Thread: Check ignition, and may God's love be with you

HRH Albha Check ignition, and may God's love be with you Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Check ignition, and may God's love be with you

So as you may know, the first recognised 'Man on the Moon', Neil Armstrong, passed away yesterday. His death is of course a sad one, but it got me to thinking.

When I was young I wanted to be an astronaut, like lots of kids, and be the first person to walk on Mars. Obviously this hasn't quite worked out for me, since space exploration seems to be more costly than beneficial. Also I can't imagine having the physical fitness required to be selected for such a mission, or any mission at all involving space.

Besides, I've now found a career which I have a great deal more passion for than space exploration. Although I am sometimes a little curious.

So I'm curious, did you have any lofty career aspirations as a child which have now become harsh reminders of how much of a failure you are?

Or are you glad in some way that you decided not to pursue those goals?

Or perhaps have you found a better career to pursue which you are now pursuing or working in?

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

G'day Check ignition, and may God's love be with you NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a zookeeper. I never looked into that as a career choice haha. When I was about 14 - 16, I wanted to be a fashion designer LOL. I did work experience in a clothing factory, which I enjoyed. I never pursued that obviously and for good reason too, I'm not actually very creative. Although, I did just design a mighty fine t-shirt. Also I was interested in working in hotel management, because my brother was into that at the time and I love hotels.

I currently make light fittings in a factory, so obviously, I am lazy and have no ambition. But I can hold down a job and I make money, which is a bit more important to me then a career. But props to you, who have career goals and are trying to achieve them or have achieved them

The Mad God Check ignition, and may God's love be with you Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Ss a kid, I thought I'd want to be an astronaut too. As I aged and developed my cognitive functions it became apparent that actually being out there taking the moonwalk wasn't my thing. I'd rather be involved in the theoretical, logical, thinking aspect of a space program. I'd rather be the guy analyzing the images taken by the Hubble and trying to figure out what everything is than the guy walking around on the moon. However I've opted to not go into astronomy at all, even though it remains an interest of mine. One which I'm free to pursue on my own time anyways.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Check ignition, and may God's love be with you Xanatos's Avatar
    I never had such ambitious dreams, as a kid all I wanted to be is a chef, part of me still does. I might take a course or two in near future as I still have huge affection towards cooking. I went a different path because I find civil engineering, construction in general, to be more appealing, both financially and as job itself. For one short period of time I also wanted to be a football player, until I found out just how much talent, sacrifice and effort is required to become one... way too much for my lazy ass in other words.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Chief Inspiring Officer Check ignition, and may God's love be with you Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a child, I had a passing fancy that I'd do well in cosmetics, but that quickly faded and no longer holds any appeal for me.
    I was interested in art as a kid, tho. And I'm still into that.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Registered Goober Check ignition, and may God's love be with you Order's Avatar
    So I'm curious, did you have any lofty career aspirations as a child which have now become harsh reminders of how much of a failure you are?
    I always wanted to be a writer since I was in 4th grade, so.... 9 or 10 years old.

Or are you glad in some way that you decided not to pursue those goals?
    What, two options are being a miserable failure?
    What the **** is wrong with you?

Or perhaps have you found a better career to pursue which you are now pursuing or working in?
    Three options are being a miserable failure.
    It must seem impossible that anyone ever actually follows through with their childhood dream.

I'm still aspiring, as it's not my day job, but I write. My writing has been read on local news channels and has been featured on some sites where it was actually willingly read by people who mostly had positive things to say in response.
    I write stuff that I will probably keep to myself.
    I write stuff that I imagine being made into a crappy "based on the novel" movie.
    I write stuff that I send to editors who never respond both enthusiastically and positively, if at all.

My dream happened to be easy to start. I assure you, it is not easy to write a full novel and it is much less simple to find interest in ever publishing it.

I see myself as a writer even though I have not been published nationally. Now, it seems like it's a matter of timing.
    I need to promote the right story at the right time, when there is a publisher who believes there will be public interest in the premise.