Thread: Why are vampires always perfect???

All evil will see the light Why are vampires always perfect??? Assassin's Avatar

Why are vampires always perfect???

Every t.v show or movie i watch about vampires (except SUPERNATURAL coz they've shown vampires as horrible, disgusting, blood sucking creatures), they're always sooo perfect. They're rich, cute, popular, strong n just perfect. But i wanna know what you think, do you think the same or don't agree. Sorry for those who like vampires. Its not that i hate them, i dislike them for being perfect.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Re: Why are vampires always perfect???

Vampires are from perfect, but unfortunately the media has conveyed them into dangerous creatures who have a dark romantic side to cater for their 'drama-whore' audience. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, as i myself enjoy the odd vampire drama. However, it would be nice if someone cast vampires in a somewhat different light - maybe making them less 'hero' or 'antihero' and more of a true villainous character like they have been conveyed in older, superstitious texts.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Fueled by Coffee Why are vampires always perfect??? Elise's Avatar

I agree with everything Raven wrote. Materialism is ruling the world, we live in a world intoxicated by the image.

When is the last time a good horror vampire movie was produced?!
    I honestly can't remember!
    I'm starting to give up on Hollywood for producing honest cinematic performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    I'm starting to give up on Hollywood for producing honest cinematic performances.
    Hollywood has become so bloated and deformed by its own mentality that it's become nothing more than a shadow of itself. It's quite sad really. These days, big companies fork out millions of dollars to produce aesthetically pleasing productions, but skimp out on genuine storytelling narratives. I can't remember the last time i saw a decent Hollywood picture without cringing.

The thing that really breaks my heart is - where has the vision gone? What has happened to the unique filmmakers who are trying to bring a different vision to the film industry? They are being knocked down by the coffee-drinking, overweight, heavy-smoking, balding 'executives' who just shine up the same cliche s**t and insert a different scenario in order to fool consumers into thinking its something new.

The modern world may be more free in terms of artistic expression, but there's no point in trying if no one is willing to listen.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

Synthesized Ascension Why are vampires always perfect??? Zardoch's Avatar

The thing that really breaks my heart is - where has the vision gone? What has happened to the unique filmmakers who are trying to bring a different vision to the film industry? They are being knocked down by the coffee-drinking, overweight, heavy-smoking, balding 'executives' who just shine up the same cliche s**t and insert a different scenario in order to fool consumers into thinking its something new.
    Twilight =

Hollywood was licking its chops when Twilight flexed its tiny muscles and the problem with low young female attendance was solved. It has some action that insecure teenage boys love and plenty of fake romance by pretty immortals with a sense of morality for the ladies; oh, and they ****ing sparkle. It's a win-win to those narrow-minded executives who tapped into multiple markets by basically taking vampires and adding hollywood's sense of idiotic morality, of which destroyed the genre in itself. As a result the rest of hollywood saw the money and jumped on the bandwagon. This is why the genre is the way it is now. It's all about the money.

If true fans want to see some better storytelling...well...you're going to have to write it yourself. The shitty vamp trend is in full effect, so convincing studios and their executives of actually risking trying something new instead of using the same cash-cow formula is pointless. It's like trying to tell Infinity Ward not to make another mediocre FPS that is broken, when they know millions of teenagers and their parents will shell out anything to keep their kids entertained with such trash.

In conclusion, either find something that will make more money than Twilight or simply wait a few years until the trend dies with multiple stab wounds to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardoch View Post
    If true fans want to see some better storytelling...well...you're going to have to write it yourself. The shitty vamp trend is in full effect, so convincing studios and their executives of actually risking trying something new instead of using the same cash-cow formula is pointless. It's like trying to tell Infinity Ward not to make another mediocre FPS that is broken, when they know millions of teenagers and their parents will shell out anything to keep their kids entertained with such trash.

In conclusion, either find something that will make more money than Twilight or simply wait a few years until the trend dies with multiple stab wounds to the chest.
    I may just have to take it upon myself to write a decent novel involving vampires and other such mythical creatures. Better than all this other garbage.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

Aspiring Author Why are vampires always perfect??? SeleneHime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenZecht View Post
    I may just have to take it upon myself to write a decent novel involving vampires and other such mythical creatures. Better than all this other garbage.
    What do you know - One of my novels is under this same principle.

But, really, it's extremely sad how vampires cater to poorly written romantic drama now. And, to be entirely honest, the "sparkling" fad of Twilight screams that its not meant to be taken seriously. What people need for this subgenre to regain any respect is a novel where the vampires are portrayed in several different ways, and not in a contemporary setting.

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Quote Originally Posted by SeleneHime View Post
    What do you know - One of my novels is under this same principle.

But, really, it's extremely sad how vampires cater to poorly written romantic drama now. And, to be entirely honest, the "sparkling" fad of Twilight screams that its not meant to be taken seriously. What people need for this subgenre to regain any respect is a novel where the vampires are portrayed in several different ways, and not in a contemporary setting.
    I couldn't agree more. I've had an idea in my mind for a while now to write a novel with a vampire lead who lives in a small town and ends up being expelled from the town after he is discovered to be a vampire. From there, he ends up on a journey with a cast of other odd characters as they travel the world and aim to restore a human princess' kingdom from an evil empire. Not really that original, but i think having a mixture of different fictional creatures (vampires, yetis, etc) would make it into a more interesting and appealing series.

SeleneHime, you so better not copy this from me
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

I couldn't agree more. I've had an idea in my mind for a while now to write a novel with a vampire lead who lives in a small town and ends up being expelled from the town after he is discovered to be a vampire. From there, he ends up on a journey with a cast of other odd characters as they travel the world and aim to restore a human princess' kingdom from an evil empire. Not really that original, but i think having a mixture of different fictional creatures (vampires, yetis, etc) would make it into a more interesting and appealing series.

SeleneHime, you so better not copy this from me
    *Laughs.* I wouldn't dream of it. Too fluffy for my writing. I write mostly Dark Fantasy, with a dash of Epic on the side. My vampire novel is set in a "world-gone-wrong" archetype, except that I don't use earth continents/countries. In my world, vampires are magically "enhanced" humans. Experimentation at making the human race hardier, per say. And they've been around for around 3000 years.

And, I'm deliberately invoking a question that's always bugged me about vampire stories: If they're so powerful, why aren't they in charge? So, yeah, the human race is enslaved and bred like cattle for feeding/labor purposes.

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray

SoY Extras

Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

I invented Go-Gurt. Why are vampires always perfect??? Clint's Avatar

Vampires are "perfect" because they're all fags.

Quote Originally Posted by SeleneHime View Post
    *Laughs.* I wouldn't dream of it. Too fluffy for my writing. I write mostly Dark Fantasy, with a dash of Epic on the side. My vampire novel is set in a "world-gone-wrong" archetype, except that I don't use earth continents/countries. In my world, vampires are magically "enhanced" humans. Experimentation at making the human race hardier, per say. And they've been around for around 3000 years.

And, I'm deliberately invoking a question that's always bugged me about vampire stories: If they're so powerful, why aren't they in charge? So, yeah, the human race is enslaved and bred like cattle for feeding/labor purposes.
    Now that sounds like a terrific idea, i love the sound of that. There's a movie that sounds similar to the world you're describing. It has Sam Neill and Willem Dafoe in it, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It was about vampires ruling the world and humans were hunted for their blood. Basically vampires live like we modern humans do - go to work at the office, own their own homes, etc.

If i remember what it was called i'll PM you xD
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

Bananarama Why are vampires always perfect??? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why not make something ridiculous, like about an average dude who works the night shift at a 7-11... who happens to be a vampire. Why does vampire shit always have to become so "epic" and always so much about cheesy love stories?

Cause really, vampires aren't that cool and they've been overdone.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why not make something ridiculous, like about an average dude who works the night shift at a 7-11... who happens to be a vampire. Why does vampire shit always have to become so "epic" and always so much about cheesy love stories?

You raise a good point, but honestly would anyone watch a movie about a vampire working at 7/11? Maybe if it was like a murder mystery or something surrounding the store.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

Now that sounds like a terrific idea, i love the sound of that. There's a movie that sounds similar to the world you're describing. It has Sam Neill and Willem Dafoe in it, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It was about vampires ruling the world and humans were hunted for their blood. Basically vampires live like we modern humans do - go to work at the office, own their own homes, etc.

If i remember what it was called i'll PM you xD
    Yeah, I did hear that there was something like that, except my setting is a more medieval-stasis. Even after that long, it counts as that because they weren't given the freedom to continue to grow. Mageblood, as the novel is called, draws off of both historical facts and my own interpretation of a possible type of vampire, as well as a mage's capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Well, the real reason vampires are looked down upon is because of the fad stories, ones that lack quality. If someone wrote a serious novel about them again, one that did well, they might regain a little of that lost respect. And it becomes epic in most cases because of the possibilities that the race presents us with.

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray

SoY Extras

Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Oh, My Giddy Aunt! Why are vampires always perfect??? The Doctor's Avatar

Well, they are repulsive, aren't they? Haemovores, Plasmavores and Sisters of the Water. Never really saw them as perfect. Two of the aforementioned smell like fish and the other can't drink tea. Not perfect.

I would suppose because parasites seem to have such an effortless and blessed life in comparison to those who earn good things with hard work. Everyone would like an effortless existence. Kind of some sort of psychology higgorey-hokery-pokery business.

Vampires are perfect because of the long lives they can live. If you live for a couple hundred years, I'd hope you learned how to be rich and shit.

Unless you're Wolverine or some shit.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Why are vampires always perfect??? Diyala's Avatar

Because If they didn't have these qualities they would be as similar as animals ,or worst !monsters that finds pleasure in causing others pain , besides they would look disgusting with their bloody fangs that you wouldn't like to watch them at all .

Consistently Average Why are vampires always perfect??? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do agree with what Pete said, there needs to be a movie or whatever in which no love triangles, sparkling or removing of shirts take place. Was it the guy who was a vampire (Edward?) that had a habit of taking off his shirt or was it the werewolf? I really dont know. I remember watching Daybreakers and thinking it was a nice change from the current vampire trend. They looked normal enough, no hair product etc and they looked kinda classy plus they'd turn into the vampires of lore if they where deprived of human blood for too long. Unfortunately that's all i can remember from that film but if anything it proves that there's a ray of light in the vampire genre.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Oh, My Giddy Aunt! Why are vampires always perfect??? The Doctor's Avatar

There was a book called "Midnight Mass" that was written by F. Paul Wilson(A veteran and respected writer). The vampires were NOT Edward Cullens or Anne Rice clones, and their lackeys were threatening and real. Unfortunately, there was a movie. It was a cinematic abortion of the book, though.

But no, to be honest, it will be a long time before the Vampire movie or Vampire book will be respectable again. Just reread Dracula. That works for me.