Thread: Cold Showers

SOLDIER 3rd Class Cold Showers Copperfire's Avatar

Cold Showers

Our hot water heater is on the fritz.

And it's been that way ever since that g0dd@m anti-scalding device was installed.

The installation of which was mandatory, they said.

Try having a shower at my house and say that!

I haven't had a decent shower in weeks!

Death Before Dishonor Cold Showers Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Cold Showers

I am used to cold showers. The shower at the MMA gym I work out at has no hot water. So everyone time I shower there it is in cold water. I don't even notice anymore. At first I would jump everytime I turned it on. Now I actually kinda enjoy it. Plus ever since I started taking the cold showers my dry skin has disappeared. Don't know if it has to do with the shower, but its gone regardless..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I've been through having freezing cold showers when our shower faucet was leaking hot water. My dad shut off the hot water until we got it fixed. It really sucked, I never take cold showers, even when it's hot like in summer.

Even if you like taking cold showers, that kind of cold is just ridiculous.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Stream Crosser Cold Showers Ann's Avatar

I think cold showers is okay. I usually use it during summer. But on the rainy season, I switch it into warm mode

SOLDIER 3rd Class Cold Showers Copperfire's Avatar

I'm not at all surprised to see that some enjoy cold showers. I didn't always take all my showers hot either, especially in the summertime (cold showers in that case sound good to me too). But these days I don't even like them lukewarm.
    Last edited by Copperfire; 03-15-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Sir Prize Cold Showers Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Water is water. Hot or cold, meh. No preference, says I. Although getting out of a hot shower in mid-December is impossible. It's the worst fortune to befall a man who would shower. I ****ing hate that...

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Cold Showers T.G. Oskar's Avatar

While, fortunately, very low temperatures don't reach where I live, I'm used to have cold showers. It's been several years since we don't have a heater in the house, and it's now common to take a cold shower (even at wintertime, where the temperature lowers a bit...not lower than 75 I'd say).

One good tactic I've acquired is get a drip first, get the skin used to the water and even soap with that drizzle of water. Then, when moist and soaped enough, I turn the shower a bit more and let it fall on the already-moist skin, which should be "attuned" to the colder water at the moment. From there, I get all the skin to be moist until I can get on the stream comfortably.

While that makes bathing a bit slower, it's much better than getting the goosebumps from the sudden stream of cold water.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Cold Showers The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I hate taking cold showers and I would go without one if I was in the same situation
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I find a cold shower followed by video games in a comfortable chair with a nice chilled beer is heavenly after working on a 40ish degrees celcius day. Apart from that, it's not too common for me to take a cold shower unless I need something to wake me up quickly in which case a cold shower is also quite useful.
    victoria aut mors

Asking all the personal questions. Cold Showers RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

I am in agreement with Silver I very rarely have a cold shower unless it is a hot day after work and even then I usually have a hot one to wash the grease and dirt off then just finish with the cold to freshen up.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last winter, the thermostat in the water heater decided it didn't want to work one morning. We had cold water for about two days, when it was at it's coldest because the water tank is on the roof, and 'somewhat' exposed to cold, British weather. =|

Near the start of the summer last year, we had some builders doing work on our flats. Over a period of about a month (it could have been done quicker - they were just lazy ****s), they were doing work in the water tank, and replacing the pipes which allowed the flats to get water. They completely screwed up, and not only was we getting cold water, but the pressure was off too - we were getting dribbles of water coming out the taps, even with the taps turned all the way.

See, if it's by choice, I don't mind a cold shower. When one is forced on me, however, then I can't say I'm exactly thrilled. In summer, I always find it refreshing to have a warm shower, and then switch to cold water for the last five minutes.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

i dont mind taking cold showers on a hot summer day. but other than that i feel like the cold could slice your skin open and pierce through your brain...

I would explode to save your life~ Cold Showers SeaAlchemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copperfire View Post
    Our hot water heater is on the fritz.

And it's been that way ever since that g0dd@m anti-scalding device was installed.

The installation of which was mandatory, they said.

Try having a shower at my house and say that!

I haven't had a decent shower in weeks!
    That sucks >_< i hate cold showers >.>

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Cold Showers Polk's Avatar

My preferred shower is on the colder side. Not ice cold, but lower than room temperature. I don't know why. The family loves it because they know they'll always have hot water for themselves. I'll only take hot showers if I'm really cold and I feel like it will warm me up.

I'm not sure how to end this post so here is a man who is either enjoying or hating his cold shower. You decide which!

(This post brought to you by the comission for ripping off Block)
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

The Bad Boy of TFF Cold Showers Block's Avatar

Cold showers are terrible. Like really terrible.

I have taken one or two in my day...