Thread: school

school

Hey I was just wondering what you guys thought of school and if any of you people are new to your schools? I give an example with mine and then you guys can go.

I go t a new school this year called Mountain Tail Middle School and I hate it. Their are a bunch of rich kids their that own like three houses when my parents are going ank rupt. I hate going their I just don't fit in but who cares right.

I'm going into my 4th semester of college, except it may as well be my first as I just switched to a new major, and as such have to take a lot of different courses, only two of my old ones count.

I'm not exactly new, as I've been there for two years before, but this is the first semester I'll be taking it seriously.

I go to a Community College in St. Louis, I can't afford to pay for a real college and I ****ed around too much in high school to hope for any kind of a scholarship.

I do what you can't. school Sasquatch's Avatar
    It's always difficult adjusting to new places, especially schools, full of (quite literally) immature little children. I went through nine schools in seven systems in my life, and it didn't get any easier to adjust until the last one -- and the last one started in 11th grade, when I moved up to Wisconsin and into a school with a class of 60. (Yes, sixty.) Naturally, the smaller group meant it was easy to get to know people, but I still had to leave everything I had known before -- and since it was a move from Georgia to Wisconsin, I mean prettymuch everything.

When I was a kid, I was picked on for my family not having much money, too. I always had hand-me-down clothes, or clothes that were too loose that I would "grow into" or too tight.

There's not much to say, except that you kind of have to get used to it. Take comfort in the knowledge that once they get out into the real world, where they don't rely on mommy and daddy for support, they'll be complete losers who won't know how to fend for themselves. Sure, they might be stuck-up little pricks in college, but they can't buy an education, and they'll be the ones getting in trouble for underage drinking, squandering their money because they don't know how to appreciate it, etc. etc.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

beep boop. school
    I wish I were going to school right now =[.

All I can hope for is get the job I just tested for and they might pay for my education. Someone else paying for my education would be absolutely lovely considering I'm on my own. You know what I'm sayin'?
    turd burglar.

Blog Entries
    I just graduated from college in May, and that was an experience in itself. Even there, you have your rich kids and your poor kids. I'm lucky enough to have parents who earned decent wages, but I busted my ass at different campus jobs to help reduce some student loans and such. That's a story for another day though.

The trick with crap like that is just to be yourself. If they like you, they like you, if not, then screw em. Trust me, life is way too short to be worrying about what a bunch of rich pricks think. There will always be people richer than you, just like people will always be poorer. Just focus on getting your education, so that you can get yourself into a good high school and/or college.

When you take away the money factor, you have to just look at people as they are, based on their actions. Just because your rents are rich, doesn't say shit about you as a person, neither does it say anything about you if you're poor. Kids don't realize that though, but they will when their trust funds dry up.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Ahhhh school, the greatest place a gamer could wish for.
    I remember I loved hanging out with my group in an out of bounds area every morning, recess and lunch. I remember propping up a text book or pencil case to hide the fact that I was playing my PSP or NDS when I should have been working on some crap I either knew or just plain didn't care about. And I remember the hair policy stating that the boys couldn't have any hair over their ears or below their collar. I remember just how fun it was to bluff past the teachers to the point where my hair had been against school policy for entire terms on end. I only ever got it cut when threatened with possible suspension.

School was fun, but it wasn't the be all and end all. Some days sucked, some people sucked, but they were more than balanced out by the good things. I'd be lying if I said my school years were my best years (as they're less fun than the year or two directly following and it's no fun to be in a position where you have adults who feel they're better than you merely as they've already found their lot in life), but they were still a decent time.

I tended to find that the richer ones who really ****ed around have it easy now, as they tended to have a reason for doing so, and they're also the ones who'll get better jobs through the people they meet through their families and stuff. The real thing the rest of us have is that we know how to do some of the more important things like laundry, cooking, working and the like. It's almost pitiful when a person can't do those.

And if you have the drive you can go from a person who was a total poorass at school (me) to someone who can do almost anything really easily in terms of money. The difference for me was that doing school left me much less time to work jobs and as they weren't ones whose hours I could pick I wasn't making so much whereas now that I don't have to make the commitment to school I have all kinds of money making opportunities. Back then it could take a month or so to save up the money for a console (even a secondhand one), but these days I can often get what I want within a week unless job leads have all gone dry for the while.

That's my thoughts on the ol' institutions.
    Last edited by Furore; 08-27-2008 at 08:42 PM.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    Middle school sucks in comparison to high school, which is nothing compared to college. I see it like this:

College>>>>>>>>>HS>>MS>>>>RL

Even though it is middle school, it could be worse, like real life with paying bills and stuff. But I don't know too much about the RL, as I am not quite there yet lol. But once you get into college, you get to be as drama-free as you want to be. And if you haven't experienced the drama yet, wait until you get into high school, it will be rampant no matter who you are.

Find those people that you can get along with that you call your friends, and stick with them and be loyal in hopes of them returning to you. If their parents are rich, then thats another plus. If they're not, who cares, do it anyway for the friendship factor. Being loyal leads to popularity eventually. Who knows, that poor kid that you stood up for at the lunchroom may end up becoming the CEO of some huge company someday and might take you out to lunch in Athens or something. I mean, who wouldn't want to eat lunch in Athens?

In high school, go for decent grades (like at least a 3.0, but if it comes easy w/ minimal effort then go higher of course), but have fun. I mean, it is high school. Being in high school is very similar to being in an online community forum. Status/popularity/etc. in HS is pretty much meaningless compared to the real world, so don't feel that having a bad experience there will scar you for the rest of your life. And don't ride on your massive HS success and expect it to carry you through life, in the same token.

As for college, again be there to get your degree, but have fun too. College is so much more chill then anything in life. Only in a college dorm can you see your half-naked friend playing Guitar Hero get party-boyed by 3 other kids and actually know what's going on (read: ALCOHOL). Remember why you are there, but don't take every aspect of it so seriously.

Take those tips of advice from the wise sage like myself and you will do fine in life, I promise or your money back.

Pete supports this message.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    I totally support Rocky's message.

I'd also like to add that no matter what, stay away from the booze at least until college. It'll make life easier in the long haul. Trust me on this one.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I invented Go-Gurt. school Clint's Avatar
    I just started my first semester of college, and I have to say, it's much better than any other school that I've ever been to. It's a community college in Winnipeg. I can't afford to go to an actual university (it's not like I would ever want to go to an actual university). Besides, even if I wanted to go to another college, I wouldn't be able to get in. I finished high school with barely a 2.0 GPA.

I haven't chosen a major, because what I wanted to do as a career was write. But then, as I was thinking about what I might do with my future, I realized that there isn't a lot of money in writing, so in order for me to be a writer, I have to have an actual career in something else. With that being said, I think I'm going to take up criminal justice.

Ah school. That place I spend 33 hours of my week... My school is a rural public school with around 400 students and nearly 30 teachers. My year group (Grade 11. Which is my second-to-last year for those not familiar with Australia's system) has less than 50 people in it now, and on some days, less than 20 people at school. I'm doing my Tertiary Entrance Subjects (The subjects that will get me into uni) at the moment and I'm really enjoying it.

My year group is the so called nicest in the school. I agree with it. We don't have "groups" of popular kids or nerds. Everyone tends to hang about with everyone. No one is discriminated against which is great. And most of the teachers are nice as well. The only negative really is the lack of kids which means some subjects have to be done over the Internet like my top Maths class. I'm the only kid doing it at my school. I asked he facilitator why I, the only child in the class, didn't get nominations for Student of the Month for that class. She said "It doesn't work like that. Now get back into your room or you'll have detention." She's not one of the nicer ones.

So I enjoy school. At the moment anyway. So long as there's one thing about it you enjoy, it's bearable. And really, as far as grades go, try hard but not so hard that you don't have a life. Most people get by with minimal effort. A B in most classes will allow you to do pretty much anything for your senior years. Those are the years that count. The ones which effect what your after school choices will be. Take my sage advice: Have fun, but be smart about the fun.

|Rocco's LiveJournal| = |SPSGE| = |Request Avatars and Banners|

"I can't disappear yet..."
    Banner and avatar by myself.

TFF Family, Awards and random lunacy:

=TFF Family=

Lily, Craven, Froggie, Bleachfangirl, Priscilla,
    Hyzenthlay, Xeim, Crazy Chocobo, Halie, Refieth, Rikkuffx, Martin,
    FF Ace Cid, winterborn86, L Lawliet and T.G. Oskar.

PM/VM me to adopt me or join!

Because we're clones and stuff.

Memorable Quotes:
    Rachel : I hear you're advanced in twittery. =D
    Rocco : PhD level. =D
    Rachel : And beyond. =D

Ann: It's like asking someone "How do you brush your teeth?"
    "What's your methods of toenail cutting?" "How do you get rid of nosehairs?"

Jules: Bullshit. She thought it happened.
    Rocco: It was that quick huh?

Cilla: Closets are so hot.

TFF vs. World's Biggest Idiots:
    Matt :
    y = X x T
    -----
    C x V
    y= -6
    Rachel : For what, may I ask? Your intelligence?
    Let X, T, C and V all equal zero.
    Rachel : And you'd still come up with -6, because, let's face it, you're not the brightest spark.

TOM: thought id take a pic of mine [his penis] and show u's
    TOM: its nice aye
    George: i wanan touch it

TOM: i will go ****ing hulk on your ass ok
    .::.Sammy.::. : ill go like super sayian 5

Quotes of Lily's:

Hayden says:
    r u sure theres not a man standing behind u with a knife
    Rachel says:
    Quite sure.
    Hayden says:
    maybe its me
    Rachel says:
    I seriously doubt that your IQ is high enough for it to occur to you that you cannot walk through solid objects.

=Lily on Freema Agyeman [Slightly paraphrased]=
    Lily says: Freema is so pretty.
    Lily says: I wish I was her.
    Lily says: She is mind-bogglingly sexy.
    Lily says: Seriously, if I had to choose between her and David Tennant, I'd SO choose her.
    Lily says: *glomps Freema to death and rips her clothes off*

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Hmm... school. It's an evil bastard in my opinion.

Especially when you're in the lower years (thank God I'm not anymore, eh?). I was reeaally looking forward to going into year 9, because I thought I'd get away with murder, but then they decided to change the schooling system and make year 9 an extra GCSE year. Meaning, we have to it a little more seriously.

... Joy.

Although, I will say, I'm looking forward to this year. I'll be doing Performing Arts and Art 10 hours a fortnight, PE and RE twice a fortnight (possibly Welsh, too) and English, Maths, and Double Award Science (I wanted to take Triple, but they think it's too early for us or summin') however many hours, I don't know. Probably the same amount as PA and Art. How it will work, I don't know, but it's far better than my old timetable.

The only real reason I enjoy going to school is hanging around with my friends. We're a wacky bunch, so it's always fun. And taking the piss out of chavs is fun, too, which brings me to my next point...

Chavs. About 97% of the students in my school are chavs, about 2% are normal kids, and about 0.999999% are, erm, ... "goths". And the other 0.1% are my friends an I.

...We're a little too wacky to just be in the goth percentage. Haha.

Govinda
    I'm heading into my second year at university. A Master of the Arts I shall yet be, apparently.

I'm a bit freaked. Apparently second year involves something called 'Work'. We're not familiar with this idea.

I don't know how other universities work, but in Scotland at least, it goes like this: first year is a pissaround to see if you're going to drop out instantly or not. Nothing you do in it counts for the rest of your degree, except passing the year, which allows you to progress onto things that matter and on to second year courses in the subjects you studied.

In second year a pile of shit lands on your head - they actually start to work you, or so we've heard. Awful rumours about essays due in September! What am I to do?

I think first year is a test. If you can't manage to spend it drunk or stoned the whole time, if you need more than a day to write your essays, if you by some miracle actually fail the exams - then you're not going to manage the rest. It's a warning sign. I made it in the proper state, so as long as I try to pay at least a bit of attention this year, I should be okay.

Five classes in a row was my French streak. I attended a total of three IR lectures in the first semester, and upped my concentration to achieve a total of 6 in the next. Anthropology isn't worth talking about. And, get this, I was the most hardworking person there that I knew.

So, the gloves are off. Time to work. The hangover is coming. Explanation: here's how the Scottish university system looks, condensed into four thoughts spanning thirty seconds:

First Year - Woo, I'm drunk! Haha, you're drunk too! Ace!
    Second Year - What the ****. I'm ****ing hungover. Pish.
    Third Year - OH SHIT I HAVE AN ESSAY DUE TOMORROW
    Fourth Year - ****, I'd better do that essay.

I am studying Advanced French, Advanced International Relations, and Beginners Russian this year.

Don't worry about people who look down on you in school. They'll probably end up unhappy, one way or another.
    Last edited by Govinda; 09-01-2008 at 03:37 PM.

i gO tO cOllege. i am in my third year, but i bet yOu cOuldn't tell based On hOw i talk. i am sOO excited abOut the new year and all the cOOl people i am gOing tO meet Omggzzzz
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 09-01-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Omg Pete 4 S-MOd, I tOtally majOred iin Engliish, but yOu wOuldn't expect iit because I type liike a retard. The next type Of schOOl I plan On jOiiniing iis the pOliice academy, iif I kiick enOugh ass On the test. Maybe they'll just shOOt me On the spOt when they see my appliication all typed Out liike thiis.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Govinda
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for S-Mod View Post
    i gO tO cOllege. i am in my third year, but i bet yOu cOuldn't tell based On hOw i talk. i am sOO excited abOut the new year and all the cOOl people i am gOing tO meet Omggzzzz
    You're grammars are totally letting you downs. Youll never going to make the Capital O Club on this rate. President Pete you to. Thiers more to this all you now.

A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    Well, I just started my first semester of college. I'm going to hopefully major in business management and computers. I'll see where that takes me. Right now it feels a lot like high school except with a lot more freedom in what I can do. I personally do miss my high school though. I guess you could say that I was one of the most popular kids in high school. I was friends with and got along with pretty much everybody and all my teachers, and I mean everybody. I was friends with all the "cliches" such as the stoners, the goths, the crazy athletic jocks, and all the preppy kids who always wear expensive clothes from Hollister and American Eagle.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Wings of Light and Dark spread afar school -x-DarkHeart-x-'s Avatar
    i see my school once a year cause im a homeschooler...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DarkSquall: God Father
    Athna Loveil:AnimeCrazed Sister
    brnthsdiscout: FF Lovin' Sister
    Rasler+: Sport Stacking Grandpa
    diaryofjane: My Crazy Music-Loving GodMother
    E L L Y: My imaginary sister =3
    H.U.N.K: My Hunky Cousin..lol
    x-Anonymous-X: My Annoying Mother ( and annoying sister in real life..)
    Mona Lisa Overdrive: Self-proclaimed god

Whistling Songbird school Asectic's Avatar
    Hmm.... Let's see, this year I entered high school as a niner as ppl in school call it, and so far I'm liking it. (Yes, I'm "that" young, if u say so urself) So many people that I don't know and all those other things that ... well, let's just say so for after almost 2 weeks of it, it's all right ... Other than the studying part o.O

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Abandon all hope ye who enter here. school diaryofjane's Avatar
    I'm a college freshmen and I made one friend so far, I don't know if I really like college yet
    My FF Family:
    God Daughter: LoVeLeSs
    God Father: Dark Squall

"I am lost in life and will always be lost in life. And no matter what, I'll always be lost and broken. Oh i'm here physicaly, but not mentaly, or maybe i'm here in both ways, maybe not. Dream big, and dear to dream."

I go to Leiden university.
    In my last year of studying Japanese. Culture, history and mainly language.
    Doing management on the side.

Peace out
    Blargh?!?!

Cilla vs. Games school Priscilla's Avatar
    I go to some stuck up all girls catholic school. Everyone there is either skanky or a lesbian. But there are still some awesome people <3.

I graduate next month and the time has really flown. I am scared of graduating because I miss school already. Wah, I don't want to be sent out into the real world just yet. That isn't for me. I want to just go and have fun with my friends and bludge around at school.

I left school, the end of year eleven you could say (since I never went back for year twelve). It's probably stupid in some people's eyes (ie: someone came into my work today, who used to tease me when I did go to school, and said "it's nice to know you're doing something with your life" rather sarcastically), but in the end I feel it was the right decision for me. I never went, and when I did, I hated it anyway.

There's always TAFE.

The real world kinda sucks at times, but I don't mind it.

Im in my third year of art school and its been different. Its more of a computer art school rather then a fine art school. most of our majors are 3d animation, game art and design, visual effects, then we have fashion design, interior design, fashion marketing...ect. Its funny because all the popular girls in highshool are at the bottom in this college. the gamer kids run that school. im a bit in the middle. im not the hot popular girl or the gamer kid. i love games and i love fashion. so i fit in more with the fashion design girls because im not a fan of wow, magic, or anime. strange how i can not like anime but love final fantasy lol

it can be kind of hard when you dont have much in common with the people in your own major, but hey when ur in college ur not there to make friends ur there to get a degree and get a career.

Blog Entries
    Well im coming up on my second semester of Softmore year High school and i dont think it really that hard. School is not very challenging and the things we have to learn seem to be just review... I dont mind school but i dont like have the ppl in my school. I live in redneck world(not to ofend anyone) and i really dont fit in with that type of croud.

School? That's a topic I'd rather not speak about. I didn't like school, especially high school. I had a tough time and preferred not going, one teacher I had was a real cow and it made my school experience crappier. The one thing I did like about school though was lunch times. Hanging around with my friends was a blast and I will never forget those times, I think I laughed my hardest at school than anywhere. That's the only thing I miss about high school.

It's funny though, I hated school yet I work at one. Well I work at a primary school but still, rather ironic.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)