View Poll Results: Drink of choice?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caffeine dude! Ultra reactionz.

11 35.48%
  • Water? I'm just playing an RPG by myself on a friday.

8 25.81%
  • Something with alcohol. 10x the fun!

7 22.58%
  • Sports drink. I bring the sugar without the caffeine.

0 0%
  • I don't drink, I just smoke weed.

3 9.68%
  • I drink doritos.

2 6.45%

Thread: Best drink for gaming?

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Best drink for gaming? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best drink for gaming?

I know the cliche drink for gamers is probably an energy drink. Lots of caffeine = wide awake, faster reactions, etc. But that's competitive gaming. What about us casuals? Assuming you're all casual like me... It's possible that some of you are pros, but I've got a PhD too (PM me any questions related to medical shit if you want).

So what's your casual gaming drink of choice? Have a few friends over...Just chillin bro. Etc.

Air from my lungs. Best drink for gaming? Violet's Avatar

Re: Best drink for gaming?

CAFFIENEE!! <33. Pepsi . Me and my friends don't drink alcohol when we're together... only for special occasions. We're pretty much all lightweights, so it's why we don't bother with it. I always serve Pepsi, juice, or water. When I'm playing a game, I prefer Pepsi or chocolate milk.. whatever's in the fridge atm.

Oh, and I drink Pepsi because I like it. I already stay up pretty late without the assistance of any energy drink.
    Last edited by Violet; 06-04-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Registered User Best drink for gaming?

Well, I don't care much for soda or energy drinks, so I prefer to drink a glass of sweet iced tea if I feel I need some caffeine in my system for those long hours of late-night gaming. Most of the time though, I just drink ice water with some lemon juice squirted and stirred in.

So yeah... Those are my gaming drinks of choice. Actually, those are my anytime drinks of choice.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Best drink for gaming? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Uhhh chad, My answer is in two different slots. What do I do? I smokes me a bit o weed and haves me a little drinky poo. Makes everything better and I don't get mad at my little guy for not doing wtf I told him to do. Instead win...lose...it's all good. -_-

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Blog Entries

Beer. Or hard A. Plus Street Fighter 4 = hilarity, in some cases. Although soda is nice, too. I just love playing my vids, given the right atmosphere or mood. There's actually an arcade in Portland called Ground Control that doubles as a bar at night. They also have shows in that place, or so I'm told. And they sell used NES, SNES, and Genesis games (and systems! I got my Duo Retro there.) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Best drink for gaming? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Usually, I just drink whatever I have in the fridge, which is usually Dr.Pepper/Irn Bru/Coca Cola. Nothing beats a nice cool drink when you're level grinding.

Bananarama Best drink for gaming? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll usually just drink water, unless I'm playing with my friends. Then we'll crack a few beers and let hilarity ensue. I've never really been a soda person, and I'm a pretty laid back gamer, so I don't really care about getting all hopped up on caffeine to get some extra kills or anything like that. I play to win and if I don't, I don't. No need for an extra edge for me.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Best drink for gaming? Xanatos's Avatar

It really depends what I'm in a mood for, company, and what's in the fridge. Since I'm not a caffeine type it's usually some kind of juice, tea, hot choco, even a glass of water. When it comes to alcohol, occasionally I have a beer or two with my friends, but then gaming stops being our top priority.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Best drink for gaming? kupo's Avatar

usually i just have some juice or something. but i always seem to get more done when i drink something alcoholic; but not too much of course, then nothing gets done

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    What about us casuals?
    Let's watch our terminology here. I don't want to be associated with Wiimoms and farmville junkies. We may not be pro, but the vast majority of us are core gamers. Elitist semantics? Absolutely.

Alcohol is good when playing split screen multiplayer, which means it almost never happens anymore. Some four player competitive Halo or CoD can be made far more enjoyable with the right blood alcohol level. Loser takes the shot selected by the winner was fun until it became evident that I was going to be the loser 90% of the time and everyone else found out how much I hate whiskey.

Otherwise, I'll have to go with the caffeine thing. Not energy drinks though. I hate those things. Give me a good cup of coffee or caffeinated tea when doing the single player thing and I'm golden.
    Last edited by Jin; 06-05-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Until now!

Registered User Best drink for gaming? winterborn86's Avatar

I pretty much just stick to my water day in day out, so it also becomes the gamer drink too
    I didn't know caffine gave faster reactions, I might have to drink a massive cup of coffee the next time I play CoD, might actually get higher than last place for a change.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Alcohol. Mixed drinks pref but I've done everything.

I'll kick ass but 50% chance I won't remember until someone tells me. Lol.

It's gotten bad enough that the entire server has been surprised when I'm on sober... probably a bad sign.

The Brave Best drink for gaming?

Arrow Re: Best drink for gaming?

I don't really know about this. In my opinion, when you play games, you should simply not drink anything until you have finished playing. That way, it should not be too distracting.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Best drink for gaming? Polk's Avatar

whenever i pwn noobs i slam a god damn mother****ing dew to let them know i am the king of the ring dont you even come near me with that weak ass shit who do you think you are kid

I like Dr. Pepper a lot. I've developed an unhealthy addiction to iced tea lately, as well. I don't necessarily set aside certain drinks for gaming.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

What the F*CK is wrong with you Che!? where is Kool-Aid in the poll?

Kool-Aid > ALL even Dr. Pepper.

Well, when I play games its usually Kool-Aid for some reason, but I prefer tea any time (:

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Kool Aid and Dr. pepper.

The best.

Also beer, lots and lots of beer.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Sir Prize Best drink for gaming? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I'm cruising through an FF or Retroing a Megaman game or even playing an MMO...I like to be completely shitfaced, that way If I do really well I can say "it's because I'm an awesome gamer when I'm drunk," or if I come out poorly, it's cause I'm...really drunk. Ironically I usually perform better than average with things that require a short reaction time.

Also...I agree with Jin. And if we're breaking down into groups, it's pretty safe to say that the majority of us are more than hobbyists when it comes to games, we just all have different areas of expertise.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 06-06-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

The Bird Of Hermes Best drink for gaming? Dancing_Corpse's Avatar

Iced green tea to calm me down and stop me destroying my tv

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually have a glass of squash or Coke. Squash is more frequent lately though. Tea is nice too, but I usually forget about it until it's cold.

Out of all the times I used to drink strong amounts of caffeine, I not once noticed that my reactions were any better. If anything, I was more awake and hyper, and more likely to make a mistake because I'm pumped up.

For some reason, my game seems to be improved when I'm slightly tipsy. Just relaxed and tipsy. I don't enjoy the feeling of being drunk, and it's quite rare when I do drink, but a cold bottle of Busweiser is my favourite gaming alcohol drink.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Multiplayer party games (Mario Party/Mario Kart/etc): Starts with beer, gradually moves up to Red Drank and Rum.

Competitive Games (Halo): Lipton Green Tea

RPG/level grinding games: Redbull
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    What the F*CK is wrong with you Che!? where is Kool-Aid in the poll?
    The poll is racist. No grape drink either.

Until now!

The Mad God Best drink for gaming? Heartless Angel's Avatar

My drink of choice would have to be Spike Shotgun. That shit is ridiculous. The can is completely covered in warning labels, so it must be good! Tastes great, and has enough caffiene to keep you twitchy for a straight day or more. I don't recommend it to caffiene lightweights however, can says if you've never had it before, only to drink half the can over a 4 hour period to determine tolerance... It's that awesome.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User Best drink for gaming? Satrus's Avatar

when I am tierd and playing a game I get me a Dr.Pepper then I am full energy agin

From the ruins of Zanarkand Best drink for gaming? Yuna's Avatar

Glasses of Orange Fanta and Coca cola (not togheter, obviously LOL), with a lot of Ice and lemon...I want it NOW ! =D

Registered User Best drink for gaming? Kaiden's Avatar

Iced Tea is something I drink a ton of. I chose water cause if I don't have ice tea around, I drink water. Although when my friends and I get together there is usually beer involved. Most of them don't play video games anymore though, so sad.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar

When I'm with my best friend, we'll drink kronnenburg and smoke a little. (Not weed, just regular rollies). It's nice just getting slightly tipsy and gaming. It usually leads to somekind of heart to heart too.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Ellipsis Best drink for gaming? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Regular water. It's always refreshing when it's cold, especially in the summer.

...Yeah, like now.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Registered User Best drink for gaming? darknesse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love either a nice cool can of coke, or a hot chocolate (milo) depending on the time of day, temperture and start formations. If niether are avaliable, usually cordial, though that is kind of rare these days
    ~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruin

Embrace the night my friends