Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not?

Godsmack Worshipper Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...

Question Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not?

Before someone starts putting words in my mouth, let me tell you the following:

I'm NOT a religious person! By creating this thread, I'm NOT asking you to go to church/temple, NOR telling you that going to church/temple is a waste of time.
    Personally, I do believe in God/Jesus, but I don't go to church anymore. It's just that simple.

With that being said, the title says it all. Do you go to church/temple?

If your answer is YES;

• Why?
    • How often do you go?
    • When was the last time you went?
    • Do you believe a person should go church/temple in order to get to Heaven?

If your answer is NO;

• Why not?
    • Have you ever been forced to go?
    • Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? If Yes; what do you think a person should do in order to get to Heaven?

Keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinions/beliefs. I'm sure trashing/bashing others for their own opinions/beliefs won't be tolerated by mods.
    You disagree with someone? Easy! Just smile and nod.

Happy posting.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 05-31-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Re: Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not?

Not religious, went once when I was 2 apparently. That was when my folks decided not to go with that whole religion church thing. Been raised to believe what I want since, and I choose to not believe in religion. also no. we die, we die, dead, nothing done.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't go to church. I don't believe in God, but I do however believe a man called Jesus existed.

I don't go to church simply because I don't feel it can do anything for me. Making myself believe in God doesn't make me any happier, stronger, or something more worth while. I don't feel anything when I think that perhaps a God does exist, so why would I surround myself with people who believe they do? Don't tell me it'd be for fun... I know it won't be.

I wouldn't say I was ever forced to go - it was just a part of my upbringing that I had to go through with every now and then. My mother took me for Christmas and Easter, and my school took me for every festival in the Christian calender... and for the leaving ceremony. I was too young to have my own opinion, and I thought everyone went to church.

I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. I believe that people who have near death experiences, and come back saying they saw the pearly gates only saw what they wanted to see, either because they do believe in God, or because they were frightened and the last thought they had was to do with God. As for hell? Well, we've all sinned, so that place should be running riots in our streets by now.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Xanatos's Avatar

I'm religious person so yea, I do go to church.

* Why?

Honestly, I don't know. It's not like someone's forcing me to go, I just do it. I guess I got used to it, after all, church was a big part of my life and devoting one hour of my time solely to God every now and then ain't that bad, I certainly feel better and more secure after that.

* How often do you go?

It really depends on my mood, but usually twice per month.

* When was the last time you went?

Yesterday.

* Do you believe a person should go church/temple in order to get to Heaven?

Well, it certainly wouldn't hurt to visit church every now and then, at least on holidays, but no, I don't think a person needs to go to the church in order to get to Heaven. Church is just a place where you come to show your respect and gratitude to God, to me it really doesn't matter where you pray as long as you do pray.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not?

I don't go to church, but I like to consider myself religious. I choose to not go to church because I've never really liked the atmosphere. Maybe it's the types of churches I went to that turned me off from going to "organized places of worship", but I haven't found one that I particularly enjoyed after trying out quite a few. I gave up on that endeavor, and basically just worship in my own way. I think it's more personal doing that anyway, and I know that I enjoy it a lot more.

When I was younger, there was a time that I was indeed forced to go, but one day I just got fed up with it, and said that I wasn't going anymore. I took a lot of crap from my parents for doing that, but I didn't care. I wasn't comfortable in the church we used to go to, and was much happier just worshiping in my own way.

As for the Heaven and Hell thing: I like to think that there's an afterlife, and according to the things I believe, the place we go to will be either Heaven or Hell, so yeah, I do believe in them. As for how one is Heaven-bound, I've heard tons of interpretations of how one ultimately "goes to Heaven", so I don't really know how one does it. Sound confusing? Probably. But I don't really dwell on the thought. Honestly, I live for life I have now, and try to be the best I can be while I'm on this Earth while still keeping in with my own interpretation of "faith".
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? kupo's Avatar

im glad everyone here at TFF is a civilized bunch of coconuts when it comes to religious discussions. ive been on some forums where everyone was fine and dandy until someone brought up religion then all hell would break loose and the mods would start waving the ban flag. anyway, i am religious (christian)

Why?
    i come from a very religious family (mom is presbyterian, dad was raised catholic) and these beliefs were just passed onto me during my lifetime. i have looked into many other religions and their beliefs but christianity is the one that makes the most sense to me. on a side note, one thing that really bothers me is when christians force their religious views onto athiest.

How often do you go?
    every week if possible.

When was the last time you went?
    yesterday

Do you believe a person should go church/temple in order to get to Heaven?
    hell no. but it dosen't hurt lol.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

I invented Go-Gurt. Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Clint's Avatar

I was raised a Christian, and in a way, I still am. I, however, never go to church.

Why not?

The church is a political machine, and like all political machines, it's goal is to do one thing and one thing only; get as much money as possible. Why can't the pope get married? The pope used to be able to get married. However, that would mean that at the time of the pope's death, his money would either be inherited by his children, or his spouse. In order to make more money, the leaders of the church made it such that it was a sin for the pope to be married. That way, when he dies, the church gets all of his money.

One thing I know about money; the more you have, the more corrupt you're likely to be. The church has a hell of a lot of money, and it wants even more. That right there tells me the church is pretty damn corrupt.

Have you ever been forced to go?
    When I was a kid and didn't have a choice, yes.

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?
    I believe in heaven, but hell just doesn't seem that logical. The way I figure, God is described as a loving father, so how could a loving father sentence the majority of his children to eternal torture? I could understand hell if God was the deity equivalent of Josef Stalin, but I don't remember anybody ever describing Stalin as "loving."

Bananarama Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to go, so I'll answer both sets.

Why?

I went to Catholic grammar and high school. It was just one of those things that you kinda had to do.

How often do you go?

I used to go every single Sunday, or Saturday nights when I had baseball games on Sundays.

This past Easter.

Not at all. I think if you do good deeds and truly try to live a good life, like following the rules outlined in the Ten Commandments, you'll be set.

I'm a lapsed Catholic, so I call myself a Catholic, but don't really associate with the Church.

Why not?

Long story short; too much bullshit. Priests touching little kids really turned me off to it.

Yup, part of going to Catholic school. My parents wanted to do the whole practicing Catholic thing for me and my brother.

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? If Yes; what do you think a person should do in order to get to Heaven?

Yes, and I think that you should just do good deeds and try to be the best person you can be.

Registered User Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? winterborn86's Avatar

No I'm not religious, and I've only been to church 3 times, 2 wedding and a christening, even tho I don't believe in either, it was a family thing so kinda had no choice.

No I do NOT believe in heven or hell, nor do I believe in god, Why?? because I have a very hard time believing that one man would make a great and wonderful world just to sit back and have it destroyed by us humans.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Certified tech, come at me! Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do you go to church/temple?

As a matter of fact I do.

Why?

I go because I enjoy worshiping a God who loves me and I like to be around a community of other people that like me for who I am.

How often do you go?

I usually go every sunday.

On this rare occasion, I went last saturday.

As nice as it is for people to attend church, thats not exactly how you get to Heaven. I believe that church is just a building to bring a community together to worship God and share experiences and learn more about Him. I also believe that we, the body, are the church itself and we can have direct communication with God just by prayer and listening for Him. One last thing I had to add is that I also believe that if you personally accept Jesus into your heart by prayer that you'll be going to heaven. To summarize all this, I like going to church and I personally think direct communication to God is the most effective way of worshipping Him.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 05-31-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Yes, I am religious.

Why?
    Because I feel like it. ...or it feels right to me. Believe me, I've thought it through a million times, and I can't really explain adequately why, but at the same time, I don't feel there's reason enough for me not to be. I believe in and love Jesus and his teachings, and there is enough proof in the world around me to believe in Him.

How often do you go?
    Pretty much every weekend. I'd been alternating between two churches (or going to both) but one isn't doing their service anymore that I went to for the time being, so...

Yesterday. I was a bit late, though. Getting up on Sundays is becoming more and more difficult for me (actually, getting up any morning is... staying up all night is how I've been doing things the past couple weeks.)

I don't believe you have to go to church to get to Heaven. I believe you need a relationship with God in order to get to Heaven, and fellowship is important in helping you keep a fresh perspective on your faith, but ultimately church probably isn't necessary. I like to go anyway, though. Plus, my parents would be really sad if I didn't go to their church, and it gives me an excuse to see them/sing in the choir when my schedule permits, so...

Also, I think the whole "Priests touch children!" thing has been blown out of proportion, to the point of which I've seen all Catholics accused of being child molesters, so that kind of annoys me. Not that I'm denying that it happened or that it was bad, mind you. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

A Plain Old Derp Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Padraic's Avatar

Why not? : Well, I don't believe in the whole going to church/ religious place because if there is a god, or gods, then he won't hate you for just not celebrating him every week or so, and if he does, well, he's no God of mine.

Have you ever been forced to go?: When I was little I was baptized because I am of Irish decent and the some Irish are heavy believers so they tried to push the religion ontome, it somewhat worked

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? If Yes; what do you think a person should do in order to get to Heaven? : I do not believe in a Heaven or Hell perse, I believe in more of an, Eden, where everyone goes to the paradise of the afterlife, the ones who worked hard in their life, and were good would receive more priveledges (fail spelling sorry...) than those who commited crimes, and in no way tried to redeem themselves. Well, to get into what you would say as "heaven", or the good spot, you would just need to be the best person you could be.

Tsuna Feesh Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Fate's Avatar

I'm religious, too, so I do go to church every Sunday.

Why?
    Basically because my whole family goes, so I have to go with them. We have my family going for the first mass, plus three to four of my uncles' families, so it's slightly less boring.

How often do you go?
    Like I said, every Sunday. Sometimes for holidays, though, there are the masses on Saturday which you have to go to, so we go to those, too, followed by church again the next day. >>

Loool, I was just at church yesterday morning.

I don't necessarily believe that you have to go to church to go to Heaven. It's not like, "If you don't go to church every Sunday of your life upon accepting this religion, you're going to Hell." That seems really unreasonable. Like Telegraph said, you need a relationship and connection with God, most importantly.

Though, going to church is a good way to strengthen that connection, and plus you're around people with the same beliefs as you so it helps.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Sir Prize Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have gone to church in the past and most likely will in the future.

Why?
    Because I'm Catholic and I feel that men should have ceremony and a ritual. It seems like a natural human need and I see no reason not to indulge.

How often do you go?
    Not all that often, really. I am a poor Catholic and am more philosophical than religious.

Just this month...about three weeks ago.

I don't presume to know how God judges people, if in fact he exists to judge or exists at all. I don't consider myself unworthy of Heaven for not attending church and I don't judge other people.

{Disclaimer}

Once again, I stress that though professing to be Catholic and having been schooled in the Christian tradition, I still prefer and am much more savvy with Taoistic Philosophy.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

The Lone Dagger Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Xithor's Avatar

Yes I am a religious person and I go to church.

Why?
    I go to church because both I've grown up going to church and I enjoy going there and singing and hearing the word of God.

How often do you go?
    Every Sunday and other holidays like New Years Eve

That would be yesterday morning

Church is not meant as being a make or break with getting into Heaven. The building itself with nothing in it is not a church, it's the people coming to worship that makes the building a church so I believe that the congregation is the church not the physical building. You don't have to attend church every Sunday in order to get into Heaven but it is meant as a place to recharge yourself and get you excited again to go out and spread the Word. As long as you believe you will go to Heaven, you don't need to go to church every week.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Why not?

I used to be devout Catholic reading the bible often and doing my best to live my life proper the way things would be expected of me. Unfortunately that is not how others in my church lived. They would say all the things that they were supposed to and claim to be living righteously as God intended and then go out in the real world and do the exact opposite. For a time I just turned a blind eye to this cause it was/is not my place to judge anyone for their misdeeds. After a while I just got so sick of seeing these people live such blasphemous lives and sitting so pretty in a social standard having it all and eating their cake too. It made me sick as well as shook my faith to see this whilst others who were true to the teachings get shit on by these people and the very world they were trying to make better.

No, I enjoyed going when I did and went often twice a week.

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? If Yes; what do you think a person should do in order to get to Heaven?

I do believe in Heaven and Hell, but I believe that everyone goes to Hell. While they are there two separate paths are placed before him/her. One path will lead to redemption through repentance for the sins one had committed in life and eventually leads to a spiritual utopia. The other continues on with the life of debauchery that person led as well as torment for it. I'll admit it's a bit extreme but in my mind it is just.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Jin's Avatar

My answer is no.

Why not?
    Because I don't subscribe to any faith that requires church/temple going and I'm not big on looking to others for my spiritual/philosophical needs.

Not to an actual service. I've been to a bat mitzvah that required a ceremony in a temple, but it wasn't a regular service. I was forced to go to that, but only because the girl was my cousin. I've also been to a Christian service, though I can't remember for the life of me why. I'm sure I was forced, but not for religious purposes.

Not really, no. It seems too orderly to me; too black and white. That being said, I don't disbelieve in Heaven and Hell.

Until now!

Gingersnap Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No one will read this whole thing

I'll do what Pete did. Because I used to. Presbyterian.

If your answer is YES;
    Why?
    The church community. I was a part of the youth group and had a lot of friends there. And I have always been spiritual and interested in theology, so it was nice to have a forum to discuss those kinds of things, even if sometimes the responses I got didn't satisfy me. Mostly, we had fun. And it did feel good to focus on faith for extended periods of time.

How often do you go?
    I'd go Sunday mornings for Sunday school/church service, Sunday evenings for youth group, and Wednesday evenings for choir.

Oh wow, uh.... Christmas Eve 2008? And before that, Christmas Eve of 2007, probably.

Oh my god, no, and I have never thought that ever. Even as a small, impressionable child. It's so flawed and ridiculous. Sorry.

If your answer is NO;
    Why not?
    There are too many things I don't agree with. I don't believe the Bible is the "Word of God." That seems to be a pretty big factor in Christianity. And I won't be a part of a religion (any religion) that supports the idea of women being less than or subservient to men. Don't get me started on the way pretty much all major religions view homosexuality. Or sexuality period. I'm spiritual, I think about God, I pray. But I am not religious. There are things I like about Christianity, and about Buddhism... but I don't have a desire to identify with any one in particular.

I went to a Catholic elementary and middle school. Yes, I have (but never by my parents). I'm not Catholic, so it took some getting used to, all the ritual and standing and kneeling and sitting. Once, I was told to go to confession even though I had no desire to and had never been before, and had no idea what I was doing. I didn't even get the veiled booth thing. I sat in a room with some priest who was really old (couldn't-sit-up-straight old) and said, "I don't know what I'm doing here. I'm Presbyterian." "Well, we all make mistakes and if we ask, then God forgives us." "......" "In the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit, Amen." And that was it. Awkward.

I believe/hope there is something that follows our existence here, but I have no idea what. But in my mind, it isn't as literal or as black and white as "heaven" and "hell." I think being a good person is a lot more important to any afterlife than which church you choose to go to. I don't believe something like eternity should be based on religion roulette.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 05-31-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

SURFS UP!!!!! Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Unknownangel's Avatar

yes I'm LDS or others say Mormon, I like going to church, you learn a lot of things religious and non religious stuff, its also fun, most of my friends are there and great, even if we kind off get crazy, guilty, and many other things. I love it.
    Surfs up baby!!!

This ain't no place for no hero Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Tiffany's Avatar

I used to go. I was raised Baptist.

I love the idea of faith. However, I hate organized religion. Like anything else there are aspects of it that are very corrupt and I just can't get my mind around the fact that people who are preaching about doing things right are in reality doing things they shouldn't. Sure, you can use the whole "Man is flawed, therefore we need God to abolish our sins..." blah blah blah.

I used to attend our youth group. Our assistant youth group director was convicted of running a child pornography ring. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. That was enough for me to take a step back from "The Church", and start thinking about it in my own terms.

To be perfectly honest, I find that religion is something that people invented because they are afraid of what happens when you die. The thought of going to Paradise where everything is amazing is a much better thought than to think that boom, that's it... you're gone. I like the idea of heaven, I like the idea that my soul will live forever, I just don't personally believe that it will. Which sucks, because at times I'd rather have the blind optimism that people have who aren't afraid to die (as I very much am.)

I try to live my life the way The Bible states but again those (to me) are just basic human principals, not exactly something only for the religious. Be nice to others. Do what you can (within your means) to help the less fortunate. Don't hurt others... etc etc.

I'm very conflicted on the whole of it all.

Learner Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? CloudTide's Avatar

YES
    * Why? So i can learn more about Jesus and come closer to him and hang with friends
    * How often do you go? Every Saturday (I'm a Seventh Day Adventist)
    * When was the last time you went? Last Saturday
    * Do you believe a person should go church/temple in order to get to Heaven? No not really its good though
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Treize's Avatar

Do you go to church/temple?

Yes.

Why?

I usually feel better about myself and about my faith after I go to mass. It's also nice to see a lot of the members in the community at mass. I get to see people there that I wouldn't normally see. I feel like a lot of the time I'm not really there for the God aspect of it as much as one would think.

How often do you go?

I usually go once a week. When I was in grade/middle school I was in a parochial school, and I would go 2-3 times a week, but nowadays that seems a little too much for me.

This morning.

I do not believe it is necessary. I just believe that people can go to church in order to deepen their faith. I believe that the Church can provide moral support and help increase someone's faith in God.

I would think that someone who has a good relationship with God would want to go to mass, though. The people who say they are religious, but don't go to mass kind of confuse me. If you really have a good relationship with God, you should want to go to mass...

I believe that people who don't even share my faith could go to Heaven, though. So mass isn't a requirement. Just lead a good life, and you should be fine. I don't think I would like to believe in a God that sends the vast majority of the world to Hell just because they weren't raised in a part of the world that worships him, even if they are good people.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

I will finish the hunt Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

* Why?
    Mostly for the positive atmosphere, and though I grew up without it I want my son to be exposed enough to make an educated decision. I myself wish I could believe all the stories.

* How often do you go?
    Few times a year, but Im trying to go 1-2 a month at least

* When was the last time you went?
    A couple weeks ago

* Do you believe a person should go church/temple in order to get to Heaven?
    No, but it sure would be nice
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Treize's Avatar

Oh, I forgot, but I also wanted to say that I sometimes feel uncomfortable in some churches because they are just too fancy and expensive looking. I feel that so much of that money could have been given to charity or used for something better. I think church should be about becoming closer to God, not looking at expensive artwork, gold, and such.

It almost makes me sad when I see such expensive looking basilicas. I think I would feel uncomfortable going to a place like that every week.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

The Mad God Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I don't

Why not?
    I'm currently somewhere between athiest and agnostic. I'm not completely against the existance of the divine, since there's no solid evidence that they do NOT exist. Simply no evidence that they do. Generally I take a more athiest approach to understanding the universe. I base my beliefs on what I know, and what evidence supports; but don't shoot down the posibilities of the unknown.

All the time when I was younger. Back then I WAS Christian, simply because I was too young to understand the universe without somebody explaining it to me, and religion was the first explanation I recieved. I never liked churches much. At least not at that age, because the sermon was never relevant to anything a child would need to deal with. I was also forced to go to a christian elementary school until I got myself kicked out for asking too many questions <.<

Eh, not really. But, like with divinity itself, I can't say it DOESN'T exist for certain. But, based on my current system of beliefs, I have to say there's no such place. From what I was taught in elementary and chruches back when i had to go, I don't believe the church is nescessary to enter heaven. Just faith. So I'd better hope my beliefs are right, or I'm boned =D
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I'm DYING to see you! Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I don't go to church.

Why not?

I guess I have an open mind to theories and peoples religions but I'm just not convinced. I just described agnosticism, didn't I? Well, I'm in a catholic school but that is only because of complications with where I was going. I don't dismiss religion and if I did believe in God or some higher entity, I guess I still wouldn't go to church anyway. One: it's just too depressing. Two: I'm just a lazy person. Three: I don't believe that churches are any different to praying at home to be honest. I understand that it's a holy place but still.

Yeah, I have. I had to go with school when I was moving into Year 10. It was a pretty dull experience with hymns that I refused to sing and when holy communion came, I crossed my arms to show that I didn't want that "bread"... Yeah, I didn't really enjoy it but really, how can you enjoy a place which funerals and depressing stories in the Bible occur. I sound like I have no idea what I'm on about but that's what I believe

I'd love to be able to say I do. You need some reassurance when a loved one dies and I'd love to know that a person is being treated well and moves on when they die but I don't. I know. It's kind of being told that Santa doesn't exist. Your heart sinks at first but you accept it and move it. I suppose people crave that reassurance though and even if they aren't Christian, they need to know that they can rest easy after a love one dies. I'm just not one of those people. I accept that they're gone and that's that. If I find out there is a Heaven, feel free to send me negative rep.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

From the ruins of Zanarkand Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Yuna's Avatar

The answer is...No. I'm not a religious girl, I'm an atheist for sure. I was raised in a house where my mum is a follower of Christian religion and a father who is a pragmatic man. I was baptized, I followed cathechism for years...and now, NO, I don't like to go to church or follow anything.

That's because I don't believe in god or special forces, then following a celebration will be a waste of my time. Even if my mother is a praticant, she left me a free choice to follow the religion or not, so to do the same thing for the church.

I don't believe neither in Hell or Heaven...I don't know what people could find after death, but I'm not interested in something like that. I just consider the fact of living my real life, following my head and my heart, deciding what is good and what is not, and trying to live with people in a good way

Registered User Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? Diyala's Avatar

I am a Muslim which means the place where muslims do prayers is called mosque . Yes I do worship my lord (Allah) by prayers , my religion forms my entire life style and without it my life would be painfuly meaningless
    Last edited by Diyala; 06-09-2010 at 03:57 PM.

forever alone in hell Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well it use to be a yes but its a no know
    When I was younger I when to church every sunday...with my freinds..but know I don't realy care..I don't bealive in him realy bit I'm not shure..
    ...So I'm not realy a church person anymore..

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

I'm DYING to see you! Do you go to church/temple? Why/Why not? ViviMasterMage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by final fantacy_tifa View Post
    ..I don't bealive in him realy bit I'm not shure..
    ...So I'm not realy a church person anymore..
    I always found this interesting how people have a picture in their head of a man with a white beard. It could be a woman or nothing at all. It could be a voice, just a higher entity with no physical form. It could anything at all. I don't think it's right to think the "God" is a man. People's imaginations are really limited sometimes.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast