Thread: The curse of spare change

The curse of spare change

I hate spare change. Where sometimes it is really useful and of course helpful it can also prove to be a great hinderance.

So yeah, what do I mean?

Spare change has this amazing ability is accumulating at a great speed. Thanks to businesses and marketers using stupid numbers for prices... like 99p or something whenever you make a basic purchase you will ALWAYS get some coins back. Regardless. So as you buy everyday essentials you get more and more change. It builds up.. spreading like bacteria -.-

Now change as a general rule is coins. Another thing about that is weight. It accumulates AND gets noticeably heavier. Gr.

Coins = circles. When my purse is bulging full from coins more often than not I spill a load of coins on the floor. Because I am unlucky sometimes, the coins then roll on their sides for ages... At least notes just float! XD

Anyway, what do you think about spare change?

And omigosh, wouldn't it be so cool if prices could be round numbers? I wish

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Registered User The curse of spare change Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

Re: The curse of spare change

Quote Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
    And omigosh, wouldn't it be so cool if prices could be round numbers? I wish
    I sell Cans of drink at my school and i only make my prices rounded to 1.00, 2.00 etc

I don't like anything else, and then people wonder why i won't let them off ten cents, i might have an obsession?
    But i myself like the heaviness of change, cause my notes always try to blow away, and usually my coins don't roll, must be cause i'm part Irish, lol

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! The curse of spare change Tallulah's Avatar

I had to pick about £2 worth of change out of the bottom of my bag. It had fallen out of my wallet, which hadn't clipped shut right, as it was stuffed full of pound coins.

On the flip side, I was desperately running out of change at work yesterday. I gave Hannah, the manager in charge of the safe, the correct amount of notes and £1 coins for some more, but by the time I received them from the safe (she was busy assembling orders at the service window), I was down to giving customers 70p in change, all in 5ps! >.< How embarrassing!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

HRH Albha The curse of spare change Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Change is incredibly irritating. If something's priced at 99p then it's not that bad, that's only a penny to add to your stack-of-change. The problem is that the train I get everyday costs £7.15, so that's 85p worth of change to carry around. Not to mention how evil 5-pence-pieces are.

Confusing things even more is that £1 notes still exist in Scotland (made only by the Royal Bank of Scotland), although they're very rare, they're still accepted and sometimes given as change. The thing is that the notes are also really irritating to store in a wallet, and are often mistaken for £5 notes.

I've heard of people accepting £1 notes and mistaking them for £5 notes though, since they're even rarer in England. That must come back to bite them in the ass.

#LOCKE4GOD The curse of spare change Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Our highest coins are 10c, and we have $1 and $2 coins.

Personally, I just pay using a card. Why carry coins when I can carry plastic amirite? Plus, no need to mine that shit.

Bananarama The curse of spare change Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually like having coins. I don't particularly like having them in my pockets, because when I sit down, they always seem to find their way to the floor. At the end of the day though, I always throw my change into one of those tin Bailey's containers, and watch it slowly accumulate over the weeks. The best part about it is that I have absolutely no idea how much money I'll have in there when it's full, but I'll take a guess and say at least $500.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User The curse of spare change

Ha.. Some people tip with coins. I get customers that would just empty out their wallets and leave me all the coins. Kind of funny when you're walking around and you jingle every time you take a step. xD It does kind of weigh you down if you get too much change though. :/

It does add up, so I don't mind getting change. I've also been keeping all my change in a fairly big jar, so when I fill that up, I'll cash it in. After that, I have no idea what I wanna do with it. I guess it will depend on how much I have saved.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Coins... they are money. I refuse to complain about having money at this point.

There is a thin continent-shaped pile of coins that's been accumulating on my computer desk for about half a year, taking up the width of it. I take from it when I need the change, so I think it's mostly composed of pennies by now. I'm going to have to sit down sometime soon and spend about an hour rolling it all up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Registered User The curse of spare change winterborn86's Avatar

I hate to carry change around with me, I usually shove it all in a money tin then crack it open wen it's full and change it over at the bank. I don't know why I hate it tho, it just annoys the hell outta me.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I'm DYING to see you! The curse of spare change ViviMasterMage's Avatar

When I find copper in my pocket, I throw it! xD

I know that you could save it up in a penny jar and after a month I would have collected around £20 but I'm just lazy and I just can't stand the feel, smell or colour to copper coins. Silver and gold is okay but I prefer notes.

Oh, and yeah! I'd love things to be round numbers but there's that conspiracy about pennys, isn't there? I think it's the one where they can get your details after holding the coin or whatever! xD

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The curse of spare change Xanatos's Avatar

Can't say I have problems with spare change as I always need it, be it for bus fare which is quite often I must say, or just for those petty little things I need to buy during the day, but if by any chance I really don't need it I'll rather give it to bum than throw it away.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Coins let me have a coin jar.
    Coin jars let me have a pleasant surprise occasionally when I remember about it.
    Charging 99p/95p/etc is a marketing tool and would be pretty hard to shift, plus it's kinda pathetic but I'd miss the coins if they flushed them out.

I can't say I'm a fan.

One, I don't like counting it out.

two, since I don't like counting it out, I never use it.

and three, since I never use it I always have too much of it in my wallet with no place to put it.

I end up giving it all to my dad lol

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I invented Go-Gurt. The curse of spare change Clint's Avatar

Regis Philbin, my friends. I love spare change, mostly due to the fact that it's money. I love money, because the richer you are, the more brothels you can afford to go to.

I don't have a problem with it. I have a coin jar that I cash in whenever it gets filled. I exchange the coins for paper money at TD, America's most trusted bank, or so says the great Regis Philbin.

To sum it all up, I love spare change because of Regis Philbin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I actually like having coins. I don't particularly like having them in my pockets, because when I sit down, they always seem to find their way to the floor. At the end of the day though, I always throw my change into one of those tin Bailey's containers, and watch it slowly accumulate over the weeks. The best part about it is that I have absolutely no idea how much money I'll have in there when it's full, but I'll take a guess and say at least $500.
    I like to do this as well, I have a big cup of coins I throw all the spare change in, then once the cup gets full I bring it over to one of those counting machines at Walmart and get a bunch of money from it.

If I get something to eat and have spare change while I'm going through the drivethru of somewhere, I like to throw the coins in the cup holder of my car. It's nice to have spare change every once in a while because you never know when you need a bottle of water or SoCo.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User The curse of spare change kupo's Avatar

ive got a jar that i dump spare change in. eventually when it starts getting full, i'll take it to one of those coin machines and get the coin amount in paper money...usually end up with between $30 - $40 in change.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a mini ATM. All my 1p, 2p, 5, and SOMETIMES 10p and 20p coins go in there too. Coins like 50p, £1 and £2 stay in my "purse".

I don't have a purse. Why put a pocket inside a pocket? It's not as if I carry loads of money around with me anyway. I stick my notes in with my bus pass. You can't even SEE that I have money on me.

Anywho, once I've collected £10 in the ATM machine, I'm giving it to my step-dad (who has a bigger collection at his place) in exchange for a £10 note. Sveet.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.