Thread: Do you ever troll in real life?

Blog Entries

Do you ever troll in real life?

Like, have you ever done something trollish or misleading to someone in real life? Was it awesome, or did you feel like a ****?

One time, my sister was trying to figure out how the DVD player worked. I told her that the button with the triangle and the line underneath it was the play button... and she believed me. She ejected the DVD and was like "Whaaah?" And I was like "lol." And then I was like "problem?" (Not really.) I enjoyed myself that time. Can't think of anything else like that I've done, though, although I act a lot of times like I don't know what someone is talking about when I actually do, and they figure it out after like third or fourth ridiculous question that I ask them. And then I laugh. I do this to my mom a lot, and she just sighs and smiles wryly at me.

I don't really know if that would be considered trolling so much as just plain teasing, though, any of it. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Gingersnap Do you ever troll in real life? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you ever troll in real life?

Hahaha I was actually thinking about this last night. Because yes, I do.

I say shit I don't mean constantly, just to see a reaction (but I would never do that here).

The reason I was thinking about it is I was at a bar and this big ol' guy was dancing around and yelling... and I thought it was funny. So I said, "OH YEAH!" and raised my beer, which prompted him to respond with "WOOOO" with the horns thrown up... (that)... which made me say, "AWESOME!" and wave horns in the air as well. And then he pointed at me and was headbanging or something... so I pointed back. And I laughed, but in a "wow, that's funny" way and not so much a "wow you ****ing suck" way.... they're different.

I was sort of making fun of this poor drunk guy... but he had no idea, so no harm done, right?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Memento Rhapso Do you ever troll in real life? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have been trolled several times by coworkers ("Nah man, that's way too much salad, put some back." *customer rage*) which of course prompts me to troll people all the damn time at home or elsewhere (does facebook count?)
    Like once I convinced some kid at school that a homosapien was a gay guy with wings. Needless to say he was throroughly confused in Biology later that day

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

#LOCKE4GOD Do you ever troll in real life? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It wasn't textbook trolling, but when I was attempting to get my old iPod repaired, I contacted a few businesses via email to see if they would repair my out of warranty device, for how much, etc.

All the places bar one refused. However one guy working for a place called iRepair said that he would repair my iPod by replacing it with a new one, at my expense.

I thought it was really funny (they seriously call it the "whole unit exchange repair method") so I decided to humor myself by getting into an exchange with the person, not an as an irate customer, but as a sarcastic asshole. We emailed eachother ten times, and he only stopped when I accused him of extortion and suggested he change the name of the business.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Do you ever troll in real life? Polk's Avatar

I spend most of my spare time hiding under bridges and quizzing travelers.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Bananarama Do you ever troll in real life? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm an upstanding citizen and I report any and all acts of douchebaggery to the local authorities, where it is dealt with in a swift and just manner.

Then again, most of the time, I bust everyone's balls, mostly with sarcasm and witty remarks. Every now and then I'll just do something wildly inappropriate, like yell "Grape Drank!" in a crowded McDonalds... full of black people.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I usually just save it for the assholes you occasionally deal with as a security guard, and there are a lot of other guards here that'll do the same thing. It serves two purposes really, firstly it gives us some laughs and secondly it cures boredom on boring shifts - we all have funny little stories to swap.

Some of the events have given a few people laughs via facebook as well as I'll occasionally post one when there's no guards or anyone to chat to.
    victoria aut mors

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar

Sometimes when I meet a random stranger, I make up this really elaborate story about how I'm a microbiologist and I do tests on monkeys because there's a top secret scheme going on to use monkey cells on humans and vice versa to create genomes and stuff.

I do less whacky stuff sometimes, like for example, theres this girl I know with bright blue hair and I used to go around with her, and when we used to go to pubs and somebody would come and talk to us, I'd be telling everybody it was her real hair colour... the sad thing was, some people actually believed us and some of those people were sober...

I'm not cold or nasty to people though. I'm pretty quiet and observant and I'm only a bitch if somebody pisses me off. I'm not shy, though, which works against me sometimes.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I do. It's never something huge though. When my nan got back from Australia, she wanted me to help her with her television in her room - she'd forgotten how to use it with the freeview box. When finished, I told her "No matter how many people in the television tell you to, never push the red button on the remote - the tv will self destruct!"

She believed me for a second or two. Shoulda seen her face.

I did something similar to my dad and my brother a few days ago, but I don't remember what.

But yeah, trolling is funnier in real life because you can tell when someone is pulling your leg. Online, it just makes you out to be an asshole, but some people like that.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death Before Dishonor Do you ever troll in real life? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I often taunt my coworkers, calling em' pussies or something of the nature.

Other than that I can't really think of anything that I do. I try to keep everything as legit as possible

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!