Thread: Checking your phone

Certified tech, come at me! Checking your phone SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Checking your phone

Do you have the habit of checking either your home phone or cell phone often to see if anyone called? I seem to check my cell often, sadly I don't have any calls or texts but maybe thats a good thing so my minutes and phone bill won't be eaten up.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 05-23-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Currently Playing:

The Lone Dagger Checking your phone Xithor's Avatar

Re: Checking your phone

My phone is like an appendage haha I'm always checking it but for two reasons, for new text messages bc sometimes I don't hear or feel the vibration and for the time even though I have two clocks in my room and a wrist watch lol just habit I guess

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Memento Rhapso Checking your phone Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I check mine non stop because I find it fun flipping the phone lol and my messages come like 5 sec. before the blasted thing goes of so I like to race the ringtone to the message. Otherwise, I flip it to check the time, close, flip, close, flip, and just get that habit and do it nonstop for like ten minutes

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Death Before Dishonor Checking your phone Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the past few weeks I have had my cell phone on vibrate. I often have to check it because I cannot feel it vibrate. On some phones you can hear the vibration, but my phone is weak so... Normally when I check it I have a new text message, or a missed call.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I like to lol. Checking your phone ExQuentin's Avatar

I checked my cell phone just as I was reading this thread lol. I don't do it often though, for some reason i'm not the "txting" type...

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I find myself checking/using mine frequently when not actively performing another task.
    There's just so much I can do on my phone these days; phone calls, texting, email, net shopping (eBay app ftw), forum browsing, proper gaming, reading (both books and comics), multimedia playback and as many other things as there are apps.

It's practically my PC away from home.
    victoria aut mors

I want to play a game. Checking your phone Zargabaath's Avatar

I usually keep my phone on vibrate throughout the day because during work I don't want people to hear my phone and because if there is a lot of noise I cannot hear my phone. I always have my phone clipped in my left pocket so if I get a text or call I will feel it vibrate. At work I will sometimes check my phone for the time (when to take my break) or if I feel that my phone vibrated but it didn't.

I don't deal with my house phone because if somebody is trying to contact me they will call my cell phone, therefore if my house phone is ringing I know it is not for me or at least somebody not worth talking to.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Gingersnap Checking your phone OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. I'm infamous for missing calls and ignoring texts. My phone is on vibrate, and I usually just leave it somewhere in the house. I do check every few hours, but it's rare that I've missed anything. If I'm expecting a call, I'll keep the phone nearby. And I do usually take it with me when I go out, just in case I need it. And to see what time it is. But I find it rude to be out with people and then constantly check your phone or text.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Certified tech, come at me! Checking your phone SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    No. I'm infamous for missing calls and ignoring texts. My phone is on vibrate, and I usually just leave it somewhere in the house. I do check every few hours, but it's rare that I've missed anything. If I'm expecting a call, I'll keep the phone nearby. And I do usually take it with me when I go out, just in case I need it. And to see what time it is. But I find it rude to be out with people and then constantly check your phone or text.

I agree with that. I would have friends over or I would be with a friend somewhere and it kinda irks me each time they check their phone and text.
    Currently Playing:

The Old Skool Warrior Checking your phone LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I check mine when it makes noise. I don't really see the point in checking it more frequently than that, other than to check the time if I'm not wearing my watch (and sometimes even when I am, because I don't wear it all of the time and tend to forget). Periodically I'll pull it from my pocket and just browse Kotaku or Facebook a little bit if I'm not doing anything more interesting.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

forever alone in hell Checking your phone final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    Do you have the habit of checking either your home phone or cell phone often to see if anyone called? I seem to check my cell often, sadly I don't have any calls or texts but maybe thats a good thing so my minutes and phone bill won't be eaten up.

yea sometimes but i dont do it offten cusi dont have the time

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

Shake it like a polaroid picture Checking your phone RagnaToad's Avatar

Whenever I'm somewhere boring, I just check my messages and often text a friend just so he would respond with some witty or ****ed up text. Philosophical shit, music related shit, or just plain idiotic subjects.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

My phone is always by me, because for some reason the second I leave it I miss calls.. every time. I take it in the bathroom when I shower too haha I usually just put it on loud and cover it with a shirt or something so the moisture doesn't mess it up. I don't talk on the phone that much, I mainly text.

EDIT: I should probably mention this, I have this weird fear that if I'm not there to answer my phone, someone I know will call for help and I won't pick up...

idk either.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 05-23-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I invented Go-Gurt. Checking your phone Clint's Avatar

Let's see, I completely ignore the house phone when it rings, and I don't even remember where I stashed my cell phone, so no, I don't really have a habit of checking my phone. If somebody wants to get in touch with me by phone, you're shit out of luck.

Bananarama Checking your phone Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually have my phone within arms reach. People are always texting me with one thing or another, and I absolutely HATE when people ignore texts or calls. My biggest peeve is when I'm driving and someone texts me, so I give them a call, and they don't pick up. It's like cmon, I know you were right by your phone 5 seconds ago!

I also check my phone in situations where I have to leave it somewhere. Say like, I leave my phone in my car when I'm at work or at the gym; as soon as I'm back in my car, I'll be checking it. I'm kinda big on getting back to people as soon as possible.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Checking your phone che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel the need to check my phone if my girlfriend is trying out clothes and I'm standing outside the dressing room. I don't like to be in that place with a bunch of other dudes waiting on their girlfriends. It's an awkward place to be. But with a 3G phone I can mess around on the internet while I wait for 15 minutes.

Blog Entries

I swear to god I have phone esp. i'll get the urge to check my phone, but there wont be any missed calls or texts. about 15 seconds later, BAM! phone and/or text. Just another random fun fact about me that makes me so godly
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Asking all the personal questions. Checking your phone RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

I check my phone probably four times a day and its only as I go to do something with I check it before I go to work as I put it in my pocket, I check it at smoko or lunch and then I check it when I get home and sometimes check it before I go to bed. The only other time I will check it is if I am using loud machinery and I don't hear it go off but I think it might have gone off.

On the weekends I chuck it in the esky and it is pretty sound proof in there so I never hear it which is a good thing not that I get much activity on it the only people that contact me are my wife and work colleges and only my wife on the weekends to which it doesn't matter because I am with her anyway.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really check my phone often. I miss loads of calls and text messages, so my friends have learnt not to bother with contacting me unless I call them/specifically ask them to call me when I see them.

When I'm bored, I tend to check it often to look at the time. I think it's rude when I do it/friends do it too often when we hang out. Especially if you're in the middle of a conversation with them.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Checking your phone winterborn86's Avatar

I check mine constantly, I don't know why tho lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

i do have a habit of checking my phone and it is getting really weird

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Checking your phone Xanatos's Avatar

I don't have tendency to check my phone every now and then, but I don't recall missing much of the calls or even text messages because of it, my ring tones are always on, so I hear pretty much whenever I have a call or just receive a text message, unless the phone is not in my vicinity which frankly is really rare.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Hydralisk

I just got a new phone (Motorolla Cliq XT), so I'm on it constantly. It does everything though, internet, games, it even streams audio and video from my computer anywhere I have a 3g connection. So if you ever see me in real life, chances are my phone will be in my hand.

This ain't no place for no hero Checking your phone Tiffany's Avatar

I don't check it if I haven't gotten a notification.

That being said, I have a Blackberry that gets me emails, FB messages and whatnot, along with my iPod Touch that also connects to wi fi and gives me everything else.

I think I might have a bit of a problem....

I only check it randomly if it's been awhile. You never know when you might have missed it even if it's not on vibrate. Mostly my phone is on vibrate since it's to loud even on the lowest sound setting. When I first got my first cell phone when I was 16 I used to check it all the time since I would always get this feeling like it was vibrating but it really wasn't.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Bananarama Checking your phone Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha, Loaf I used to get the phantom vibrate all the time. The scary thing was sometimes I'd think it was vibrating even when it wasn't in my pockets. God damn I hated my 3 Razr's
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Banned Checking your phone

I get emails sent to my phone, I try my best to check it every few minutes. Starting to get used to how this BlackBerry works.