View Poll Results: Do you Beleive this is really going to happen?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 20.00%
  • no, but i do beleive its possible.

6 40.00%
  • i honestly dont care

3 20.00%
  • i think they are pulling your legs!

3 20.00%

Thread: Dinosaurs will walk the earth again!

Boredness rules us all Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Midnight Panda's Avatar

Dinosaurs will walk the earth again!

I was going through the mail and i noticed we had gotten the new issue for Maclean's. And i noticed the front cover read Bringing dinosaures back to life. i was all like pfff yeah right. so i started to read that part of the magazine. The thing that shocked me most was that by changing a line in the dna of a chicken egg scientists can turn the chicken into a dinosaur. Of course the dinosaur will not be anything larger than a turkey. The scientist that has found this out was also a scientist working on the movie of jurassic park. the scientist hope that one day they will be able to make them the size of an emu. If you beleive this post it. If you do not beleive it post it. Post your thoughts. This can be an open discussion. Here is the front cover.

Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Che
    Apparently that scientist only worked on the movie Jurassic Park, he didn't watch it. If he saw the end of the movie he might think twice about his line of work.

Boredness rules us all Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Midnight Panda's Avatar
    ya i agree. but it might happen

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Xanatos's Avatar
    The technology is rapidly improving so who knows, it might be possible. It would be cool to have a tiny T-Rex as a pet.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Protecter of the Crystals Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! rydia123's Avatar
    idk

that doesnt sound good......

a fast way to be killed. hahah
    soon we all will be hiding under the sink
    hoping the dinosaurs dont hear you weeping
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Master of the Shadow Key Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    As long as I get my Velociraptor, I don't care what they do with newly-revived dinos, as long as they don't get bigger than a hadrosaur.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Govinda
    What's the point in that? Scientists should be doing useful things. Dinosaurs had their time, and then died. Cancer patients are still living.

Tsuna Feesh Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Fate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post
    What's the point in that? Scientists should be doing useful things. Dinosaurs had their time, and then died. Cancer patients are still living.
    That's the best point I've heard.

I don't much for dinosaurs. But as long as they don't become top of the food chain again and decide to eat human, it's nice. If they're like pets, why not? But not the ones with sharp claws and teeth; they'd be a bad idea. While they're at it, they might as well try to make some new dodos, too. I want a pet dodo.
    Last edited by Fate; 08-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Shake it like a polaroid picture Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Apparently that scientist only worked on the movie Jurassic Park, he didn't watch it. If he saw the end of the movie he might think twice about his line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think there's a shortage of scientists. Who are we to decide that they have to focus on other stuff. Artists can use their skills for whatever postmodern shit they feel like making, so scientists should be granted the same freedom.

@ Needwork: Why is there no option saying just 'No'?

I don't believe real dinosaurs can be 'created' by simply altering some DNA in a (wut?) chicken egg, let alone that they would walk the earth again. But who knows, science is science.

YEAH! Science! Hurry up already! fuck a car, I wanna ride around on a T-Rex allowing him to feast on civilians as he pleases, smashing through small buildings for the giggles...

Or we could put them in a cage, whatever! It wont happen in our life time though, that much i can predict

Shake it like a polaroid picture Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! RagnaToad's Avatar
    I heard this guy called 'Steven Spielberg' is supervising the project.

Apparently, he's got some good ideas...

I invented Go-Gurt. Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Clint's Avatar
    It sounds like scientists are literally taking a page out of a Michael Crichton novel. What they fail to realize, though, is the meaning of the term science fiction.

Blog Entries
    I've heard of this before. I don't know if the theory has been further developed or tested, though; it doesn't sound like it. Dinosaurs are cool. My favorite dinosaur is Yoshi. He eats things, and they become eggs. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Govinda
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post

I get what you're saying, but I don't think there's a shortage of scientists. Who are we to decide that they have to focus on other stuff. Artists can use their skills for whatever postmodern shit they feel like making, so scientists should be granted the same freedom.
    I see what you mean, but no matter what they do, Tracy Emin and Damian Hirst are never going to do anything useful. They don't have skills, and are thus granted the freedom to be utterly useless and waste the money of the rich. I'm not saying remove the freedom of scientists to do whatever they please; but dudes, come on. They've seen Jurassic Park. They're clearly out to kill us.

Haha.

I'm telling you, people never learn. As long as they keep those dinosaurs on an isolated island, I don't care though.

None of them can fly. Although we might have to stay out of the water, in case they make those swimming dinosaurs.

And, for the record, this is one of the most idiotic hypothetical things I've actually thought through.

And all for your entertainment, folks!

I'm sure there are scientist still working on more important things, but why dinosaurs? Why do they always have to pick dangerous subjects to play around with? It's like it's not worth studying or experimenting with if there's no possibility that they'll get hurt in the process. Dinosaurs are scary, and I'd prefer if they didn't come back. Even one the size of a turkey's going to have sharp little toothies.

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    I want a Stegosaurus! ^^ I would totally take him to school with me. ^^ I would probably name him...Maurice. =/
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

Asking all the personal questions. Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Technically they still do, you have crocodiles, alligators, caimen and lizards like the komodo dragons they are the last remenants of the dinosaurs, i may have heard vaguely that they may have been trying to extract dna from bones or fossils and insert the dna into eggs of lizards etc etc pfft give it up isay don't even waste money on it we are the top of the food chain now and introducing dinosaurs might disrupt the ecological balance bring them back and that might be upset.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Bananarama Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Guys, you're all totally missing the best thing about this possibility. We are on the verge of opening up a whole new world of things to kill and eat... again! **** deer antlers, or a moose, I wanna bag me a raptor head to mount on my wall.

On top of that, I can live out my Fred Flintstone fantasy and have a Bronto burger! Or I could order a rack of ribs so large it puts my car up on its side! All I'd need after that is a hot redhead, and I'd be set for life. Ally, I'm looking at you for this one.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-19-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Yesha's Avatar
    I don't reaLLy Like the idea of bringing Dinosaurs back to Life, especiaLLy if they wiLL be as Large as a big tree or more than the size of an eLephant.. they wouLdn't fit in forest aLso, as they'LL eat everything in sight especiaLLy carnivorous dinosaur.. Like T-rex and basicaLLy they are wiLd than a Lion.. so it'LL be hard to take care of them.. but who knows maybe they can come up with a Lesser threat dinosaur..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Gingersnap Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    All I'd need after that is a hot redhead, and I'd be set for life. Ally, I'm looking at you for this one.
    Awww, that is SO sweet.

So would I be Wilma or Pebbles in this scenario?

Um... well... I think dinosaurs are pretty cool (really cool)... but partly because they lived over 65 MILLION years ago, and that kind of blows my mind. If they did come up with a chicken egg dinosaur (wtf), I'm not sure I'd support pet dinosaurs any more than I support pet anacondas or wolves or leopards or.... pit bulls. We've domesticated dogs and cats, so we should go ahead and do right by them, but the rest of the animal kingdom does just fine without us.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! Polk's Avatar
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

im looking farther than the dinos! we could Clone ourselves or ressurect dead family members!

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Blog Entries
    Except that they have laws against fiddling with human clones, as far as I know.

They had programs on the History channel about that story months ago, which I watched. Some pretty cool stuff going on there. I don't think it's as much about making dinosaurs live again, though. What better way to understand how evolution really works than by reverse engineering it? It would be a huge deal for genetics, I'm sure.

Maybe one day there will be a black market for genetic modification. =P If scientists can give chickens teeth and longer tails at this early stage in the game, what could they give us in the future if evolution's workings were fully understood?

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Not only would history take a U-turn, philosophy would change dramatically.

What came first, the dinosaur or the chickenegg?

the mysterious Dinosaurs will walk the earth again! gothdra's Avatar
    I guess it would be possible with the improving technology we have today.
    as long as they stay small and gentle, and not some gigantic killer machine I`ll be fine with it

i did not know they had laws for that? :S lol well aslong as i dont get cloned im fine! but yeah like we would be able to choose how our children look and our ancesters and stuff.

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA