Thread: Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort!

Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort!

First of all this is nothing to do with TFF.

Is anybody here sick and tired of people miss understanding the point of the internet? Does anybody else look at themselves after typing up a message and realize they are not as intelligent as they think? Do you use the internet to whine about everybody else that barely effects you? Do you feel the excessive need to report post because you do not like what the topic creator is discussing?

If you answered yes to any of these you might just be an idiot!

Heres my problems: people get upset over everything and whine excessively online till they get their way. Anybody played WoW? Yeah this game is balanced around who cries the most. The answer to all their problems is to nerf Warlocks.

I made a post on gamefaqs telling people they're doing it wrong and subtly made fun of their choice and I got reported and my topic deleted because of it! OMG Somebody insulted my playstyle choice! They must be banned for all eternity for not liking what I do! God I hate those type of people.

People are so sensitive these days.

Blog Entries
    People love to take the internet seriously for some odd reason. Why that is, I'll never know, but I'm in agreement with you on how everything has to be so sugercoated these days.

Take a look at the movie Gran Torino for instance. Notice how Clint Eastwood's character represented a "last of the dying breed" type of personality, where he refuses to change his ways to the world's standards, and keeps his views, no matter how extreme, until he realized how some things can change in a more positive manner. Yeah, I'm getting a little off-topic, but in order to see what point I'm getting at, just take a second to listen to the kind of dialogue he uses throughout the movie. It's not him being racist, it's just the way how he speaks. He never sugercoated anything, he told things how it was, and nowadays people are too afraid to do that because of how people want to "please everyone" and don't want to get a lawsuit filed for "verbal assault". Seriously, 40 years ago, who has ever heard of getting a verbal assault charge filed on them?

Moving ahead in the eras, now we come to the internet, which happens to be a tool that has endless possibilities and variables at it's disposal. Also, laws happen to be less enforced on it then in the real world. However, the reason people get so upset on the internet is because of the medium of communication makes more views of others readily spread through the cyberworld which makes more people upset because of people being sensitive in real life and due to the lack of policing on the internets, people take it in their own hands to express grief or to give grief to others based on their views, among many other things.

The internets: not srs biz, but a vicious cycle nonetheless.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Hey I'll agree I delete things I type up. Just sometimes after reading it, it sounds pointless and I shouldn't even post it since it will be a waste of a post. Much like this one, but I had to post it.

Blog Entries
    I could ramble for several paragraphs about things people arleady know, but I'm not gonna do that. Instead, I'm gonna go ahead and say that it goes both ways: people can be whiners, and they can also be douche bags. If you can't find a way to be neither of these for the majority of the time you are online, you are pretty much worthless to talk to, because either way, having a conversation with you would be like talking to a brick wall. Nothing constructive will come of it. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

PS: Loaf, you are awesome.

Govinda

The internet is the easiest channel in which to moan. All you have to do is type it. It will never change.

Nobody cares if anyone else thinks they are an idiot, because the sheer size of the internet means they will always be able to find someone to tell them that they are smart or right.

Govinda has hit it right in on the noggin. No matter how immature or inappropriate or even drunken (me as an example) you are, there will be someone, somewhere on the internet who will agree AND disagree with you, no matter what the topic.

That is the beauty of internet. People can say what they want without any fear of repurcsion (sp...sorry i'm blind) because of annonymity (again...sp...i think...who knows i'm drunk just deal with the typos from now on, i'm sure you'll manage).

Trick is just to ignore the morons who simply oppose you because they want an arguement. They're pretty easy to spot because they tend not to argue more than one or two more posts with replies such as 'thats what your mum said' or something equally as idiotic and nonsensical. (oooh, nonsensical...big word i think i may have used right)

There will always be people who disagree...the thing is to ignore the idiots and aknowledge those who, although think differently, present a rebutual that doesnt accuse you of a homo-erotic activity.

But such is the internet. I could go on but....i need another drink.
    Last edited by Kou; 05-03-2009 at 08:04 AM.
    -They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious-

Bananarama Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love this thread already.

I'm sick of how the entire world has totally gone all politically correct, and how we can't speak our minds without offending some muppet of some sort. It boils down to every aspect of life, and not just the web. The fact of the matter is that the world needs to toughen up a lot and regain some of that toughness that appeared so prevalent in the 40s and 50s. Now, I'm not saying we revert to the blatant racism and all of that, but what is so hard about speaking your mind and just being straight up with people. If something pisses you off, why go and cry to a therapist, just tell the person who did it.

The world would be so much simpler if people would just stand up for themselves, throw a punch of two and end the day with a beer. I've settled problems like that and made a few friends in the process. It's not hard, and when you really think about it, we're not all that different... except for the super sensitive people. They can go cut their wrists in the dark for all I care.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers