Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • She knew it was going to be a poll.

1 5.56%
  • She had NO IDEA.

1 5.56%
  • She stalks you, che, clearly.

7 38.89%
  • I bet Telegraph doesn't even sent a FAX.

9 50.00%

Thread: .do it.

Blog Entries

.do it.

So pretend I'm this totally super fabulously sexy dope person that's about to hire you for a job (you can pretend whatever job you want, idgaf) that you really want. You've done the interview already, so you're past the shitty part and you just have one question to answer.

If I gave you a 100lb box of legos, could you construct the Escher impossible staircase? Why or why not?

FOR YOU NOOBS
    M. C. Escher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Bad Boy of TFF .do it. Block's Avatar

Re: .do it.

I would make you the stairs and then lead you up them so we could have impossibly good Escher sex at the top of the infinite stair case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

I do what you can't. .do it. Sasquatch's Avatar

I wonder how freaky Escher sex would be ...

And I have to admit that I'm jealous. Of the poll results thus far AND of Block's proposal, naturally.

But yeah, I could make that. I think I did once, in a tech class in seventh grade. (The teacher was a moron, because he liked to argue everything -- until I pointed out that he was a 20-something year old arguing religion with a seventh-grader. And he was still wrong.) Of course, it would only "work" if it was viewed from a certain angle, but still, it worked.

What is this, an interview for Ikea?

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    I would make you the stairs and then lead you up them so we could have impossibly good Escher sex at the top of the infinite stair case.

Rofl@"interview for Ikea?" hahahah

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! .do it. Tallulah's Avatar

YouTube - MC Escher Rap Going up the sideway stairs family guy22.flv

I had no idea the artist's real name was MC Escher...

EDIT: Now for my real answer - Never tried to recreate one of the staircase in any way shape or form but our Maths classrooms at school all had at least one of the posters in there. Our school was that intellectual... for a state comprehensive, anyway.
    Last edited by Tallulah; 05-06-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post

If I gave you a 100lb box of legos, could you construct the Escher impossible staircase? Why or why not?

Yes. Because fuck physics.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

The Bad Boy of TFF .do it. Block's Avatar

If MC Escher were tripping balls on acid (or even just mushrooms) and did a painting of some stairs do you think it would just be a regular painting of some stairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.