Thread: Favorite smells

Bananarama Favorite smells Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite smells

Simple question. What are your favorite scents?

Some of mine are:

Bubblemint gum- it reminds me of the start of baseball season and the idea tthat everything is new and fresh

Car garages with that oil smell- reminds me of when I was little and when my dad would pick me up from school, then park in said garage. It was when I had zero cares in the world

Fresh cut grass and tilled clay- reminds me of both my grandpa and little league. My grandpa was kind of crazy about his lawn, and would make sure he had the best lawn on the block. A fresh lawn reminds me of going to his house. A fresh tilled baseball filed, with the scents of sand and clay just remind me of when I was younger and summer baseball was all that mattered.

A close third and fourth might be the scent of a sega Genesis cartridge, followed by a new book. Both scents are pretty incredible to me.

Your thoughts are appreciated
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

#LOCKE4GOD Favorite smells Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I recently got a bread maker. Now I've really got into baking my own bread. I love to program it so that it finishes baking at the same time my alarm goes off in the morning. Literally the freshest bread imaginable, and the whole house smells like bread.

My most nostalgic smell is "dad's wallet". It just had a particular smell, I don't know what it was, but it smelt nice.

Blog Entries
    I like the smell of hops, at a brewery. It reminds me of beer. Also tho, it reminds me of the coast, because I try to visit the Rogue Brewery whenever I go there. Lotsa nice memories of the coast.

I also like the smell of camp or bonfires. I have lots of great memories with friends, during the Summertime, around those.

The smell of a grill is great, too.

Blanking on anything else, right now.

The Mad God Favorite smells Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Single malt islay scotch. Nothing compares to that nice smoky, peaty aroma.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

#LOCKE4GOD Favorite smells Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Single malt islay scotch. Nothing compares to that nice smoky, peaty aroma.
    Laphroaig, aged 10 years. Smells like someone smoked a cigar and blew it into the bottle.

Also, coffee. I only buy beans just so I can smell it as I grind it. Mornings are the best.

The Mad God Favorite smells Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Love Laphroaig. I usually go for the quarter cask or triple wood over the 10 year though, strongly recommend either if you can find them. Well worth the extra money.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Dive bars. The smell of mouldy wood and cheap whiskey mixed with cigarette smoke just takes me right to that special place in my mind that is associated with honkytonk and classic rock music.

Leather, for similar reasons (my dad had a leather guitar strap when I was a kid, which he still has on his 2004 Mexican Tele). Also that peculiar smell that comes from a tube-powered guitar amplifier.

Apples and apple juice.

That smell that permeates the air after the first frost of winter hits. It wasn't as prevalent in the South, now that I'm living back up North I'm looking forward to it.

Italian food in general.

Also, not to give tmi, but my S.O.'s body odor.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Blog Entries
    Dive bars do have a particular smell. Sometimes when going in to a new bar for the first time, you smell it and know it'll be a fun time.

Working in construction, during a frosty winter, I happen to love the smell of when an excavator gets beyond the frost layer, and you can smell fresh earth. It permeates the air and is almost delicious.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I invented Go-Gurt. Favorite smells Clint's Avatar
    The smell of bread reminds me of my father, so that.

The smell of gasoline also reminds me of my father, so that too.

The smell of leather also reminds me of my father, so that as well.

Apparently most of my favorite smells remind me of people I admire. Guess that makes sense.

The Bad Boy of TFF Favorite smells Block's Avatar
    Personally I love the smell of the couch in my game room. It's got a super funk to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

Blog Entries
    Funny enough, turning on the heat in my house for the first time this fall brought memories flooding back. My house has steam heat, as did my grandparents house. It reminded me of Christmases and Thanksgivings spent over there, shoveling snow, building snowmen (sorry, snowpersons), and playing with my dad's old train set in their basement.

Fun times
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Favorite smells-smellevision-jpg

Also, wanted to add that vinyl records smell good to me, for some reason, I guess it must have been the fact that I grew up listening to them while they were in decline in the 80's - early 90's...and now everyone wants them again? :| Make up your mind people
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."