Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Call out to all the oldest members of TFF!

Member of The Promised Land psychosyd's Avatar
    Shh... we don't mention my age Andromeda... that is a minor detail.

Speaking of RP's... if any of you remember the MASAMUNE forums back in the day when we had that as the alternate to TFF when TFF was going through downtime, but I started an RP there called Relativity that I may post up here and get started again. I believe it was originally me, Nightshade and SS, then they disappeared but I really liked the story so me and Shagamuffin sort of took it up again. I will probably type it up and post it here and see if it takes off again.

I actually think Sherry was involved too... if only for a small portion. Was that correct Sherry? Its a 4 person RP

Haha... TFF Social Gathering for its 10 year anniversary. That would be something else. its like your High School Graduations 10 year, but... cooler.

"See you honey, im leaving to go meet up with a bunch of friends I met on the interent, we are celebrating our forums 10 year anniversary"

I like it
    Last edited by psychosyd; 08-13-2007 at 04:57 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! Mugetsu's Avatar
    I just sat and read through all of this. My eyes hurt fairly bad.

I registered early 02 I believe after I was searching around for some FF trivia stuff. Found this forum, found the rpb forum and spammed the place up for a few years.

Im pretty much just a lurker nowadays tho. I miss the days of RPB's with Mydako, being in Itazura and having lots of rpb rivals. I wish I was little again!

I also remember Ali and the swimsuits, me and Usagy being little sleazy guys aswell!

I brought, Battleofhoth here once upon a time and we pissed off all the 'metalheads' for a good few months.

Good Times!

Quote Originally Posted by psychosyd View Post
    Haha... TFF Social Gathering for its 10 year anniversary. That would be something else. its like your High School Graduations 10 year, but... cooler.
    Haha, but that wont happen. Let's face it... we're not going to get wives

I didnt realise it was like, 10 years. We have to do SOMETHING.

Oh, and I'm sending a high five to anybody who was in any of the Road Trip RPs I used to hold

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Gingersnap Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *high five*

But the ones I was in only got so far. I wasn't in the first one.
    ...I would do it again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu
    I also remember Ali and the swimsuits
    Eep! Ah heh heh... shhh

And Joe, it's okay, we can all just marry each other. And share the same wedding clothes. I'm in.

And James Apples (Rotten James), you're probably right. Doesn't make me any less curious, though. I've been wondering about summer RPs as well. Is there anyone else who would want to start up something like that? Or is everyone too busy?
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 08-13-2007 at 11:11 AM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    And James Apples (Rotten James), you're probably right. Doesn't make me any less curious, though. I've been wondering about summer RPs as well. Is there anyone else who would want to start up something like that? Or is everyone too busy?
    Ha. I have been saying that for two pages. Lets do it! School is off and I don't work. Who is going to start it?

Blog Entries
    Mm kay, so I already posted this in my journal, but it applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by QUOTE
    Also, us older members should decide on this summer RP we've been talking about. I'm serious about the BBQ (I talked about it in Shinra after Andromeda mentioned it). If I have to host it, I will. It can be on my deck. I have a hottub. And as long we we're in an RP.... I have a pool too. I'm going to post it in that (this) thread, and if I get any interest in it, I'll put it up in OOC to work out the particulars. And then, my friends, an RP. It'll probably be mostly old members, but I don't think we're all so elitist as to shut out newer members. In fact, I think it would be a good way for all of us crusty old farts to get to know the newer members who also like BBQ.
    Soooo what do you think? BBQ and swimming for TFF? Hotdogs?

PS. It's rare for me to get interested in an RP. I have the feeling its the same for a lot of you. Let's take advantage while we still can?
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 08-13-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

The Quiet One Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I won't mention your age, Syd. ^^

And that is correct what Ocean said. I have no problems with someone, anyone creating such a RP. I've actually suggested it on a couple occasions, because for me I miss seeing them. They make me think of the old days when we pretty much RP'd everything. If there was an award ceremony it was a RP, if there was a wedding it was a RP, even a Ball.

You know all you are really missing to make it perfect is Quistis, and maybe Tiff. Maybe you can get Takashi to join you. I know he floats around still, namely in the FFXI forum was the last place I saw him. I'd imagine Quistis is around once and a while. She'd probably enjoy a RP like that, she always seemed to.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The RP is a nice idea, though I probably wont participate. My RP days are looong gone.

Then again, this is a rare breed of RP for a special occasion... but I don't know how active I'd be able to be in it :S

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Blog Entries
    It wouldn't be a particularly long RP or anything. Long enough for people to show up, have a bite, go swimming, get drunk, and then go home. I'm not trying to write an epic here.

It's for funsies!

I just want to make sure there would be some interest in it before I waste time making it. So far, James will participate with me. Andromeda will watch and enjoy, and Joe might participate. Anyone else?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Okay, I'll make this an exemption to my retirement from RP ^_^ I can't promise much activity though. Probably just one or two posts. And they're be mischievous ones at that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    So far, James will participate with me. Andromeda will watch and enjoy, and Joe might participate. Anyone else?
    I'm trying to decide whether I'd really be interested or not. On the one hand, it involves a bunch of older members that I haven't seen post in a long time posting. On the other hand, to be completely honest, and not to be like "That's a stupid idea, Alisyn and/or Quina!" (yes, I know you by the sn "Quina," RA) because I know that a lot of other people have enjoyed things like these in the past and probably would enjoy this one, but a BBQ RP does not sound like my cup of tea. Although I could come in and play the roll of the antisocial jerk. That might be fun! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I think I remember a TFF Pool Party once back in TPL...

HAHAHA!!! TPL... what a joke that is now, no admittance until you had 250 posts... rip off...

So I suggested SOLDIER... the creation of the forum for those with 1000 posts...

still a rip off now

You say James as in ME yes? or another James... im so confused
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Blog Entries
    Remember when you had to have 200 posts just to have a custom avatar? That was done away with a while ago, but when I joined you had to earn the right to have customization. Now we get large fancy avatars over 100 pixels. I remember when 75 was the limit.

SOLDIER had a 1000 post requirement huh? I had that in like a month. ^^; Though a 1000 posts is still a lot even these days. It usually takes people a year or half a year at least to get a 1000 posts. At least the good members it does, though I think the ones that spam up to the 100s fade out quickly. So it ends up being the ones in the 1000s are good members anyway.

I think I remember a pool party, I don't know if it was the same pool party you are speaking about. There were probably several. But that aside, maybe you should just start up a thread for it Ocean. And just see who you get. Maybe PM people to prod them into the RP. It'll be fun no matter how many people you have in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Now we get large fancy avatars over 100 pixels.
    The best part is that the width maximum was 105 pixels for a time, and I never changed my avatar since. The maximum is now 100, but that's only checked when the image uploads, so I beat the system

Blog Entries
    Sneaky sneaky, Joeeee.

Andromeda, I took your advice and started an OOC. For drink requests.

And Syd, I meant the Rotten Apples James. But if you participated too, I would be all smiles.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! GRIM REAPER's Avatar
    The deepest parts of Hell enslaving your pitiful soul.
    A pool party RP, i was probably gone during that time but i do remember a valentines RP along time ago. There was a thread with everybody asking each other to be there date. Quistis was the most wanted back then. In the RP I went stag and ended up drunk and passed out at the bar. I think that was the last RP I ever did.

Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! Mugetsu's Avatar
    Ill attend your wee RP. If only for nostalgia sake. Apart from this thread it will most likely be my only activity here unless some awesome threads appear.

Dark Star
    I came aboard sometime around 2001 if I remember correctly, but I was known as someone else back then.

Using my computer prowess I managed to dig up this old copy of the main site from sometime around the end of 2001.

Looks like there is even an OLD news article that I wrote there too. Ah, the olden days...
    Attached Images Attached Images Call out to all the oldest members of TFF!-tff-jpg 

Oh my days... that picture of Rikku on that screenshot has made me realise how fricken OLD FFX is now....

Blog Entries
    The RP is up, and I've decided on a hotel party. Less clean up.

And oh wow... old TFF. Haha I wish I could get that shot S has of Anarchy's awesome RP post from when he was like... 12. It's kind of adorable. I think he hit someone with a bat and then went home to watch cartoons.

Oh shit, and what did you call yourselves? The Wang Gang? I loved you guys.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Bananarama Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember back in the day when we got to harass people for being new. But now we have all these rules and people have feelings, or something.

Tomfoolery, I say!

You don't get feelings until we say you get them, and that means you can't have your feelings hurt- not until your BFF doesn't include you in a shout outs post three months in.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Here is a little post from the Mod forum that I made over 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by psychosyd
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04
    edit:I happen to threaten many a moderator who choose to spam in n00b threads and set bad examples. Psychosyd is a good example of this, as I almost warned him the other day for his posting habits. Everyone's argument in New Members is that the posts don't count, and my counterargument is that they're setting bad examples. I've dished out only one warning in NM, but I've made quite a few threats and pre-warnings to people who don't get the point.
    No, post count is irrelevant in any forum, I dont care where I post. I posted crappy knowing full well what I did, you would have been in every right to give me a warning. Unlike most people, I don't see one warning as the end of the world or doomed membership, its just that a warning, and i know full well I sometimes post total risky crap in topics, because thats what comes to mind and I feel thats the post I want to make without dragging out unnessecary information because I don't want to risk being labeled for spamming. I post how I post, I post the way I am, and if it brushes the edges, so be it.
    So you know what I say pete? SCREW it... I don't think new members should have feelings either... Respect is EARNED...

and I think the whole point is, the rules are only as good as the people who enforce them, and one warning isn't going to get you banned, so you just gotta tread lightly. Forums are a form of social interaction, so I say, take a personality, or let YOUR personality come out, why not have some fun with it. Pete is a man behind a keyboard, you could act NOTHING like you post here, but you assume a new "alter-ego" when you come here, and thats cool.

Now im going to get a warning for saying its ok to break the rules once in a while. Great example for mods to be setting, I think thats why I almost got the warning back then.
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Blog Entries
    Nah James, I pretty much am what you see, except better looking than my little 8bit buddy to the left. But yeah, I agree, and think that people should just be themselves, cause God forbid half of us ever meet; it'd just be incredibly awkward.

"So this is TFF's coolest person? Wow, they got shoved into a locker daily in hs." or

"Wow, chez is really 43 and from poland..."

but in all reality, I'm a real life railroad baron, complete with monacle and handlebar mustache a la Rollie Fingers. By the stars, the B & O Line will rise again!

I also agree with myself and James that respect is earned, and that some rules are so insignificant that they can be bent, if not broken.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

The difference pete between you and the 8 bit picture that is your avatar is that your avatar still has its clothes on.

I remember the days of the naked Leonhart. those were some good times.

I also try to be who you see on the forums, but I can only be so good... and so Mormon before you realize im just larger in life, and more awesome.

But my spelling is just as bad.
    Spoiler:
    Member of SOLDIER

Blog Entries
    It's true. Right now I'm just wearing some guinness shorts. It's really sad though, cause if you think about it, when I'm not naked, I've been wearing beer underwear/ sleepwear for the past few days, straight. Between guinness and corona boxers and guinness sleep shorts, my nether region has been in a glorious world of shamrocks and corona bottles.

Anyways, it should be a rule that you have to be yourself. Unfortunately we can't test for that.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Genji Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! Skai's Avatar
    Ooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

God damn it's been a long while since I had checked other parts of TFF besides the Final Fantasy XI section where I lurk 99% of the time nowadays and only once in a while.

Haha I still remember back then where RP/RPB was the shit with all them Clan Wars. Me being in Tantalus then joining SOLDIER. I was a moderator for a while too! Good times good times.

Anyway, does anyone besides a few still remembers me? >_>;
    Last edited by Skai; 08-25-2007 at 07:25 AM.
    Skai Aetheris, Gilgamesh

Blog Entries
    I'll always remember you Skai. You were in charger of the RP forum for a while and I think you helped me with the FFXI forum at one point as well. Though both are now mine. Speaking of which, Fuzz is going to be getting me something together for the FFXI site of main site for content management. I'll need knowledgeable people to help me get the site on par with the better resource sites out there. You play FFXI far more than I me anymore, but that is due to one thing or another. I'd be back in FFXI if I didn't have 9 games to beat.

I don't think that I have ever RP'd with you, but then again maybe I have. But we were in different Clans for the Clan Wars, so never saw each on the battlefield or what not. No one saw anyone in Clan Wars unless it was your own clan members.

The Good Old Days

Well, how's this for a bit of nostalgia?
    Attached Images Attached Images Call out to all the oldest members of TFF!-ancient-png 
    Last edited by Sea; 08-26-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Lady Succubus Call out to all the oldest members of TFF! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh, Milk, just like.. 5 threads below yours, is another vet reminiscing thread. XD
    Call out to all the oldest members of TFF!

But I'm from 2002, so yeah. =P I know Cain's still around. Mike pops up every now and again.. lionheart2001 is still around, except he's called Pete now. XD

Oh, well look at that. Must be getting senile in my old age.

For those who're wondering.. I used to go by Halo and Kaede way back when. Does anyone ever see Mydako anymore? ..or, what about that True Omega guy?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast