Thread: Call me Lanie

Call me Lanie

I had my "fortune" read to day by some old Japanese woman my family has known for a while on my mom's side and I was pretty surprised how accurate her reading was without me saying a word. It was a mix of numerology/astrology and card pulling. It was kind of creepy and since she used normal playing cards that I pulled from the deck made it even weirder. She kind of mentioned stuff about me that I've never told anyone so that was cool but I'm not so sure about the other stuff since it's a wait and see kind of thing.

Do you believe in that kind of stuff? I normally don't buy into it but I was kinda freaked out today not gonna lie lol.

Oh yeah if you're wondering about the title: she said something about how I should call myself "lanie" as a nickname (from Melanie) because my last name starts with the letter "L" and it's good luck or some shite...I don't remember I only understood half of what she was saying. I have it written down in some snazzy envelope and apparently I'm the only one allowed to look at it. I'm not saying I believe her but her facts were correct and they were precise. (for example ages of family member's when they died without me even saying they passed etc.)

EDIT: PS the lady knows the family because a couple go for readings often she's not THAT close
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-25-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

Re: Call me Lanie

Not really into that. I'm more of a "what's in front of me" kind of guy. Maybe I'm too logical about things and stuff can be more spiritual or what-have you than they seem. The only way I could explain it is they can be very vague or general in how they describe something to you. I'm a skeptic.

However, doesn't mean it's not interesting or something you could use to help find out more about yourself!

Registered User Call me Lanie

I'd like to have my fortune told to me one of these days. Not one of those "Miss Cleo" type of things, but the ones where you go in the room with beaded curtains and other gaudy decor, the smell of incense burning somewhere, and a little old lady with a crystal ball ready to tell me what the future has in store for me.

I wonder if fortune tellers really do that though, or if that's just what movies like to portray them as?

Anyway, I don't know if I'd believe it or not. I'd have to experience it before I pass my judgement on the matter, but it would be an interesting experience nonetheless.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sort of do and don't. When fortune tellers tell you about your fortune, it's very vague. For example, they'll tell you that you'll be coming into some money or love soon but they can't tell you how you'll get the money or what type of love it'll be. If you're an eighteen year old, it likely you'll come into either eventually as in the best case scenario, you have 40+ years left (that's depressing...) of life to give.

Me and a friend at the time did a Tarot reading one evening, and then moved on to an Ouija board, and it was one of the most freakiest experiences ever. I wasn't convinced that some paranormal entity was moving the glass though - there was too much weight on the glass coming from my friend's side for that. But the Tarot reading didn't say much, and I really don't remember it, but I remember being disappointed with it.

I just believe in good luck. I guess it's a bit of fun though, especially from a cultural perspective.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 01-25-2011 at 04:48 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Lady Succubus Call me Lanie Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cold reading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That. That's what she was doing. You don't need to talk to anyone directly or anything of the sort to know what they're about. And since you were alarmed at the accuracy, your face gave off surprise and she picked up on that.

Certified tech, come at me! Call me Lanie SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fortune telling... where to start with this? I see fortunes from a perspective that not much people would believe in, i see it in a way where things happen according to plan. No fortune tellers can make things happen according to plan of course. It all depends on what you believe in really.

Other than that, getting your fortune told by some person who delves in that stuff i leave to people who are apprehensive about the future. Its pretty dumb which is what i'm trying to say here haha.
    Currently Playing:

My couch pulls out but I don't. Call me Lanie midgetbob's Avatar

Last time I had my cards read it has all turned out as she said it would in year timeline she gave me. The rest of it is stuff that will happen later. I'm usually 50/50 about these kinds of things. I'm never sure what I want to go with... logic or emotion.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Shake it like a polaroid picture Call me Lanie RagnaToad's Avatar

I don't believe in any insight that people might have in the future other than logic and coincidence, which is what 'fortune telling' is based upon. Not some higher cosmic power. So it's not because a 'fortune teller' is right that there's a higher power or whatever assisting him/her.

EDIT: Also Cf. the Mistress' post.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 01-25-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midgetbob View Post
    Last time I had my cards read it has all turned out as she said it would in year timeline she gave me. The rest of it is stuff that will happen later. I'm usually 50/50 about these kinds of things. I'm never sure what I want to go with... logic or emotion.
    By emotion do you mean penis?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

As with most things that haven't been proven beyond all doubt or disproven, I prefer to judge these kinds of things as possible but in some cases unlikely to be plausible.
    I have had some accurate readings in the past, but a good amount of the time they go for a guess, fail and those individuals I don't believe in.

The odd individual has seemed to know a bit though and in two cases specific predictions were made (that is in detail, not the usual open to interpretation crap) that actually came to pass. Even if a coincidence, that kind of thing really draws my notice.
    victoria aut mors

My couch pulls out but I don't. Call me Lanie midgetbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    By emotion do you mean penis?
    If it's Tuesday... most definitely. If it's a day removed from Tuesday? 50/50.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha