Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Men Can Be Dumb Too !!

I will finish the hunt Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Men Can Be Dumb Too !!

This is probably a well known fact.......men don't know what women want. However, there is a certain bit of common sense that should have been developed enough to understand what you DEFINITELY should not say.

I walking in the mall yesterday when the soap guy pulls me aside. Keep in mind his main thing is to sell soaps. Out of nowhere he asks me what I do to keep my acne in check.
    First off don't ever mention a chicks acne !!!!
    I explained to him that it is only due to the pregnancy, and there is really nothing I can do but wash my face. There is no getting rid of pregnancy acne.
    He continues on as if I was lying to him. Finally I just walked away. As if I didn't feel horrible enough to be 164 pounds and swollen.....he has to go and remind me I have horribl acne as well.

WTF !?!

Anyone have a like wise story? Could be about customer service in general, or a dumb man story.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Shake it like a polaroid picture Men Can Be Dumb Too !! RagnaToad's Avatar
    Haha. Sales people are fuckers in general.

Either their compliments are way too obvious, or they're just stupid.

Women are impossible to figure out, unless you want to go and talk about stereotypes. But yeah, some men are totally ignorant in terms of treating a woman.

Are you still pregnant? Cause if so, he'd be a pretty dumb fucker to not see the connection?
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-27-2009 at 10:07 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries
    not just pregnant.....9 months pregnant ! It's kind of hard to hide at this point lol. Especially when the rest of me is skinny as heck despite my middle. Dummy sales people >>. I don't think men are dumb....that's not what I meant BTW. I do find humor in the little faux pas of men and women interaction though.

Lady Succubus Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For one, I don't see how the salesman is dumb, and I don't see how it's rude to ask someone how they take care of their acne.

He's just trying to start up small talk to get you to buy whatever he's selling.
    I don't think "dumb" is the right word to use. Maybe "slow" or...something to that effect, but not dumb.

Besides. It's just acne... why bitch over it? It'll go away eventually.

Also, this is something that has irked me for ages.

I hate those types of girls who bitch about when guys ask certain questions. If you don't get upset when a woman asks these questions, why get upset when a guy asks? Questions are questions, regardless of gender, so what's the difference? It just pisses me off.

I can't stress it enough. A question is a question. Instead of bitching and moaning; just answer the damn thing and move on with your life. It's quicker to answer it and move on, rather than make a big scene over something trivial.
    Last edited by Victoria; 08-27-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Govinda
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    For one, I don't see how the salesman is dumb, and I don't see how it's rude to ask someone how they take care of their acne.

He's just trying to start up small talk to get you to buy whatever he's selling.
    I don't think "dumb" is the right word to use. Maybe "slow" or...something to that effect, but not dumb.

IMO I think you're just PMSing a little bit.

I wouldn't say it's dumb either; rude is the word I'd use. It's common knowlegde that pregnant women feel more self-conscious, so why stop one and ask 'Hey, your skin looks a little crappy today, what are you doing about it?' It's just not nice.

Well bigger people can go work out any time. So a salesman could just tell someone 'How did you get so fat?'.

I wouldn't mind if I were big. I'd have chosen to be big, obviously. But I wouldn't be interested in what the guy was selling that much anymore.

I get what you're saying, Sheena. And maybe Cheesevixen should have stated it more as 'Salesmen are stupid (or rather slow)'.

@ Cheese: Isn't it quite normal to get acne during pregnancy?

Anyway, it is indeed not really offending, but it's not good marketing.

Gingersnap Men Can Be Dumb Too !! OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In a society where women are supposed to be clear-skinned, thin, and beautiful... getting called out for zits from a stranger is very unpleasant. Having them is bad enough. So I can see why she'd be upset.

But I don't think it was a man thing. I think it was an insensitive thing.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 08-27-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Haha, goddamnit, Sheena
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Synthesized Ascension Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Zardoch's Avatar
    Ah, right. The whole, "There are things men can't criticize women about, but we could criticize men about the same things and no one would care" idea. Yeah, what a horrible guy for trying to do his job?! Especially in a mall no less where employees are treated like trash because almost everyone shopping wants to be treated like they're a freaking god.

The guy is selling soap. You happened to have acne. What do you think cures acne? Compliments? Chocolate cocks that jizz money? Yeah, you might not think men are dumb, but you're sure letting your hormones get the better of you. And no, I don't care if you're pregnant either.
    Last edited by Zardoch; 08-27-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    so he has the right to ask me why my face looks like that, but I can't get angry when he keep digging at it as if I am liar? He asked the question, I answered. However, my answer was apparently not good enough. Apparently I was supposed to reply with, "Oh I am so hideous ! Please peddle me your wear Mr. manly man. " Ugh women with no self esteem irk me ! LMAO XD Sorry I am not some little girl too afraid to ask where a man gets off picking out pimple faced preggers in a crowd to make an extra 5 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Griffith View Post
    What do you think cures acne? Chocolate cocks that jizz money?
    Yes.

Blog Entries
    I sure hope that's the case. My acne would be cleared up in an instant ! Although I don't know how money on my face would help, but I could definitely use the extra cash.

Synthesized Ascension Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Zardoch's Avatar
    I know, Ragna. Where do you think I got the idea?

And so what cheesypie? I didn't say anything about saying it was wrong for you to respond to the guy in such a way. I was simply pointing out that tiny little wincy double standard when it comes to such attitudes of "Gender A can't be criticized, though Gender B can without consequences."

Here's a lolcat I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesevixen View Post
    I sure hope that's the case. My acne would be cleared up in an instant ! Although I don't know how money on my face would help, but I could definitely use the extra cash.
    Your putting images in my head of which I'm not sure if I should welcome or ignore them.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Griffith View Post

And so what cheesypie? I didn't say anything about saying it was wrong for you to respond to the guy in such a way. I was simply pointing out that tiny little wincy double standard when it comes to such attitudes of "Gender A can't be criticized, though Gender B can without consequences."

double standard? since when did I introduce a double standard? I said that men can be dumb "too" meaning "as well". Meaning they can be dumb as well as the opposite sex. It's in the title. LMAO I can see if I had posted.....men are dumb...how that could be seen as a double standard, but that's not the case is it?

And my response to the guy was, " I only really have acne because of the heightened hormones in my body, so using things to dry my face are all I can really do, but seeing as I am having my baby Monday I won't have to worry about it after, lol." I don't get how that was a negative response? Now you're just assuming I went and bitched at him. Nope.

cheesypie...that's freakin adorable. XD

oh and ms; I generally love your posts, but RAWR!!!! lol I find it ironic how you get so ballsy over a post.....and in said post talk about how women get too ballsy towards men. LMAO Let me tell you...I was WAAAAY calmer about the sales guy than you are about a simple post. chill
    Last edited by Cheesevixen; 08-27-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesevixen View Post
    This is probably a well known fact.......men don't know what women want. However, there is a certain bit of common sense that should have been developed enough to understand what you DEFINITELY should not say.

I walking in the mall yesterday when the soap guy pulls me aside. Keep in mind his main thing is to sell soaps. Out of nowhere he asks me what I do to keep my acne in check.
    First off don't ever mention a chicks acne !!!!
    I explained to him that it is only due to the pregnancy, and there is really nothing I can do but wash my face. There is no getting rid of pregnancy acne.
    He continues on as if I was lying to him. Finally I just walked away. As if I didn't feel horrible enough to be 164 pounds and swollen.....he has to go and remind me I have horribl acne as well.

WTF !?!

Anyone have a like wise story? Could be about customer service in general, or a dumb man story.
    Men do know what women want. It's just a matter of whether or not the man is feeling generous enough to take time out of his day to put some extra bullshit emotions into his speech when talking to women. Because every woman's brain is so fragile that the littlest thing can piss them off. Especially a pregnant one. In fact, I bet he spoke to you that way because he was tired of being extra nice to pissy women that came in his store all day.

jk
    Last edited by Che; 08-27-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    wrong again. I was throwing something away in the trash when HE stepped away from his kiosk and approached ME. Nice try though XD Again; how was I pissy? Don't get that part. I didn't know so many people on this thread sat around singing kumbaya all day. Nice And men admitted say they don't get women. If ya don't want us to think that than don't say it.

Girl innocently walking in mall hallway goes to throw something away
    gets bombarded by a sales guy with a rude question
    she tries to be nice
    he doesn't get it
    I walk away

Hmm....doesn't sound like I was pissy at all >> sounds like I was just walkin' around
    Last edited by Cheesevixen; 08-27-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Bananarama Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I'm gonna take a stab at this.

No matter how busted a girl might be, she doesn't want to hear it from any dude. Now, cheesy, you are one hot mama (both literally and figuratively), and I am not calling you busted at all, but it's kinda common sense. I mean people tend to get self conscious over their appearances, and if someone points out something that isn't "normal" on that person, such as her acne, I can see her getting annoyed about it. It's something not normally there, and for the dude to call her out on how she's dealing with it is kind of a **** move. I know he's trying to get sales, but calling someone a liar is pretty offensive.

I'm also gonna say that Che and Cheesy are both right.

Women generally have a tendency to not say what pisses them off and let it all build up. It's kind of like filling up a bucket with rage. You can fill the bucket up gallons at a time, and nothing will happen, but as soon as you start using the eyedropper to fill that bucket, and it overflows, you can bet you'll never hear the end of it for that tiny little thing.

I shit you not, one time I forgot to turn my shampoo bottle upside down while it was almost empty and my ex got out of the shower, stark naked and thew it at me and started screaming.

And I suppose us guys could pay attention to things more, and not ask the dumb, obvious questions. Like, if she's got a pimple... it's just not there, no matter how big it is. And she's always looks good in every dress she tries on, unless you're gonna be really late; then you decide she looks like a hooker in one, and not the other.

But at the same time, we shouldn't need to have photographic memories of what shirt was worn on what date, or remembering a story about a friend's ex's cousin or some such bullshit. Anniversaries, birthdays, basics, yes. The breed and name of her dog from 15 years ago, not so much.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-27-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I would like to remove any doubt and state, for the record, that I indeed know how to treat a woman.

You can read it as you like.

Che
    Wow. Hahah. I reread your post and got something completely different about it. I woke up late today and hungover and I must have been in a different state of mind. I'm sorry I was so rude.

If I were you I would have told that guy to go fuck himself.

Lady Succubus Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'd like to say the same thing as well. I guess you weren't as clear as what exactly happened, but if all that happened, then yeah, I agree with Che and that he should go **** himself.

Bad bad bad marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    If I were you I would have told that guy to go fuck himself.
    I can't agree with this more. For me in general, I hate when people point out obvious things like that, as if I wouldn't know already. weather they are male OR female.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash View Post
    weather they are male OR female.
    From what I can tell, the weather today has no gender.

Bad bad bad marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    It's not good marketing.
    Way ahead o-ya.

Yeah, I wouldn't be offended by it, but I'd be surprised. Like 'Is this guy trying to sell me something or trying to get punched in the face?'.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    From what I can tell, the weather today has no gender.
    whoops!

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

the mysterious Men Can Be Dumb Too !! gothdra's Avatar

Also, this is something that has irked me for ages.

I hate those types of girls who bitch about when guys ask certain questions. If you don't get upset when a woman asks these questions, why get upset when a guy asks? Questions are questions, regardless of gender, so what's the difference? It just pisses me off.

I can't stress it enough. A question is a question. Instead of bitching and moaning; just answer the damn thing and move on with your life. It's quicker to answer it and move on, rather than make a big scene over something trivial.
    I agree with you. life is too short to be upset for the smallest things
    Nobody is perfect...That is of course until you fall in love with them...

The joke is far too true Men Can Be Dumb Too !! loner-kid's Avatar
    That store clerk was an ass, it irritates me that people assume that you have spots because you have a bad sense of hygene. As a messanger from the bespottled community I can say with the certainty of one who knows far more than he'd like to about this that soap does jack shit to acne. It's all down to the blockage and enlargement of follicles that is usually triggered by hormonal changes in the body, yes washing away oil on the surface of the skin may help to aliavate the blockage but if you are producing spots it will make little to no difference at all. The same goes for the variety of anti spot creams and wipes on the market, about the only affect they ever really have is making the spots a little less raw and that's only temporary. The only way to actually get rid of spots is to take tablets such as oxytetracycline. End mini rant

Yeah but seriously, damn heckling store employees.

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Born Again Atheist Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Sarah's Avatar
    Kiosk people tend to be like that in my experiences- overbearing and inconsiderate. It's the worst around Christmas. When you feel that sliminess of being around too many people for way too long and want to head home, here comes a kiosk sales person to badger you until you either buy something, walk away, or scream at them.

Don't let it get to you (it seems like you aren't). I hope things go well on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by loner-kid View Post
    The only way to actually get rid of spots is to take tablets such as oxytetracycline.
    Isn't that a rather bad decision? Antibiotics should be reserved infections. Hormones are really what need to be dealt with. The longest antibiotics should be used is a week or two while you wait for the other acne medication to start working and straightening out your hormone levels.

Using antibiotics excessively can lead to the antibiotics being less effective due to forcing only the strongest bacteria to survive. It also can be hell on your digestive system. Food doesn't get digested by mechanical means alone. Kill off some gut flora, and you're going to be uncomfortable for a while. Antibiotic use for acne also increases the chance for fungal folliculitis. From what I've read, it looks like acne but feels like mosquito bites.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I'm just as annoyed as you are with the misinformation about acne. Not all acne is cosmetic acne.
    Last edited by Sarah; 09-03-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    Why the hell is everyone's sig so long? Be polite and use a freakin' spoiler tag!:
    Bring back Pete for S-Mod!
    Down with Word Games! Eradicate post counts! One liners are valid responses, too!

The joke is far too true Men Can Be Dumb Too !! loner-kid's Avatar
    Sarah I'm not suggesting that you take antibiotics to get rid of one or two spots, I was just pointing out that antibiotics are the only way to actually get rid of acne. For example I have hereditory acne and I take tablets to combat that, if I didn't take the tablets i'd be looking at a bespottled face for the next 30 years as well as some scaring in badly affected areas. You also over estimate the potency of antibiotics, oxytetracycline is not by any means going to disrupt the bacterium in my digestive system and it can and should, if you want it to be effective, be taken for a time period far exceeding 2 weeks.

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Registered User Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Sarin's Avatar
    Sorry if my post doesnt relate to recent ones i didnt feel like reading them all just the first one but i agree even though im a dude but us manly men XD can be dumb at times ive caught myself having a dumb thought or talking dumb to a chick. and yea ive said the wrong thing a lot.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31681&dateline=125186  3051

Registered User Men Can Be Dumb Too !! TobiasRainey's Avatar
    Just to put in my opinion, some guys are very awkward and know it and some don't know it, maybe this doosh bag salesman was one of those guys.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Registered User Men Can Be Dumb Too !! Sarin's Avatar
    i hate when sales people come to my door and try to get me into another religon or sell me some type of useless stuff. but telemarketers on the other hand, i love them i get to mess with them on the phone.

But yea i know a lot of people that are "doosh bags" and dont know till someone tells them and beats them into the ground.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31681&dateline=125186  3051

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast