Thread: What should i do now?

Fading into a dream What should i do now? Dean Winchester's Avatar

What should i do now?

I have trouble gaining weight due to my metabolism being high, its a losing battle because whatever little weight i due gain i lose it within 2 or 3 days. I know that sounds ridiculous and non believable but i wouldn't lie about something like this.

But now that i've gotten back from my trip i've gotten sick and i don't know what i ate to have caused it. I can't stomach anything but salads and water, neither fill me up. So with my already current problem with my metabolism i've had a hard time now that this has been added i just feel like not eating at all.

I can't stop going to the bathroom, I don't know if i should see that as a good or bad thing because i wasn't really able to go before.

Should i just bide it out a couple more days or just go to the doctor already?

Sig and ave made by Violet, thanks again Violet!

Shake it like a polaroid picture What should i do now? RagnaToad's Avatar
    If you're back is sensitive and you have pain in your legs or stuff like that, it's a flu.

If you can only take water and salads, I'd go and see a doctor. Try drinking some coca-cola and eat dry biscuits, it should be possible to eat that.

Maybe take some Immodium (against diarhoea) or Motilium (against nausea)? Though I don't know if those medicines exist in the US too, or if they have the same effect, so be careful.

Well to start off I feel your pain with your metabolism, i too have a very fast one. It makes it to where I can fluxuate 5-10 LBS a week. Here a few things I have done to help gain weight.

1: Stop drinking pop, drink water. Pop will not hydrate you as well as straight water. By increasing water levels in your body you can actually gain and maintain weight. Also soda is an appitite supressant. One or 2 pops a day is fine just don't drink them around meal times.

2: Eat more. Simply by doing what I recommended in step one you will notice that you can actually pack away alot more food. Down fall is you still are constantly hungry. Also you can try breaking meals up from 2-3 times a day to 5-6. Eating smaller portions but eating just as much if not more through out the day. This allows your digestion system have time to properly digest the food you are putting into it.

3: Exercise. I have recently became more physically active and this has helped in quite a few ways. The wife and I have been going for walks, I wear ancke weights. Push ups and sit ups.

Now onto the later problem. For the constantly going to the restroom. This is going to happen when you are only eating salads and drinking water. Excessive amounts of water will make you pee because they pass through your system fairly fast and well salad and any greens will naturally make you need to shit. Rufiage is a natural laxative so if it is all you are eating then it is inevitable that you are going to be more frequant in the john.

Really any type of bread by porduct will help you out in retaining foods and help to supress your hunger for the most part. Instead of Coke I would have to recommend something like 7-up. It is healthier for you, less prone to upset a stomach and it won't dehydrate you as bad.

I say try out what Ragna said with the pills, I am sure the first one is availible in the states but not quite sure on the second but you can aska pharmasist to aid you in finding something simular. If symtoms get worse go to a doctor but I say give it a few more days and get plenty of rest.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 08-19-2009 at 05:24 AM. Reason: forgot to finish a thought.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    In my area at least the brand name Motilium does not exist, however we do carry other anti-nausea medicine. The one we carry at my store is the store brand and is simply called anti-nausea lol. But I do agree, check with your pharmacist first, they can give you much more detailed information on a course of OTC treatment, particularly if two medicines may interact or counteract each other somehow.

For an upset stomach, warm ginger ale and saltines rarely come back up (in my experience) so you could try them. Also, if you keep those down, warm (not hot) chicken broth. Toast if you think you can handle it.

It sounds like you do need to get some form of fiber in you. The medicine will help but the waste products of your digestion need something to bind to in order to form, er, substance. Gross I know, but true.

If you try medicine and such and it's still not working after say, two days, you need to see your doctor. Sometimes common ailments can mask a more serious condition, or it may be that you just need a stronger, more targeted medication. Either way it's not something your body can deal with for an extended period of time.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I invented Go-Gurt. What should i do now? Clint's Avatar
    The pooping problem is happening simply because you're only drinking water and only eating salads. Try eating pasta for every single one of your meals for a day. That should block you up for a few days. Then keep eating pasta, start drinking a lot of beer, and work out. By doing that, you would put weight on, and you wouldn't have to crap so much. It's probably not the most healthy way for going about gaining weight, but the important thing is that it works.

Back in August of 2007, I my weight was 250. I began to slowly not eat as much, also I was getting a decent work out from work. Within 5 months I lost 80 pounds. I then was worried at my weight because well, I wasn't eating a lot. Honestly, you shouldn't be worrying, that if you gain 2 pounds and then lose that 2 pounds the next day. Now if it's constant weight lose, meaning you aren't gaining any and losing, but you are straight losing weight, you might want to get that checked out.

As far as your sickness? You could have caught the flu maybe, take some Theraflu, drink some water, get some protein and eat veggies and fruits more often. Also try getting your fiber up more.

Che
    For starters, I'd not go on whatever trip you just went on that caused you all these problems.

Became A Hero What should i do now? ZantetsukenZack's Avatar
    Hmm, If you truly belive it is a big enough issue maybe the doctor would be best. That way you can make sure there isn't a bigger issue. I think the doctor could help with your bathroom and weight loss issue at once, in the healthiest way.

Fading into a dream What should i do now? Dean Winchester's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips guys, i have the appointment for next wednesday.

I'll update again after that

Sig and ave made by Violet, thanks again Violet!