Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beards or no beards?

Boxer of the Galaxy Beards or no beards? Rowan's Avatar

Beards or no beards?

The answer is always beards. What does the rest of TFF think? What kinda stats do beards bring?
    Do you want to grow a beard?
    Can you even grow a beard?
    Tips for growing beards?
    Maintaining beards?
    What colour is your beard?
    Do you style your beard? (straighten it perhaps?)

I am not sexist. This thread applies both to men and women.

Death Before Dishonor Beards or no beards? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can you even grow a beard? But of course, been cultivating this bitch since September.

Tips for growing beards? Crack... It is key to growing a beard.

Maintaining beards? I grow facial hair at a pretty decent rate therefore I do have to do some trimming and maintaining. Cause if I don't this shit gets nasty looking and all over the place.

What colour is your beard? When it is first starting out it is blonde, but when it gets longer it gets brown with a weird ass red tint to it.

Do you style your beard? (straighten it perhaps?) I don't really style it unless you count trimming/grooming.

Beards or no beards?-1476137_10201154701858426_1324522015_n-jpg

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I have been blessed with a full evenly growing beard.

I haven't "shaved" in over a year. I get my beard trimmed every few months to make it look nice.

Maintaining a a beard yourself can be tough without clippers.
    Shave I guess to help grow it, that's what I've always been told and I started shaving when I was in the 8th grade cause I had some peach fuzz.
    Brown
    I keep the center going long and the rest trimmed up looking nice. Everyone says I have this "captain" look.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I invented Go-Gurt. Beards or no beards? Clint's Avatar
    Can you even grow a beard? Of course I can. I'm an 83 year old man, or something like that. I was born in 1930, so that would make me 84, actually. I would go back and correct myself, but I'm 84, and barely know how to use a computer. Where the **** is the backspace? Anyway, I'm 84 years old, so yes, I can grow a beard.

Tips for growing beards? Don't shave.

Maintaining beards? Don't shave. Also, semen.

What colour is your beard? My beard is the color of my hair, which is white, if you believe I'm the real Clint Eastwood, and blond, if you don't believe I'm the real Clint Eastwood.

Do you style your beard? No, it just kind of grows, and then I cut it, and then it grows again. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I have been blessed with a full evenly growing beard.

I haven't "shaved" in over a year. I get my beard trimmed every few months to make it look nice.

Maintaining a a beard yourself can be tough without clippers.
    Shave I guess to help grow it, that's what I've always been told and I started shaving when I was in the 8th grade cause I had some peach fuzz.
    Brown
    I keep the center going long and the rest trimmed up looking nice. Everyone says I have this "captain" look.

That's an Admiral but yes. I can do that shit on the sides and yes on the bottom.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    That's an Admiral but yes. I can do that shit on the sides and yes on the bottom.
    Admiral outranks a captain. Your beard is certainly worthy of admiral status.

Can you even grow a beard? Unfortunately... no. :<

Just kidding. I love this thread for all its awesomeness. <3 I love beards, love isn't even enough! *.* If a man has no beard, he's not at all sexually attractive for me. (Must be because most men without beard in my age [20-25] look like they're about 10 years younger than they really are...)
    Sadly, I seem to be a minority. I know many women who don't like beards at all. (I hate when women say that a beard tickles or scratches them when they kiss a man... the f*ck it does. You don't feel a beard when you kiss someone. Seriously.) Most women even tell their boyfriends to shave regularly. (Even though some of them would really like to grow a beard...)

tl;dr: beard => orgasm |D

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Freya knows.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love a good, well kept beard. I don't like it when my boyfriend shaves, and his face is all smooth. I like it a bit rough!

I don't like it when it gets too long though, so he's put me in charge of keeping it just how I like it. He'd been cultivating this beast of a beard for five months, but we both got annoyed with it. He let me trim it, but I had the clippers on a low setting, and... Bye-bye beard. It was a bit of a shock to see him with stubble after so long. It was quite nice...

I'm not attracted to clean shaven men. A nice amount of stubble is lovely, at a minimum. <3

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Beards or no beards?
    Beards are cool. I don't like shaving much so most of the time I have one but have to get rid of it every time I get a job interview.

Unfortunately they don't seem present in games much. Play as female characters more often anyway but I'd like to have more beard options. GTAV has some ok ones for the main characters but not enough. Deadly Premonition has good beard physics which is why it's a shame there's no agent honor bonus for maxing it out.

Queen Beards or no beards? Crescent's Avatar
    Theres no way around this..I am utterly repulsed by beards. I like my men clean, classy, neat, presentable n well groomed theres a reason you need to be for a job interview. Ive never been with a man with a beard before for a reason it would make me convulse in plain honesty, because to me their beard acts like a make-shift napkin and will catch random food and bugs in there. And have you ever seen a man with a beard get food in his beard? Absolutely revolting! It reminds me of pubes honestly.

A lil bit of stubble is sexy tho for me this is as far as Id like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Theres no way around this..I am utterly repulsed by beards. I like my men clean, classy, neat, presentable n well groomed theres a reason you need to be for a job interview. Ive never been with a man with a beard before for a reason it would make me convulse in plain honesty, because to me their beard acts like a make-shift napkin and will catch random food and bugs in there. And have you ever seen a man with a beard get food in his beard? Absolutely revolting! It reminds me of pubes honestly.

Still utterly repulsed?

Cmon, I'm a man and I still find him dreamy. Thats about the gayest thing you'll ever hear me say.
    Last edited by Rowan; 05-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.

The Mad God Beards or no beards? Heartless Angel's Avatar

You definitely don't need a babyface to interview. I neaten my beard up of course, but I've worn a beard for every interview I've had, and I've landed every job I've applied for. I currently work for a fortune 100 company.

Also, most of my job interviews have been conducted by a dude with a beard.

I can think of five US presidents who wore beards off the top of my head.

Beards can be classy if well kept.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Crescent I went to my last job interview with my beard hitting an inch under my chin. I'm still at that same job. Only reason a beard should be a reason you didn't get the job is if it was a rule at the place like Disneyland back in the day. I see people at the deli at a grocery store with beards. Just have to wear a jock strap on your chin.

Whoever gets food stuck in their beard and doesn't clean it is gross and that is insulting to someone like me. You are hanging around the worst kind of bearded people.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Well thats great to hear for all your job interviews. I knew I shouldve put "most" but it is more than safe to assume in most workplaces beards are looked down upon esp when applying for jobs tho I notice many more bearded men working the IT field. Nope Loaf I dont hang around any bearded men in my social circle none appraoch me which is probably for the best considering my opinion of them. 2 of my ex bfs felt the exact same way as I about beards. Just looks scruffy, all the time Im just wondering what forms of life are hidden underneath all that bush. Still, for all u guys with beards out there who keep theirs trimmed, well kempt or not, and Rowan altho he has gorgeous piercing blue eyes kinda like yours, YES. I still am very repulsed by beards. Period. That is my personal preference.

It's your face. Grow what u like, on it.

I aint mad at what you like.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Even though you are repulsed by my beard, how could I ignore such sweet comments about my eyes. I aint mad either. Such a nice person.

Aw u guys both being so nice to me...ur creeping me out =D

But Im happy your not mad I think a real man wouldn't care if women hated beards but then are still always gentle towards them. I have my other reasons for not liking beards too which im sure all guys like, ..one of my favourite things on a man is their jawline. I like to see and feel the shape of a mans lips and jaw when Iam in the mood..hmm .imgur.com/o5LtwKu

I cant do that to you if u have a beard see but thats ok I'll shave it all off while u sleep.

[B]I like my men clean, classy, neat, presentable n well groomed theres a reason you need to be for a job interview.
    James Garfield, Ulysses Grant, Benjamin Harrison, Rutherford Hayes, and Abraham Lincoln had beards. Were they not presentable and professional enough to be the President of the United States?

I cant do that to you if u have a beard see but thats ok I'll shave it all off while u sleep.
    That's disrespectful. You stated before that people should grow what they want on their face, yet you would shave them in their sleep. That's also contradicting. That would be equivalent of somebody shaving your head in your sleep. If you woke up with a buzz cut tomorrow morning, how pissed would you be?

G'day Beards or no beards? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like beards. Some guys look nice with a beard and some don't. They can also make you look a bit more mature. My partner has a beard thing, (more over grown facial hair really,) most of the time and I like it! I actually prefer him with facial hair. His beard looks kinda red so I call him gingerbeard man sometimes haha.

Rowan, your beard is lovely! Che also looks good with facial hair and without.

Quote Originally Posted by Christ Eastwood View Post
    James Garfield, Ulysses Grant, Benjamin Harrison, Rutherford Hayes, and Abraham Lincoln had beards. Were they not presentable and professional enough to be the President of the United States?
    Yes but beards were alot more socially acceptable back then than they are now. They're not presentable to many employers. I dont think having a beard would make you any less of a professional in the workplace but times have changed and image has become a huge part in our business culture. I know for a fact that most employers would not hire u based purely on ur appearance esp if u had a beard well groomed or not(esp not!). It comes down to what field ur looking for work in. Its unacceptable in one of mine, the modelling industry esp castings for both males and females.

That's disrespectful. You stated before that people should grow what they want on their face, yet you would shave them in their sleep. That's also contradicting. That would be equivalent of somebody shaving your head in your sleep. If you woke up with a buzz cut tomorrow morning, how pissed would you be?
    I was joking

Yes but beards were alot more socially acceptable back then than they are now. They're not presentable to many employers. I dont think having a beard would make you any less of a professional in the workplace but times have changed and image has become a huge part in our business culture.
    Image has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to perform a job. Any employer who cares about image over performance is an employer not worth working for. There is nothing unprofessional about a beard. Hair grows naturally on my face. Is it unprofessional to have eyebrows?

Image has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to perform a job.

Cmon lets not split hairs here (hehe), But face it(haha), no employer knows how good you are until they see you perform. So they judge you purely on how you present yourself, both physically and professionally. Thats how it works, and it ****ing sucks, but hey, the first step forward is the step where we can face the hard truths. I also speak from experience as someone who has interviewed and hired people.

That's exactly the reason why you self-employ and start your own business. Who in their right mind is going to tolerate being qualified for a job, yet being passed over for having facial hair? That makes no sense. I don't see the correlation between hair, and job qualification. If you're qualified, you're qualified. Who gives a shit if you have a genetic predisposition for growing hair on your face?

Image has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to perform a job.
    Im a model so...

There is nothing unprofessional about a beard. Hair grows naturally on my face.
    A beard in and of itself is not un-professional. This can also be more of a question of company culture (much like dress code)along with being qualified for the designated job.

Is it unprofessional to have eyebrows?
    iv4M41rv3c4z But eyebrows can get bushy n scraggly at times so like facial hair they could do with bit of trimming, waxing or a few quick tweezes here n there. Something as simple as having an excess of facial hair could lose the business money. Yes you may think your scruffy wiry beard looks cool, but many clients will not and will make judgments about the quality and professionalism of your company based off face to face meetings. A client is not going to want to spend $50k on a project with u if u look scruffy and flaky. Its part of business and makes perfect sense that someone needs to fulfill both the skill and presentation area for a company if they intend to make it far (in an area that deals with client interaction).

Saying "its his face he can do what he wants with it" is fine, but its also the companies money and clients, and they can send who they want and feel who best represents them. If you look scruffy why should the company promote/hire you to a position that could have client interaction? Your skill is useless if you cant get the client to want the service.

This is the reality unfortunately but you'd be surprised how far that gets you.

Registered User Beards or no beards?
    Have to give my two cents and say interviews as they are now are bull. If employers actually cared for their companies the process would involve actually seeing whether they can do the job rather than an hour of meaningless formalities and "correct" answers.

#LOCKE4GOD Beards or no beards? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been clean shaven since... my brother's wedding nearly a year ago. He's almost got his first child. Although I keep it really short, with a once over with clippers once or twice a week to keep it at about the level of a number 2.

I don't think I actually look better with a beard, unless I've just trimmed it so it's on point. But my girlfriend is adamant that I have to have one. She says it feels like she's making out with a child if I don't have it.

And I'm ****ing whipped so I keep it.

Why are you paying attention to his replies/opinions? its usually from the perspective of him imitating the Eastwood man himself, engaging him is pointless, his presence here.. Pointless, every single one of his posts just causes me to scroll more, I thought everybody got that? im surprised he's kept it up so long, its not even funny, poor fella..

Anyway, my facial hair is trim/tidy and sexay!

Although I can't grow a proper beard I have fair hair, it takes ages for me to grow a beard, the longer it gets the more patchy it gets, I'll grow a long one when I can one day for a laugh, but I predict it will be itchy as hell and a pain in the ass to groom, the hair on the top of my head takes enough time..

Crash Boom Bang Beards or no beards? Lily's Avatar
    I like facial hair, but only to admire. its damn prickly ): im sure he protest grows it because I wont shave my legs for ages though....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast