Thread: does anyone do track and/or cross country

does anyone do track and/or cross country

hey everyone I'm a freshman yay! I want to see how good I am agained people in the counntry

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: does anyone do track and/or cross country

Longest I've done on a track was 800m on sports day. I was ****ed by the end of that 5 odd minutes, and I think I came in at 4th? My 100m sprint wasn't too bad, and my fastest time was something between 16 and 17 seconds (might've been faster as I screwed up my start/lift off thing). I was also one of the last people to collapse during a bleep test - can't remember my level though.

We never really did cross country, although my school did do a club for it that didn't last long. I couldn't make the first run due to drama rehearsals and setting up my badminton club, and so then I pulled out. Instead, the PE version of "cross country", I ran/jogged/sprinted around the tennis courts for as long as I could.

I'd love to get back into it, but I don't live near many tracks. ._.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Old Skool Warrior does anyone do track and/or cross country LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to run a ~0:53 400m back in the day, but that was when I was healthy and running on a daily basis. My 100m time was never that good since I didn't have a good speed out of the blocks, and I didn't have the stamina to run anything longer than an 800m (competitively, anyway), so I typically stuck with the 200m, 400m, and 800m. I was too clumsy for hurdles.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I do what you can't. does anyone do track and/or cross country Sasquatch's Avatar

I used to run track, back in high school. Spent three years at it. Never cared for distance or cross-country because I never had the endurance, but I always had speed.

I ran a 40m as a sophomore at 4.6 seconds, and I could get into the 12s at 100m. I ended up doing 100 and 200, 4x100 and 4x200 relays (last leg), and 110 and 300 hurdles. Then I got into long- and triple-jump. I did hurdles more than anything, just because I was one of the few who could do them (and not well, but well enough). But we could only do four events total, so I'd do hurdles and fill in wherever else our school was weak at.

There were two times that my coaches put me in the 4x400 relay, and I'm not sure why. I was the first leg both times, and though I finished my leg in 0:55 the first time, the second time took 1:04.

I was always decent, but never really good. I could place, even get first sometimes against schools that didn't have many hurdlers, but I only made it to sectionals (or regionals, whichever they called the first ones) in the 100 and 4x1.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

I always relied on my speed and could hit the late 11's/12 on the 100m but I only ever ran distance and a means to get fit. Never been a competitive distance runner but I'd love to be fit enough to do it!

Registered User does anyone do track and/or cross country Locke4God's Avatar

I don't get the point of track or cross county,,,,,,,,,,, well running in general. I love tennis, and hockey, and basketball, because you can mix in strategy with all the physical effort. But running? You're just running. What do think about the whole time they are doing a marathon? Left, Right, Left, Right? Keep going, keep going? I mean with other sports, you're thinking about where you want to place a pass, where the open man is, how to adjust your defense, how to eleminate the opponents strength, etc etc. I just don't get running.

Gingersnap does anyone do track and/or cross country OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha. I never ran track in school, but I do enjoy running. I just find it relaxing, and the exercise endorphins are super pleasant. On a treadmill I can just sort of zone out and listen to music..... it's oddly meditative, I don't know.

But I imagine running competitively is a bit different.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    I don't get the point of track or cross county,,,,,,,,,,, well running in general. I love tennis, and hockey, and basketball, because you can mix in strategy with all the physical effort. But running? You're just running. What do think about the whole time they are doing a marathon? Left, Right, Left, Right? Keep going, keep going? I mean with other sports, you're thinking about where you want to place a pass, where the open man is, how to adjust your defense, how to eleminate the opponents strength, etc etc. I just don't get running.
    Keeping fit and healthy is one point. You plan out a route, have a good stretch, and start jogging/running. It also gets you outside and makes you sweat which'll clear out the gunk you have in your skin. I guess you could call it endurance boosting too.

You could say that tennis is just hitting a ball back and forth, back and forth while making sex noises. Sure, it's got a bit of strategy and thinking to it, but really... there's no point. At least with running, you're actually getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceaneyes
    But I imagine running competitively is a bit different.
    Knackering. ._.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Bananarama does anyone do track and/or cross country Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was never a runner, never did track, or anything like that, but I know that there's plenty of strategy in track and cross country. You have people with different speeds and running styles, placed in different types or races, and different legs of a relay. Sure, you can simplify it by saying "run as fast as you can and do it faster than the other guys", but it's harder when you have four people of different speeds and running styles all competing on the same team in a race.

As for my own running style, I'm much more of a short distance sprinter. It's all I've ever really needed for baseball, since it's essentially a 30yard- 120yard dash at any given time. Unfortunately, I'm trying to train myself to become more of a distance runner, since that's what I'll have to do in whichever academy I get into... sigh.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Gingersnap does anyone do track and/or cross country OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah I mostly do interval running. Sprint for a bit, speedwalk or slow jog for a bit, repeat. My goal is to get my heartbeat way up and then let it get back down before bringing it up again. For my purposes, it works great and I recover well and quickly from intense bursts of energy. But I'd have to make changes in how I train if I were going to try a long endurance run. So props to marathon runners.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth does anyone do track and/or cross country Xanatos's Avatar

Can't say I ever ran track, though while I was in higschool, after bus ride home, I still had 3 KM left to actually reach my home. I used to run one part of that path, over the time I managed to built my stamina quite a bit which proved to be useful while playing football. I wasn't exactly the best on the field, but I damn sure ran more than any of my teammates.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I run the 1 mile in 4:30. 2 mile in 8:45. DMR( distance medly relay) I run the 800 in that it's about a 1:25. And finaly the 400 in 53 sec.

Bananarama does anyone do track and/or cross country Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1 View Post
    I run the 1 mile in 4:30. 2 mile in 8:45. DMR( distance medly relay) I run the 800 in that it's about a 1:25. And finaly the 400 in 53 sec.
    Hey congrats on being full of shit. Unless you're some kind of super olympian, who has yet to be discovered, I'm calling bullshit.

The world record for the 800 is 1:41:01, and before that 1:41:11.

The world record for the mens 2 mile is 7:58:61 outdoor and 8:04:35 indoor.

Unless you're from Africa, I'm inclined to no believe you.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

dear pete,
    Sorry I had a typo my 800 time is a 2 mile is a 8:45 (it's called hard work)

MERGED POSTS

OMG sorry again my 800 time is a 2:15
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 05-14-2011 at 07:48 AM.

The Old Skool Warrior does anyone do track and/or cross country LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was gonna say, if your 800 time is 1:25, you should have been able to slaughter my 0:53 on the 400m.

2:15 is a much more feasible time. I did run with some guys back in high school who were phenomenal distance runners though. One of them used to pull an 8:30-8:40 2-mile, so I know it's certainly plausible.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.