Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Awkward urinals

Awkward urinals

I've been wondering this for a while, and thought I'd ask. This is mainly a question for the guys. Don't you find it kind of strange going wee wee next to another dude in the bathroom? I mean you guys have to stand next to each other an whip out your junk. Or do you guys do that with each other all the time ? What about the places that are super crowded where you have to stand super close to each other?

Random, I know but I always wondered. If I were a guy, I would feel awkward as hell. What would you do if you caught another guy trying to sneak a peak?

I asked a few guys and the answers are usually different, but the majority, for the most part is no. How come?
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-06-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    most guys go by the norm that if there are at least three urinals, person A would walk in first and take the far left one, than person B would take the far right one, leaving at least one urinal empty between the two people. If person A takes the middle one, then person B can take either urinal, because it's not a big deal for that person. At least that's how it works for me.

Also, some small talk is allowed between using the urinals if you are friends with that person. If you don't know them, then it can gets awkward so conversation rarely happens in that instance. Most guys don't look at each other's junk, so I don't think that happens that often.

Sometimes us guys do whip out our junk around each other, like in the locker room for example. We don't have time to be modest, we just take our showers, and if some guy sees us flopping around getting all fresh and clean after working out or whatever, then so be it. It's not a big deal for us guys.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Bananarama Awkward urinals Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with what Rocky said.

If possible, you keep a one urinal buffer zone, and unless it's just you and a buddy, you keep talking to a minimum. Most places/ bars I've been to have ads or newspaper articles above the urinal at eye level just so you have something to look at as you piss.

Also as Rocky said, when you're in a locker room situation, sometimes you don't have time to cover up. At the same time, it's not something you really take time and look at. You really shouldn't be focusing on anything but yourself in a locker room. It's kind of like background scenery that you don't pay attention to. But when you're standing at the urinals, you NEVER check out what anyone else is packing. It's an invitation to an ass kicking.
    Last edited by Pete; 10-06-2009 at 09:07 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I do what you can't. Awkward urinals Sasquatch's Avatar
    I honestly don't give a damn. I mean hell, I've been in the Army for seven years. I've peed in the same urinal as other guys at the same time -- as many of us could fit into a semi-circle around it. I've played poker while on a toilet, in a room with six toilets and nothing to separate them (ironically, the only time I've ever gotten a natural Royal Flush). I've leaned on other guys while I peed on the side of a building (drunk) or a berm (severe concussion). And we've all had to see each others' junk, one way or another -- shower, pee test, or just showing off, like getting somebody with "the goat". I've got nothing to be ashamed of.

I usually go to the urinals at the far end of the bathroom, but that's an issue with PTSD and wanting to see the entire room, not with being afraid of being next to another penis.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

I usually just use a stall but I really don't care about the urinal shit, I mean you always avoid the closest distance with someone else but if you have to, just keep your eyes ahead.

The Old Skool Warrior Awkward urinals LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loaf, I'd hope no one has to worry about urinal shit. After all, that's what stalls are for.

I think the general consensus is (a) it's no big deal, and (b) if there can be a buffer between people, spread out a little. It's less out of paranoia that someone might look at your junk and more out of just respect for each others' personal space.

And you never know when some kid might piss on the floor by accident and get your foot wet.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Maridia
    I tend to use the stalls and avoid urinals. But if all are taken I'm there for bidness so so be it.

Most guys I'm sure have seen it but it's kinda funny to see kids using urinals. Most guys know the protocol like they take out what they need but keep their jeans up, just unzip and whip. Kids have a tendancy to to pull their pants all the way down, so to see a kid bare ass next to grown men with an obviously uncomfortable face seems to happen at least once a year. Usually at the mall. Maybe it's just a New England thing? But I doubt it.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Awkward urinals RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    most guys go by the norm that if there are at least three urinals, person A would walk in first and take the far left one, than person B would take the far right one, leaving at least one urinal empty between the two people. If person A takes the middle one, then person B can take either urinal, because it's not a big deal for that person. At least that's how it works for me.
    That is the unwritten rule indeed. I don't like urinals that don't have something that separates them. I'm talking about those metal 'walls' you have to piss on. That's pretty awkward. But most of the time you use urinals is when you're drinking alcohol anyway, so no one really cares that much.

Also, you just don't look to the left or right when your peeing. You just look straight ahead, up or down, shake it and leave after washing your hands.

I don't think gay guys look either. Unless they have some sort of piss fetisj...
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Death Before Dishonor Awkward urinals Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    like Rocky said when you walk in you take the left or right if there are three of course the middle is cool talking is also cool among friends if someone I don't know tries to talk to me I simply tell them to F*uck off or when I'm in a good mood I will politely ask them not to speak to me...
    As for the awkwardness it doesnt bother me at all...guys grow up using urinals next to each other in elementary through high school so guys are used to it...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Asking all the personal questions. Awkward urinals RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I think it was kinda strange that you said wee wee than you said 'junk' in the same paragraph. Rocky has it pretty well summed up it is a general instinct in male minds that there is that boundary in the toilets and as soon as two guys are in the same toilet room they silently unknowingly take that agreement mentally between each other, and Rags is right when it is crowded it is usually when you are in a pub or club etc and every one is to drunk to care but of course there is still that mutual agreement anyway when you are drunk you to busy trying to concentrate on doing your business than worrying about everything else.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Registered User Awkward urinals TobiasRainey's Avatar
    Most of the time its customary no ignore each other's presence. Real men look straight forward, finish out business and leave.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasRainey View Post
    Most of the time its customary no ignore each other's presence. Real men look straight forward, finish out business and leave.

What if a buddy walks in and says something to you are you gonna ignore him cause if so then you sir are an asshole I mean who would ignore a friend...

Che
    I don't find them at all awkward. I actually love going into a public urinal because it gives me the opportunity to show off the size of my junk.

Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    I think it was kinda strange that you said wee wee than you said 'junk' in the same paragraph.
    Well I'm pretty sure everyone knew "wee wee" I meant "take a piss" It wouldn't make sense if it meant penis, then it would have been, don't you guys feel weird going penis next to each other.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-07-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Awkward urinals winterborn86's Avatar
    I'm not a guy but me and some of my girly friends go into the same cubical when we are out clubbing. We don't stand there and watch each other on the loo of course we just turn away. So it's almost similar to two guy mates peeing next to each other, your not bothered about it.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Arachnie Suicide Awkward urinals ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    Why would I be scared of urinals?

I flop my sexy man nono parts out all the time.

Really, though. I don't think it's a big issue. Girls get nakie in front of eachother all the time in public swimming pool change rooms, gyms, etc. Peeing is probably more of an intimate thing than getting changed, but otherwise I don't see the big deal.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

I am not shy when it comes to public urination, I go in and get my buisness done and get out. I occasionally give a "hey" or "whats up" when entering or leaving the bath room. I am still waiting for the day I ask someone "Whats up" and get the responce "me" to my question...

The only time I have a conversation in the restroom is when I am already talking to someone as I head into it. I hate it when I am at work and some one trys to carry on a conversation with me, specially if I am sitting on the john. Thats my quite time, don't interupt.

As for the last part of the OP, I have actually caught someone meat gazing before. In responce to it I actually turned and pissed on his shoe and asked him if he had "good enough look".

The thing I hate isn't so much the individual urinals but the long public multi person urinals. Makes me think I am pissing in a horse troff and the mixture of multiple peoples piss is horendous.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    As for the last part of the OP, I have actually caught someone meat gazing before. In responce to it I actually turned and pissed on his shoe and asked him if he had "good enough look".

The thing I hate isn't so much the individual urinals but the long public multi person urinals. Makes me think I am pissing in a horse troff and the mixture of multiple peoples piss is horendous.
    Nice.

Are you talking about the ones that look like long bathtubs? My brother said that's what he used at a Metallica Concert. He said it was super strange because they had to be shoulder to shoulder. On top of that, he said while he was taking a piss, there was a guy behind him waiting. So no space at all. Pissed literally aha.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-07-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Registered User Awkward urinals TobiasRainey's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TobiasRainey

What if a buddy walks in and says something to you are you gonna ignore him cause if so then you sir are an asshole I mean who would ignore a friend...

So if a friend of yours walks in you two are going to have a deep phylosphical conversation? In the bathroom? My friends know that I'm an asshole and if they don't like that then they're no friend of mine.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash View Post
    Nice.

Are you talking about the ones that look like long bathtubs? My brother said that's what he used at a Metallica Concert. He said it was super strange because they had to be shoulder to shoulder. On top of that, he said while he was taking a piss, there was a guy behind him waiting. So no space at all. Pissed literally aha.

Yes that is exactly what I am talking about. And yes they are very notorious to ffind when going to concert halls and older football stadiums. And yes 90% it is shoulder to shoulder and you really don't have a choice but to use it because some inconsiterate ass (literally) has has clogged the toilet.

Want to throw in something fun into that kind of mix, add about 3 drunk guys how sway because they are wasted beyond belief. Makes for a very strange time.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasRainey View Post
    So if a friend of yours walks in you two are going to have a deep phylosphical conversation? In the bathroom? My friends know that I'm an asshole and if they don't like that then they're no friend of mine.

Then what was said has nothing to do with you..I for one am not an asshole and do not ignore my friends..

Death comes on silent wings Awkward urinals bobbo087's Avatar
    I have a little bit of a privacy issue so I try to keep at least one urinal free between us, but I have had to use one of those trough type urinals filled with ice, I just viewed it as "hey I'm drunk and it gives me something to do" (melt the ice).

Ironically the only time I ever get pee-shy at crowded urinals is when I'm ****ing trashed, because being drunk leads to me being paranoid and I'm in no condition to keep a nonchalant eye on people, so to speak.

When at a ball game where I'm drunk, or just in a very crowded bar, I tend to head for the stalls, and I've had more than one occasion where going to pee at a ball park has lead to me walking the entire park looking for a bathroom that wasn't full.

A spot of paranoia aside, just for some reason when drunk, I'll stand there forever and never pee when there's people all around me. Not sure what it is, but it generally leads to the beginning of a panic attack as well. Me and crowds don't get along.

When I'm sober, though? Never an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo087 View Post
    I just viewed it as "hey I'm drunk and it gives me something to do" (melt the ice).
    Yeah, speaking of that,

what is the ice for exactly ?

I'm guessing so the pee is diluted with something ?
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-10-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash View Post
    Yeah, speaking of that,

what is the ice for exactly ?

I'm guessing so the pee is diluted with something ?
    Worked in a place that did it once.

Great for bars since the melting ice acts as a flush, since drunkies are usually too drunk to flush themselves.

It's just fun to aim at, so it helps with people pissing all over the restroom, especially with drunken customers. (this was the reason we did it)

Also, I've heard that it keeps flies away, since flies hate cold, and cold air travels down, so it's thought that you can't smell the urine as heavily in the air since it would be cooled.(Pretty sure this, and the above, were in a book I read once)
    Last edited by Sean; 10-10-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Mr.Marzipan
    I really hate urinals and I try not to use them. I just find them incredibly awkward, the only times that I actually have used them is when they've had a sort of barrier between each urinal. I don't like the idea of just whipping out my penis and peeing. That and I'm overly paranoid so I always go for the cubicles.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Awkward urinals RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anachlirium View Post
    Girls get nakie in front of eachother all the time in public swimming pool change rooms, gyms, etc.
    I like where this is going.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Arachnie Suicide Awkward urinals ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I like where this is going.
    =P You would.

Honestly, though. I think guys get far more touchy about having their nono bits out around eachother than girls do.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anachlirium View Post
    Honestly, though. I think guys get far more touchy about having their nono bits out around eachother than girls do.
    Yeah... I think it's because with girls, nothing is really private in that sense anyway. Just watch the adverts on television, and almost everything is aimed at woman, be that razor blades, hair dye, thrush cream or sanitary towels.

Guys don't have to spread them to give birth or have smear tests either. Doctors probably see more vaginas than penises.

So for girls, it really isn't much of an issue really. The only time it becomes awkward is when you need to go at a friends house - I just feel kinda rude for asking for some bizarre reason.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast