Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beta Testers wanted!

HRH Albha Beta Testers wanted! Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Beta Testers wanted!

Attention. Beta Phase is over, the link to the demo is here

Those who even vaguely listen to me (or have seen my signature), will probably know that for the past few years I have been working on a game version of my most successful RP.

Finally I've been able to create a large enough amount of my game to warrant a demo of it, and I'm looking for beta testers from as wide a range and skill as possible to test my game and inform me of any bugs etc.

If you're interested post here and contact me through PM, any questions etc. will be answered in the thread so that those who are curious about some things are not left in the dark.

Current List of Beta Testers:

Palazzo
    Silver
    Raider
    Lowlf
    Loner-kid
    Rocky
    Chez Daja
    joesteel64
    Taco
    Unknown Entity
    Last edited by Aerif; 11-11-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

I'm interested, I've sent you a PM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I must say I'm also intrigued.
    Still, I've helped some friends work out some RPG Maker game bugs before, so if you need another tester, I'll make the time (considering if it's your creation it's bound to be interesting even if it is another FFVII related title).
    Cheers.
    victoria aut mors

Full Time Glompasaurus Beta Testers wanted! Raider's Avatar
    i'll have a go, i've tested other games before
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

The joke is far too true Beta Testers wanted! loner-kid's Avatar
    I have lots of spare time, and I have some experience reviewing games

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Blog Entries
    I've got some spare time handily available, so if you need some RPG expert such as myself, be sure to hit me up! What kind of programs would I need to download to run the game? Are we just looking for the problems, or are you looking for Beta Testers that can give solutions to them, or even go a step further and fix them ourselves? Approximately how long is the game? Just some random questions I guess.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    Everyone who has put their name down has been accepted... I think... I could have accidently left a name out of the list in the first post.

I'm trying to find somewhere to upload it, the file is 128Mb and I'm struggling to find somewhere to host it.

Rocky, at the moment I'm just wanting people to play through the game and inform me of bugs found etc. I'm not entirely sure how long it is but my guess is about half an hour to one hour. I'm pretty certain that you don't need any programs installed to play though that may not be entirely true.

Banners and Stuff:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerif View Post
    Everyone who has put their name down has been accepted... I think... I could have accidently left a name out of the list in the first post.

I'm trying to find somewhere to upload it, the file is 128Mb and I'm struggling to find somewhere to host it.

Rocky, at the moment I'm just wanting people to play through the game and inform me of bugs found etc. I'm not entirely sure how long it is but my guess is about half an hour to one hour. I'm pretty certain that you don't need any programs installed to play though that may not be entirely true.
    Sounds gravy, man. I'm pretty excited to play through it all and see how it turns out! Just curious, how long did it take you to go through and make the RPG? I'm not counting the storyline aspect, I just wanted to see how much time one has to spend on working at the technical aspects of it.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Full Time Glompasaurus Beta Testers wanted! Raider's Avatar
    upload it to megaupload
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I'd be glad to help you out if you're still looking.

I don't have an ideal amount of experience... Uhm... I went... to college. Am I good enough now?

I play a shiteload of games, too.
    Last edited by Chez Daja; 10-07-2008 at 02:51 PM.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    I'd be glad to help you out if you're still looking.

I don't have a deal amount of experience... Uhm... I went... to college. Am I good enough now?

I play a shiteload of games, too.
    Oh dear, there is a chance that you may be over-qualified for this position

So, now I'm up to 7 official TFF beta testers!

I'm trying to upload with Megaupload but my computer keeps getting disconnected from the internet, hopefully I'll get it up. Eventually.

Banners and Stuff:

Bass Player Extraordinaire Beta Testers wanted! Joe's Avatar
    If you'd like another tester, I'd be more than happy to lend my services.

Erm, Not really familiar with working out bugs, but I could play it and see if I could find any!

If you don't like Megaupload, what you could do is, if it has multiple files, compress them with WinRAR, into 100MB or less files, then upload them to Mediafire. It's what I tend to do.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Blog Entries
    Send me a copy, please! Your dear old mum would like a shot at one of these newfangled "video games," as the kids like to call 'em! I'll get my jump drive and transfer it over to my 'puter, and give it a play. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries
    I've been told by two people that the extraction of the game was unsuccessful. Can anybody get it to work?

Banners and Stuff:

Blog Entries
    I've also tried extracting the program after downloading it, and after it gets to a certain point, the extraction stops responding and I can never get it to work. I've tried extracting several times, restarting my computer, etc. and nothing seems to work, so I think it might be on your end, (especially if other people are having the same problems.) so idk.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Beta Testers wanted! Joe's Avatar
    I'm having problems with extraction as well, it locks up at a different point each time, but it's, for me, either at a midi, or at the last/next to last file.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Blog Entries
    Okay I think, I've fixed that little extraction error, I'm re-uploading so expect the link in a PM soon!

PS: The nifty little icon for the game has been removed, it wasn't the problem but I forgot to add it in

Nope, still doesn't work... GRR!
    Last edited by Aerif; 10-09-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Banners and Stuff:

Blog Entries
    Ok Aerif, I downloaded the RGSS102e file, but now I'm having yet another problem in the form of "RGSS-RTP Standard not found." I'm sure you know what it is, so could I get a link to download that as well? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hm... That shouldn't be happening...

I can't believe I've made so many mistakes in preparing the game

Though everything should be fixed with this re-download. It includes everything that's needed.

The problem with the game is that the default encryption only works for people who buy the £30 program, however with the right stuff, (RGSS102e.DLL etc.) it is possible to distribute the games and even sell them if the work is 100% original.

If you could re-download (this time the file-size has been cut and stuff, since the audio has been reworked) then I would be really grateful, the link will come in yet another PM.

Banners and Stuff:

This is just the first phase of beta.

Blog Entries
    Two things I found so far.

One: Although I am not sure if you meant for it or not, during my trek through the NCCS, the FF7 battle theme played throughout the entire time, while once I entered my first battle, there was no music at all. Did you purposely mean for that to happen or what?

Two: Platform key is tagged as a consumable item. I used it on the wrong door and had to reset the game. For the sake of simplicity, do you mind telling me where I need to use the platform key, so I don't misuse it on another door again?

Other then that, everything is fun so far! Nice job guys!
    Last edited by Rocky; 10-10-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    The music went off in battle? That's very strange...

I didn't mean for the Platform key to be a consumable, that was an accident that could've been avoided though I witnessed it's effects.

If you try to enter the double doors that lead to the platform again, make sure you enter the left-hand-side door, the issue is being fixed as we speak but for now the right-hand-side door doesn't work right.

Banners and Stuff:

Blog Entries
    K, I played through the whole demo. Besides the whole grounds key thing, when using the key, the dialogue says "The key card fits!", which is incorrect since you're using a regular key. So I would say either change the key into a key card (which would make more sense since in the NCCS everything is supposed to be replaced by the keycards. Also, I think there was a small typo in the dialogue between the girl that got kidnapped (don't remember her name right now lol) and the older guy. I think she says "I beg you pardon?" instead it should be changed to "I beg your pardon?". Otherwise I can't find anything else after giving the demo over in hour. I'll play through it again if you like but that's all I found at this point.

Sorry. Didn't respond. Most of what I have to say is what Rocky already said.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info Rocky, I'll get right onto fixing those things.

If you saved at the end (To be continued screen) then could you please tell me the total gameplay time on that save file, I want to get an idea as to how long an average playthrough is.

Banners and Stuff:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerif View Post
    Thanks for the info Rocky, I'll get right onto fixing those things.

If you saved at the end (To be continued screen) then could you please tell me the total gameplay time on that save file, I want to get an idea as to how long an average playthrough is.
    I clocked in at 31:35 total, though I probably spent closer to an hour figuring out how to play through it all, testing for typos/glitches/etc. But yeah it was a short but sweet playthrough. The NCCS building was quite large, so I didn't want to miss any of the nooks or crannys.

Maker of Long Posts (Often Offline) Beta Testers wanted! Totakeke777's Avatar
    I hope that I am not too late! Please, I would love to be part of your beta testing program. I have experience with DEBUGGING, PROGRAMMING, and other USEFUL SERVICES. I really need something to do. please. I'll PM you too.
    PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ!!!!!
    My TFF Family:

Anachlirium - My (Over) Loving Grandmother
    Athna Loveil - My Anime Crazed Cousin
    Dark Squall - The God Father
    MC Benny - My Hyperactive (And Imaginative) Bro
    Meier Link - My Aunt's Stepsister's Husband's Brother-In-Law
    *Yesha* - My Hyperactive Sister

Everything is art... But is art everything?

Blog Entries
    Beta Testers wanted!

"..."

The demo has actually been available for over a week...
    Last edited by Aerif; 10-29-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Banners and Stuff:

Maker of Long Posts (Often Offline) Beta Testers wanted! Totakeke777's Avatar
    Oh. I now see the demo signature. Thanks. O.O
    My TFF Family:

Anachlirium - My (Over) Loving Grandmother
    Athna Loveil - My Anime Crazed Cousin
    Dark Squall - The God Father
    MC Benny - My Hyperactive (And Imaginative) Bro
    Meier Link - My Aunt's Stepsister's Husband's Brother-In-Law
    *Yesha* - My Hyperactive Sister

Everything is art... But is art everything?

Beta Testers wanted! Rinoa.Heartilly's Avatar
    This may sound really silly to you, but do you foresee this game being Mac compatible?
    Last edited by Rinoa.Heartilly; 11-02-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast