Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An afternoon...

The Bad Boy of TFF An afternoon... Block's Avatar

An afternoon...

Remember when you were eight years old? You came home from school on the bus, and got home and it was time for cartoons. There was Animaniacs, Doug, Power Rangers, and the list goes on. Maybe you came home and played a game instead, but the point is you got home from school for the day and did whatever you wanted. What was that? What was your "the good ole days" activity for relaxing?

I personally would watch Doug and Ren & Stimpy then play Secret of Mana.

Re: An afternoon...

I was cool, I walked home. And I left right away, being at home sucked, outside was better.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I'd get home, toss my sack thing on the sofa, and turn on the TV to watch the afternoon showings of Pokemon and Digimon back when Fox and the WB did that. Then I'd eat an egg or whatever random fruit my grandma would have cut for me, and walked with them to the park to play until it got dark. And after that, I'd watch more TV. XD

When my grandparents left though, I just spent my afternoons at day cares. There, I'd usually do homework first thing, then go to the playground and destroy the other kids at four square. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxasnerdgirl View Post
    and destroy the other kids at four square. 8)
    OMG YES! I completely forgot about 4-square! That game is so ****ing boss!

Registered User An afternoon...

Man, I'm jealous of you guys that got to watch television after school. Once me and my brothers got home, it was "get your homework done as soon as possible!"

Even when we did get our homework finished, we weren't allowed to watch tv or play video games. Most of the time, we had to read or do housework. Oh yeah, there were exceptions, like if there was no school that day, it was fine to watch tv or whatever, and the weekends were fine to do whatever we wanted too, as long as there wasn't any chores to do.

Also, I lived out in the country, and my closest neighbors were miles away from where we lived, and they didn't have any kids to play with, so I basically had to keep myself entertained. That's probably why I played video games so much when I could.

Man, I just totally bummed myself out. Thank God now that I'm an adult, I do whatever I want to, which apparently involves a whole lot of nothing.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I invented Go-Gurt. An afternoon... Clint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roxasnerdgirl View Post
    I'd get home, toss my sack thing on the sofa,
    I had elephantiasis, so I'd have to do that exact same thing.

Che

When I was eight I *think* I would walk home and watch the Flintstones. I must have seen every episode, I loved that show.

I also remember a particular weekend in spring where I had my window open, it was like 60 degrees out and not humid, and I had just hooked my PS2 up to my stereo for the first time and was playing FFVIII. The sun was shining, and it was just so relaxing.

Oh how I miss the sun.

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES An afternoon... Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

i would never watch tv when i was little we always watched spheres it was fun

Death Before Dishonor An afternoon... Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ahh yes brings back memories. In elementary school I would get home, and throw all my shit wherever. I would run to the kitchen, and grab myself a little debbie banana nut muffin(best f*cking thung ever), and a glass of milk. My mom would sit me down, and make me do my homework. I was a pretty smart kid(don't know what the f*ck happened to me in middle school) so it got done quickly. Afterwards I would go outside, and play with my friends. We all would play basketball, and I would get my ass kicked. Around 5 would all run to my house to watch DBZ, Gundam Wing, and whatever else was on toonami.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Oh how I miss the sun.
    **** the sun

Bananarama An afternoon... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got driven home, or I'd take the train. After that, I'd have myself a snack and start plugging away at my homework. Then, depending on the day, I'd go to baseball practice, karate, or just watch tv.

Like Dodie, I wasn't allowed to play videogames unless there was no school or it was the weekend, thought I could watch TV as soon as I was done with my hw.

In college, those habits surprisingly stuck. I'd head to my dorm/ house, eat lunch, do my hw/ start my papers, go to work, eat dinner, and then work until people came over to drink. And then I'd get plastered.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In college, those habits surprisingly stuck. I'd head to my dorm/ house, eat lunch, do my hw/ start my papers, go to work, eat dinner, and then work until people came over to drink. And then I'd get plastered.
    That's a strange habit to have built at age 8... especially the getting plastered part, but who am I to judge?

Asking all the personal questions. An afternoon... RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

I tried to get as many random lifts from strangers as possibly @_@

No actually at that age we would be picked up and then when we got home we would usually have a snack and then go outside to play with my brothers usually soccer or on the trampoline.

As time went on though I waited for my little brother to catch the bus from his primary school to drop him off at my high school then we would walk or ride home and then we would watch beastwars or transformers I watched that show religously and what ever else was on at the time Aargh real monsters, Hey Arnold that sort of stuff, then we did our homework just before dinner.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Do the elements trust you? An afternoon... bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Man, I'm jealous of you guys that got to watch television after school. Once me and my brothers got home, it was "get your homework done as soon as possible!"

Even when we did get our homework finished, we weren't allowed to watch tv or play video games. Most of the time, we had to read or do housework. Oh yeah, there were exceptions, like if there was no school that day, it was fine to watch tv or whatever, and the weekends were fine to do whatever we wanted too, as long as there wasn't any chores to do
    I thought I was the only one I got a little bit more tv but was never allowed outside although the weekends=final fantasy which I would think about all week long, so I was only living for the weekends.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Bananarama An afternoon... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by genome's blade View Post
    was never allowed outside
    what the hell man? Did you live in like Compton or in one of Fluffy's fantasies as a child?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I always watched Channel 11 from the time I got home to the time I went to bed when I was younger. Channel 11 here is the WB. I remember the Batman/Superman hour, Buffy, Angel, whatever else the WB had on TV back then.

After I found MMOs, though, all I did was come home and play them.

I rarely, if ever, did my homework through middle/high school.

Air from my lungs. An afternoon... Violet's Avatar

Well, for my younger years(elementary-Middleschool), I'd come home, lie about doing my homework, then go play with my best friends next door. We played outside all the time.. those days were so fun D:. Aside from that, I would play video games a lot.. especially Suikoden or Final Fantasy 8. In Highschool, I'd come home.. and go take a nap. Then I'd do my homework later if I felt like it.

Blog Entries

Three words: "The Disney Afternoon." Back when I was first going to Kindergarten, that started up the same year. Those first few years, they had awesome shows, like Ducktales, Talespin, Chip N' Dale, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Aladdin... some of the later ones were pretty lame (Quack Pack, Bonkers) although Goof Troop was alright. Yeah, and there was also Batman: The Animated Series, and Tiny Toons. Animaniacs came later.

Don't get me wrong; I went outside and played a lot, too. There was a neighborhood kid I'd play with a lot. There was also probably video games. I also have a vague recollection of 6 to 8 still being time to play outside during the right times of the year. I wonder how often I did homework... probably not often. I was also the youngest and spoiled, and the only chore I had to do was occasionally pick up the apples in the back yard

Recently, I watched an old tape with Pokemon on it, back before the WB picked it up, with the old commercial spots and everything. Felt a wave of nostalgia. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Do the elements trust you? An afternoon... bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    what the hell man? Did you live in like Compton or in one of Fluffy's fantasies as a child?
    No I had really really overprotective parents
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth An afternoon... Xanatos's Avatar

Actually, I didn't care for cartoons that much, my primarily concern was how to finish my homework as fast as I could so I could play football (soccer) with my friends all day long. Besides, RTL II had a perfect schedule for a guy like me, they would air my favorite shows in the evening. It was nice to watch Dragoonball Z, Digimon, Tsubasa Chronicles every night with my brother and sister. I was also allowed to play games whenever I wanted as long as my grades were good, strangely enough I would play them mostly at weekends.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

My couch pulls out but I don't. An afternoon... midgetbob's Avatar

followed by some outside time

and ending with:

Last edited by midgetbob; 02-06-2010 at 09:37 AM.

I completely forgot about Duck Tales! That show rocked face!

Race cars, lasers, air-o-planes!

I wasn't allowed outside very much either, at least until around 9 or 10, because I had a heart murmur and my parents were worried about me getting my heart rate up to high.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to meet my brother at the school gate after school, and we'd walk home together. There was a small swing park in one of the block of flats we used to take a detour through on the way home, and play around in there for a while, especially since we weren't really allowed to play out further than our own block. Sometimes we were allowed to go over our friends place. They owned a sweet shop, and lived in a small apartment above it. Or, sometimes, my nan would take my brother to my mums friends house, and we used to hang out with her son, and play in his room.

When we got home, it was CBBC or Cartoon Network time until my nan's programs came on the television. Once we got the playstation, and our own television, we went up to our room to play video games. Honestly, I was more of a bookworm kid - I used to climb on to my top bunk, and read a book or do homework until it was my turn to play the playstation.

Other than video games, we made houses for Barbie and Actionman out of... everything. I turned a shelf into a mini apartment for them. When my Lara Croft doll came along, Barbie got mutilated. Bwahahahaha.

When we eventually started "playing out", we used to play football on the glassy area next to our flat. That got boring quickly, so we used to sneak off to the park for a while. When mum found out, she was pretty pissed, but knew that all we wanted to do was explore. That convinced her to get me a mobile phone, so she could keep track on us if we were out too late... or if we got in trouble.

Haha, and when we got Rolo (my dog), me and my brother used to take him out for walks for hours and hours on end. That never got boring. <3

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Most of the time, I would get home with my brother, and we would sit down and eat our lunchables:

If you never had a Lunchable as a kid, your life is incomplete. As for homework, I usually did it at night at the kitchen table, but I was never forced to to it right as I got home.

Just so you know, Hamburger Lunchables are the best. We used to watch everything on Nickalodeon back when it was still cool, it's garbage now Dexter's Lab, Ahhh Real Monsters, Doug, Ka Blam, Gumby, Angry Beavers, Cow and Chicken, Ren and Stimpy, Rocco's Modern life, Tales from the Crypt... with that freaky skeleton guy telling stories..yeah, there's more but you get it. When I was really young, I liked coming home and watching Nick Jr. and later in the evening I waited for Sailor Moon to come on, so until then I watched Arthur, and Zoom if anyone ever watched that silly show with the gibberish language I could never learn, and they tried to teach you how to make bird feeders out of cups and pop sickle sticks .

Basically any cartoon that ever existed I watched at some point, I watched a lot of t.v. I went through phases, first it was Nick Jr. then Nick, then it was tbskids, then Cartoon Network, and all the other stuff like Whennie the Pooh...I love the opening song still <3 YouTube - The Old Winnie the Pooh - theme song Animaniacs and stuff, I did like Looney Tunes and what was the one with the Pink and Blue Rabbit? was that with Animaniacs? I forget.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Definitely Rugrats, Doug, Ahh Real Monsters, Rocket Power. Ya know all the GOOD Nickelodean shows. and As for games hmmm FF8 believe it or not i think i started playing it around 7

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

SNES, Genesis, Looney Tunes and whatever mostly movie based Disney TV shows were on. I used to hang out with my cousins from time to time when they were all local, when they all moved out I made some local friends and that lasted til my childhood finshed.
    victoria aut mors

I would explode to save your life~ An afternoon... SeaAlchemist's Avatar

Digimon and Pokemon definitely bring back memories. I would always ask if I could watch it when it came on

This ain't no place for no hero An afternoon... Tiffany's Avatar

♪ Ducktales, WooOOOooOOOo!

When my brother and I got home from school, we'd watch TMNT, Night Court and Saved by the Bell.

Can't forget about Anamaniacs either. Friggin awesome shit there.

Later on I did enjoy watching Digimon.

OMG Saved By The Bell! What boy didn't wanna be Zach Morris when they got into high school?

watching tv is like my number one priority. its like i have to you know? then eat would automatically be right after i pressed the power button on the tv. if weather is fresh. our whole neighborhood would go out and play together...like marco polo, hide and seek. and the playground is the whole complex...but that was before i moved into a mansion...good ole times...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast