Thread: Current jobs/ ideal jobs

Asking all the personal questions. Current jobs/ ideal jobs RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Current jobs/ ideal jobs

Whats your current job and what would your ideal job or what would you rather do.

Im a schools janitor/groundsman its a really good job i like it for the time being but it's not going to take me anywhere.

I wouldn't mind being a meteorologist studying the weather or teaching martial arts like ninjitsu or shaolin kempo i used to study zendo kai (freestyle karate) but that was a few years ago now
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

I work at Best Buy, I don't sell product. I hate that place but they keep me so I stay. I am looking for a 2nd job just for a couple extra days. Putting in an app at a Vans store my friend works at.

Govinda
    Current Job: Serf

Ideal Job: Master of the Universe

Sir Prize Current jobs/ ideal jobs Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I must confess...I like Govinda's answer. However... Honestly, I'm a glorified gardener. Which, the glory is dubious, itself. I part-timed for a greenhouse or two. Used to work for Efflorescence in Louisville. And for the greenhouse at U of K.

My ideal job? Something close to seven figures annually. But then, I suppose the mechanics are important? Seven figures earned by overseeing a R&D hybridizing and micropropigation section for a firm for Orchid growers. Or a high-spot at the AOS in Delray, Florida.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    My current jobs are as follows:

- Art Gallery Assistant
    - Store Man
    - Misc Security work.

They pay good, though sometimes the hours can get a bit irregular as I tend to work casually more often than not.

My ideal job would be anything not as stressful that pays well and is full time. Like full-time security work for example. And It looks like I'm headed that way too thankfully.
    Just need my RSA/RCG so I can legitly be employed in areas containing alcohol and gambling. I noticed I can still get jobs without it, but no-one'll give full time work due to the occasional OHS inspectors.
    victoria aut mors

Currently, I am unemployed. Anyone who knows what being unemployed is like will tell you that it is, in fact, the ideal job.

I don't have a job at the moment, I used to work part-time at HMV, but left due to College. College pretty much takes the majority of time I have up, so it's difficult working at the same time. I really wish I could, though.

My longterm goal is to become a gaming-journalist, or some form of journalist in the entertainment industry.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Bananarama Current jobs/ ideal jobs Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well right now I'm in between jobs. I'm basically waiting for the police dept to get back to me, but with the recession, there are budget cuts, and Lord knows why they cut things like the police and fire depts first.

Currently, I have a position with New York Life. I just have to go and get my insurance agent's license and then I can start getting paid.

I'll drop everything for a shot at the police though.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Current job: Underpaid sous chef of a terrible restaurant that starves me and the chef creatively and never lets us make real food.

Ideal job: Properly paid sous chef of a real restaurant, or even a line cook at a real restaurant that makes food I'd enjoy cooking.

Future ideal job: Whatever the hell I can put my networking degree towards after college.

Current job: Library Assisstant, It's pretty good, decent pay and I just work 4 hours every sunday and chat to people about books.

Ideal job: Print based journalism, though probably not entertainment or anything,more hard hitting stories

Dr. Prof. Failstrom Current jobs/ ideal jobs Dr_Flea's Avatar
    Curren't job : Qualified Chef.
    Its preety good but being a chef isn't the greatest job in the world you preety much have no social life.

Ideal job: Teaching cooking: i love cooking but i want a Mon-fri job so this would fit those in perfectly.

~Dr_Flea~

The Quiet One Current jobs/ ideal jobs Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I currently work as a tester of video games at Volition. The last game that I tested was Saints Row 2. I don't believe I can speak about my current situation.

Anyway, the ideal job I have would be one of many. Which makes things a little difficult. The one that is closer to being achieved is being an artist working on video games. The further away one would be as Project Art Director or whatever PAD stands for. Though more away than that would be to make own game depending on whether that means being a Producer or Lead Designer I'm not sure. Somehow I don't think artists even Lead Artists get to decide on the game they want to make.

Other jobs is I want to be a manga artist and a writer/novelist. I also want to be a Director for my own movie or tv series. So yeah, I'm going to be busy working on those goals. The only thing that is saving me is that I got plenty of material.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Bass Player Extraordinaire Current jobs/ ideal jobs Joe's Avatar
    Current Job: Full Time Student while also attending another Night school.

Ideal Job: Not entirely sure, but the night school is allowing my to earn a fair few certifications, like MCSA, A+, MCTS, MCDST, CCENT, and CCNA. basically from basic repair to major microsoft networks to CISCO networking.

So in short, something in computers, but I'm not entirely sure yet. At least I'll have the knowledge, the skills and the credentials to be able to pursue whatever I find that I want.

Also, I'll always be a career student of sorts, because I never tire of learning new things. In a sense That is my ideal career as well.

Govinda's answer was prolly the most honest and up front of all of them though xD
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo-Hoo View Post
    Currently, I am unemployed. Anyone who knows what being unemployed is like will tell you that it is, in fact, the ideal job.
    Personally, I have to disagree. While there is a lot of freedom involved-in that you are not obligated to go somewhere to do something that may or may not be unpleasant to you at a specific time-there are also restrictions in that you are not being paid, and therefore cannot buy things you would like or need. Plus, when I am not working for long periods of time, I often get anxious or bored, and don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure you have your music or something to occupy your time with though, eh? Or do you feed off inspiration, which isn't always apparent?

Anyhoo, my "current job" is a "Substitute Janitor," and occasionally a "Substitute Kitchen Aide" for the school district. Some weeks I get a lot of work, and other weeks I don't get shit; last week, I only worked one day. I'm hoping to get a full time job at one of the schools in the near future, but that is not my "ideal job..."

My "ideal job" would be one to do with writing in some form or another. Perhaps a journalist or a published author (although they say you always need a second job as an author.) Or perhaps a writer for a comic book, TV show, movie, or something. At least that's what I want right now. I'd also like to be lead singer for a band, and failing that, perhaps back up singer whilst playing some instrument that I have to learn first (the last instrument I dabbled with was a bass last Summer.) My eventual dream for retirement, though, is to own some kind of small shop in some small coastal town, with some trustworthy people to run it, so I don't have to do much real work. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Last edited by Taco-Calamitous; 02-08-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Sunnovabitch. That "last edited" thing must come on after 30 seconds of posting the message...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Personally, I have to disagree. While there is a lot of freedom involved-in that you are not obligated to go somewhere to do something that may or may not be unpleasant to you at a specific time-there are also restrictions in that you are not being paid, and therefore cannot buy things you would like or need. Plus, when I am not working for long periods of time, I often get anxious or bored, and don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure you have your music or something to occupy your time with though, eh? Or do you feed off inspiration, which isn't always apparent?
    How can you get bored? All you need is a penis, lubricant, and a personal computer with internet access.

In reality, I spend most of my time trying to work on my thesis. I figure I can finish it while I am still in undergraduate school, and then get a job to pay for graduate school and not die over a lack of hours in the day to do it all.

You could also catch up on art. Or use a penis, lubricant, and a personal computer with internet access.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a job... yet. I'm planning on getting a job soonish though. I'd be more then happy to do bar work, or cleaning. Haha, I can't do bar work because I'm a year too young to pull a pint, but cleaning... what? I'm good at cleaning when I give it some heart.

My ideal job? There are many I'd love to get my hands into:

- I'd love to own my own bar some day. You know, one of those off the road types, with staff I can trust.
    - I'd love to manage my own game design studio. Gawd, I've even come up with names! ^^
    - I'd like to be a special agent. I don't know. I guess I'd like the thrill.
    - A games developer.
    - A stunt double.
    - Actress (both in the flesh and motion capture).
    - Rock star. As long as I play the guitar and don't sing, I'll make it fine! ^^;;
    - Auther.
    - Mage.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Flea View Post
    Curren't job : Qualified Chef.
    Its preety good but being a chef isn't the greatest job in the world you preety much have no social life.

Ideal job: Teaching cooking: i love cooking but i want a Mon-fri job so this would fit those in perfectly.

~Dr_Flea~
    Are you an actual Chef or just a cook? People misuse the term Chef so much it annoys the living crap out of me.

I have a huge social life as a sous chef, I go out nearly every Friday and Saturday night and get hammered with other chefs/cooks in my city. If you aren't into drugs and/or alcohol, cooking is not the profession for you. =D

Now that I'm cooking and in school, though, I'm limited to 2 nights a week instead of the 4-6 I used to go out and drink with cooks, chefs, owners, servers, ect from all over the place.

Operations and Strategy Manager for a Big 4 bank here in Aus.. Ideal job? Well I'm only a year out of uni, so while the pay's good, for someone with 'more experience' they'd be earning 2-3 times as much as me.. and it really irks me because it's not like I work any less hard.

So probably a management consultant would be the way to go for me.
    Spoiler:
    dont u have anything better to do than highlighting my sig?

Rikkuffx's hubby..