a warranty on my games. I'm 32, I take care of my shit.

Don't try to upsell me on anything refurbished. Don't want it. Also, don't get offended that I don't want it. I'm willing to pay money for something new, shut up and give me what I want.

Also, fuck off with the "oh we can't sell you a copy because we only have pre-orders". They pulled that line on me once, so I went on my phone, ordered the game and chose to pick it up in the store. The employee was completely unfazed at how annoyed I was when I said I wanted to pick up my order after that.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I invented Go-Gurt. FF7R speculated to release this year Clint's Avatar
    Also, fuck off with the "oh we can't sell you a copy because we only have pre-orders". They pulled that line on me once, so I went on my phone, ordered the game and chose to pick it up in the store. The employee was completely unfazed at how annoyed I was when I said I wanted to pick up my order after that.
    You don't even have to do that. Just carry a gun. If someone doesn't do what you want them to do, just pull your gun on them. It's the American way.

Blog Entries
    My bandolier was at the dry cleaners
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN