Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Cook ?

Anyone Cook ?

I'm not much of a cook, But I would like to learn some simple, yummy, new recipes. I know how to cook simple things like Spaghetti, and I can barbeque with a little seasoning/marinade advice from my dad. I can make anything that has directions, you know like stir fry's with the little mixture package, or pastas like Hamburger Helper, and those simple chicken meals.

Let's just say the I've eaten every brand of TV dinner in the world. Seriously, If you ever wanted to know what brads are good and which taste like crap, feel free to ask me. I only live with my Dad and my older Brother. My Dad is the cook around the house. I want to surprise him by making something for him for once.

Do you like to cook? and If so what are some of your favorite recipes?

Also, any suggestions of good dishes?

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Che
    I can cook filet minon, and chicken, and warm up sides like rice and vegetables. I can also cook McDonalds.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not an amazing cook, but at least I know how to. Most of it is down to me watching/helping my mother out in the kitchen from a slightly young age. I can cook:

- Pasta (Pretty much anything you ask for really. Pesto pasta is my favourite.)
    - Spaghetti Bolognese (I've never cooked it with meatballs though.)
    - Chicken Curry and Rice (Simples.)
    - Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice (Like Chicken Curry - simples.)
    - Shepherds/Cottage Pie (Both are the same, just with different meat.)
    - Salmon Steaks and Steamed Vegetables or Salad (Yummy.)
    - Chicken in Mushroom and Garlic Sauce, with Roast Potatoes and Vegetables (My favourite.)
    - Butternut Squash, Potato and Carrot Soup (Best soup I've ever had.)
    - PIZZA! From scratch! =D (It just gets very messy.)

And I can prepare a salad. I end up slicing my hand open every time using the salad slicer, but I can do it.

Does beans on toast count? That's my favourite lazy dinner.

EDIT: Oh, and a Sunday Roast.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 09-30-2009 at 02:23 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post

And I can prepare a salad. I end up slicing my hand open every time using the salad slicer, but I can do it.
    I do enjoy a bloody good salad. SCHWING

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post

Does beans on toast count? That's my favourite lazy dinner.
    That sounds so gross! Haha.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I do enjoy a bloody good salad. SCHWING

That sounds so gross! Haha.
    BLOODY GOOD SALAD! HAH!

Nah, I don't really cut myself that deep with it. No blood in the salad. Sorry vampires.

And beans on toast is quick and awesome! Not something you'd have all the time, because then the taste kinda grates a bit, but it's good.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Anyone Cook ?
    I don't usually cook, but I can if I feel like it. I don't do anything fancy, mind you.

- Burrito Casserole - This is popular in my house, but we like stuff like this. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Brown some hamburger meat. Mix browned hamburger meat and refried beans together and taco seasoning added as well. Line a casserole dish with flour tortillas and spread the mixture onto it. Top with flour tortillas. Top flour tortillas with red enchilada sauce and then top that with cheese. Place casserole dish inside of oven and cook for 45 min to an hour.

- Lemon-pepper Chicken - This is a good dish (I think) and it's really easy. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. Get some boneless chicken breasts (I just use the kind that you buy in the freezer section) and put them in a metal pan that can hold water. Place the chicken in the pan, and make sure that there are no pieces touching. Fill the pan with water, enough to where it comes up a little under touching the the top of the chicken. Grab some lemon-pepper seasoning and sprinkle generously. Once your oven is preheated, go ahead and put your pan of chicken inside and cook thoroughly.

- Macaroni and Cheese- I love mac and cheese. Take some macaroni noodles and boil them according to the direction on the package. Drain when finished. Put back in pot and add a little butter and milk. I use Velveeta in mine, since it melts so fast. I also use black pepper. You might not like this idea, but I love to do this. Put little cocktail sausages in the mac and cheese.

- Hamburgers- Easy. Pat some hamburger meat into a patty and fry in a frying pan.

- Fried Tacos- Flour tortillas and browned hamburger meat that are fried in a frying pan with a little bit of oil. Put the hamburger meat between a somewhat folded tortilla and fry one side at a time. Once the sides are a nice golden brown color, take from pan and set on a plate with a napkin so some of the oil gets absorbed. You can put anything you like on the tacos.

- Cheeseburger Macaroni- Basically, its cooked macaroni, browned hamburger meat, diced tomatos, Velveeta cheese and onion all mixed together in a big pot.

As for side dishes, I can make mashed potatoes from scratch, but everything else just comes from a package or a can.

Of all the dishes that I put in this post, I think the Lemon-pepper chicken is a good dish to try out. It's easy, and it's really good.

@ Unknown Entity - Your talking about baked beans on toast right? I tried that before, because I heard that's what people in merry ol' England eat for breakfast. It was alright.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-30-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I started cooking professionally at 18, been doing restaurant work since. Got halfway through culinary school before switching majors.

Anyways, I don't really cook very often nowadays. I mostly keep it simple, but I'll share one of my favorite recipes for pasta. Don't ask for actual proportions, most of us don't bother measuring anything.

Chicken Carbonara

Chicken breast, I generally soak it in milk and grill it off with some salt and pepper. Grill to ~ 160 degrees inside, try and keep it moist, chicken turns to sand if you overcook it.

I prefer penne pasta for this, but you can really use any. Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in the pasta, 6-7 minutes later it's done. Drain and rinse in cool water, set aside for later

Chop up some bacon and onions and cook it in a pan, drain off some of the fat, and add heavy cream to the pan. As the cream begins to reduce (bubble and thicken) add in a bit of pepper, more salt to taste if the bacon wasn't very salty, the pasta, grated parmesan cheese, an egg yolk and stir occasionally until thick. Add in chicken at the end if it's still hot. Don't let it reduce too far, it'll thicken a lot as it cools.

I haven't made this in a few months, but it's my favorite pasta recipe. Classical carbonara has mushrooms, and supposedly, has peas added.

as time passes we all age and die Anyone Cook ? lonley summoner's Avatar
    i can cook tuna cassaorle

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by lonley summoner View Post
    i can cook tuna cassaorle
    Then quit posting worthless posts, put yourself to use and ****ing make me some.

Registered User Anyone Cook ? Yesha's Avatar
    No.. I don't cook that much, but.. I can do pry foods.. and cook patti for hamburgers and stuff.. :-) And aLso.. any kind of soup is pretty much easy for me..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Shake it like a polaroid picture Anyone Cook ? RagnaToad's Avatar
    Then quit posting worthless posts, put yourself to use and ****ing make me some.
    Two please.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I started cooking professionally at 18, been doing restaurant work since. Got halfway through culinary school before switching majors.

Chicken Carbonara

Chicken breast, I generally soak it in milk and grill it off with some salt and pepper. Grill to ~ 160 degrees inside, try and keep it moist, chicken turns to sand if you overcook it.

I prefer penne pasta for this, but you can really use any. Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in the pasta, 6-7 minutes later it's done. Drain and rinse in cool water, set aside for later.....
    This sounds legit, but what's the purpose of soaking the chicken breast in milk? just curious.

@Unknown Entity: beans on toast does sound a little strange, never heard of that...I guess it depends on what type of beans you mean. Like Pinto beans, I think is what they are called, would be strange.. I don't like eating them, they remind me of huge roaches.. plaagghhh!! re fried beans, which I guess are just pinto beans smushed up I could see, easier to spread.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-30-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I can cook. Is there a preference you would like to learn? I will go ahead and throw out a recipe.

Meier's broccoli chicken goodums.

First off, here is what you will need; I will go with common house hold items that are the quick versions. I prefer to do it from scratch but most people like the easy way.

3 Boneless chicken breasts
    1 Can of Cream of Broccoli Soup
    1 Box of Uncle Bens white rice (or equivalent)
    1 Bag of fresh cut broccoli
    Butter
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic (power of minced)
    Onion Powder
    8X6X3 oven safe glass container (or something close)
    Olive / Vegetable oil

First off preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.

You have 2 choices to start of with on this one; you can boil or steam your broccoli. I will go the easy route. Fill a medium size sauce pan with water and add about 2 table spoons of butter into it. Pour in broccoli. Boil until tender.

To prepare the chicken lightly cover both sides in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Get a medium sized skillet pan and put a full cup of Olive / Vegetable oil into it. Heat the pan to where the oil is starting to heat up and crackle.

Pan sear both sides of the chicken cooking it for approximately 4 minutes per side, flipping ever 2 so that you don’t burn one side.

During the time it takes you to cook the chicken you should be able to do the following, cook the rice (6 servings) per the boxes instructions and prep the special batter.

The “special batter” is EASY. Open can of Cream of Broccoli, pour it into a bowl. Add in a pinch of salt. Add ¼ cup of water. Wisp vigorously until all contents of the bowl are well mixed. After you make the special batter dump it in with the rice also add broccoli into the mix and mix all of that together. From here on out it is now the “Rice Solution”

Ok here is the fun part. Get the glass container listed above. Pray a thin coat of Pam (or equivalent) over the surface of the dish, if you do not have Pam wet a paper towel with olive / vegetable oil and lightly coat the dish.

Pour half of your “Rice Solution” into the glass dish. Put all three chicken breast on top of layer one of the “Rice Solution”. Pour the remaining “Rice Solution” on of the chicken.

Put in oven for 25 minutes.

Serve and enjoy.

This is good served with a salad before hand.

Well that is the easy version of one of my favorite easy things to make. It is fast and effective and makes for a good meal.

Maybe later on I will come back and write out one of my more complex recipes.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

PartTimeAngel Anyone Cook ? Rain Lil's Avatar
    I love to cook although I don't cook much at all. My boyfriend does all the cooking, since he's the one that's gonna be going to culinary school. My parents make him make all of our dinners. It's entertaining xD

Anyways, I can make delicious hamburger patties. But you have to cook it first, mind you. =P Hm, I can cook anything shrimp related. Sweet, sour, spicy. Ohh yeah. I can also cook chicken-like things, pastas, and anything with a recipe. Oh, I can sorta make Mexican food! =D

My favorite recipe by far is honey walnut shrimp. Hella dope.

"I put my memories into a little cart and keep on going.
    After glancing back upon everything I’ve lost,
    I gather what’s left and close my eyes..."
    - Tiger JK, Thumb

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash View Post
    This sounds legit, but what's the purpose of soaking the chicken breast in milk? just curious.
    Ugh, I need sleep. I read that as "what's the purpose of soaking the chicken in breast milk."

Ugh, I need sleep. I read that as "what's the purpose of soaking the chicken in breast milk."
    ahahhaa!! ewwwwww (!!!!) Nappy time for you ^^

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Imperius Rex Anyone Cook ? Storm's Avatar
    I enjoy cooking, and can cook up some mean pasta dishes, stir frys, curries, risottos and much more. I can do a mean traditional roast dinner too. I tend to experiment with food... such an experiment is a really good light lunchtime salad. What I do enjoy more than cooking the food, though, is eating it. Mmm...

Storm's Mediteroriant Salad
    This is a Greek salad with a Japanese twist. It came about as an odd experiment I did once and is bloody good!

Ingrediants:
    1 bag of leafy salad mix (baby spinach, rocket and watercress is what I normally use)
    Mushrooms (I used an oriental selection with shitake, oyster and another kind the first time I made this but its not often found, so any will do)
    Peppers (again, any will do)
    Feta cheese
    Spring onions
    Cherry tomatos
    1 portion of noodles (I used soba, and have used udon, but anything will so)
    1 sachet of instant miso soup

How to do it:
    1. Bring water to the boil and put noodles in, simmering over a medium flame. While noodles are cooking, chop up the mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese to the desired quantity and effect.

2. When noodles are almost cooked, drain out some of the water and put in the miso paste/powder. This gives the noodles some flavour.

3. When noodles are cooked, pour the miso soup into a bowl for a side dish, and place noodles on top of the leafy salad, and put the rest of the salad on top.

Not only is this easy to do, but it also tastes goooood... it is light, so if you have an appetite like me you may need to make a lot of it!

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Anyone Cook ? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I can cook, and I'm not bad at it either. I like what I make, it tastes good.
    If you would like to know what I cook, just let me know, personaly(Or Privately).
    Last edited by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima; 10-02-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Sir Prize Anyone Cook ? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I doubt I'm quite the caliber chef as Sean or even of professional skill. But I think of my cooking skills pretty highly. But there is a problem with being a good cook. That problem is only a problem if you don't like to cook or aren't in the mood. Everyone always wants you to cook for them.

I make a Grapefruit cake that's fantastic. Eggs Benedict. Salad with Devil's Rain dressing. French Onion soup with Gruyere cheese. Ribs in Sweet Rouge Sauce. Decent Sushi(mostly Kappa rolls and eel maki). Spaghetti alla puttanesca(sister asked me to learn this dish after reading "Series of Unfortunate Events") . Orange Pork Tenderloin. Prime Rib with Mustard Crust. Stuffed Italian Mushrooms. She-Crab soup. But my real specialty is desserts. From plain brownies to Grapefruit, Carrot and Chocolate cakes. All different varieties of fudges. Tollhouse pies topped with homemade ice cream. Green Tea pudding. Blueberry Grunts. Chocolate liqueur tarts.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 10-02-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    If you would like to know what I cook, just let me know, personaly(Or Privately).
    I am pretty sure this is the whole point of the threads. Haha.

I forgot in my first post to actually say the things I like to cook. Keep in mind most of these are from scratch.

Lemon Pepper Chicken, Steak, Augratin Spinage, Spagetti, Rose Marry Chicken with linguinie, Soups, Stews, and I am running out of names haha. Can't think straight right now.

I will add some more later.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Certified tech, come at me! Anyone Cook ? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The things I can cook hmm... this is going to be a pretty big list so here it goes:

Frozen burritos (the kind you buy at grocery stores)
    Various TV dinners (Marrie Callenders, Michelinas, Boston Market, Banquet, ETC.)
    Kraft Macaroni and Cheese/Shells and cheese
    Quesadillas
    Hamburgers
    Grilled Cheese sandwiches
    Pizza Rolls
    Any kinds of Frozen Pizza
    Ramen Noodles
    Bowl of Noodle soup
    Hot Dogs
    Popcorn

And I think thats about all I know or remember out of that list.
    Currently Playing:

yeah i can cook!! especially now that i'm married (i should learn more to cook) I can cook some asian foods and also american as well... yeah i love to fry potatoes a lot lol!!

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Registered User Anyone Cook ? winterborn86's Avatar
    Roast dinners are fairly easy to prepare and cook, it's just getting the timing right if you do alot of stuff with it, like me, i do broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, cabbage, mash pots, roast pots, parsnips, stuffing, chicken, peas, carrots and of course the yorkshire puds then i make my own gravy with stock cubes, flour and the meat fats so I have alot to keep an eye on lol.

Shepard's pie is not to hard either, just brown some mince and diced onion, drain the excess fat, add your frozen peas and sliced carrots (if you like em that is) then I take he easy road and add some cold water to a packet of Shepard pie mix, then add it too the mince mixture, bring to the boil, pour it in an oven proof dish put your mashed spuds over the top and a little bit of grated cheese, if you like it cheesy, shove it in the oven for about 30/40 mins, and done baby

Oh and if you don't feel like cooking then just bang some chicken dippers and chips in the oven lol
    Last edited by winterborn86; 10-03-2009 at 02:47 AM.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash View Post

@Unknown Entity: beans on toast does sound a little strange, never heard of that...I guess it depends on what type of beans you mean. Like Pinto beans, I think is what they are called, would be strange.. I don't like eating them, they remind me of huge roaches.. plaagghhh!! re fried beans, which I guess are just pinto beans smushed up I could see, easier to spread.
    I assume the original poster is talking about baked beans on toast, if so then I agree with them about it being a very quick meal to make when you're feeling lazy. Yummy too!

The purpose of soaking the chicken in milk.... there's not really a solid one. I used to marinade my chicken before grilling it, but I hate doing that as the oil in the marinades usually cause a lot of flare ups on the grill and give my chicken a slightly burnt flavor due to the oil fire raging beneath it. Milk just adds some moisture and fat, and helps the seasoning stick. I can't really explain why it helps, but my friend and I agree it makes a difference in the final product somehow.

Anyways, as far as my actual cooking preferences go, I generally keep things down to single-pan dishes, sometimes with a grilled meat added. I love my pastas, I make a pretty decent paella w/ chorizo and grilled chicken, I do risotto from time to time with grilled chicken and heavy cream added for texture/consistency. I've made some pretty good jambalaya w/ chicken and andouille in the past too, though I fkin hate crawfish so I tend to leave them out. I hate seafood in general, so I keep them out of my paellas as well.

I like startches and chicken, for the most part. One of my favorite ways to prepare chicken is as a proscuitto and boursin roulade. Pounded chicken breast, boursin cheese spread across it, thinly sliced proscuitto over the cheese and roll it up and bake it off. Goes good with, well, any kind of side you'd generally serve with chicken.

Love doing fried rices too, I make a pretty good sauce a chef I used to work for named soy caramel, because of it's color. With some sauteed beef or chicken, cooked rice, blanched brocolli, roasted red peppers, shredded carrots, and whatever else I can find on hand to toss in. Cook it all together, toss in my sauce and call it a day. The sauce is basically a mixture of soy sauce, miso, mirin, sesame oil, thai chili sauce, sugar, water, and thickened w/ a corn starch slurry.
    Last edited by Sean; 10-05-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Crash Boom Bang Anyone Cook ? Lily's Avatar
    I love cooking, it doesn't always go to plan though and I hate the pots that come with it, so I don't do it very often, especioally as there's generally ust me, ther's no poiont

I've sucessfully made caulliflower cheede
    Sunday Dinner- it's touch and go how my mash comes out haha
    Banana and walnut bread
    Victoria sponge cake
    ANd the likes of fajitas, curries and spag bols chillis etc

I think I'l always be scared of cooking meat xD

Im not BAD, I'm just...not great...haha, I do enjoy it though...I don't do it often enough

Also, PUT YOUR SPUDS IN THE OVEN AND NOT THE MICROWAVE, it's such a waste of a good spud when its microwaved, even if it does take over and hour to bake ]:

Death Before Dishonor Anyone Cook ? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy cooking and learning new things I watch the food network when I have free time to find new recipe's then I invite my buddies over and we eat whatever delectable treat I fixed and watch a movie we rented...We do this once a week and it is my buddies from high school cause I feel it is important to stay in touch with your high school friends...

Found a recipe for apple strudel then change a lot and made it my own
    Kisuke' Awesomely Amzing Apple Strudel
    6 layers phyllo dough bought at any local grocery store
    1/3 cup of brown sugar brown sugar
    1 stick butter
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    4 fiji apples most use granny smith but I find that fiji apples are better for this(cored,peeled, and diced)
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 cup golden raisins must use golden or it throws off the entire thing
    1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
    melt your butter then mix it with all your seasoning's then add in your apples and fold them in.once you've done this get a ice cream scooper easy thing to use and scoop out onto your phyllo put in oven on a non sstick metal pan at 350 for fifteen then sit out for twenty minutes to cool...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Finding this place a little dull... Anyone Cook ? xTidus's Avatar
    I can cook:-
    -Sausages!
    -Most microwave stuff
    - And get ready for it .. You ready ?? ... CEREAL !!

Yumm.. Cereal <3

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

I'm a vegetarian and the only one in my house so most of the time if I want to eat I have to make it myself. Tonight I made a nice little veggie pattie and put a sweet potato in the oven for a while and then mashed it up, put some lemon, garlic salt and powdered red pepper on it and viola! When I get poorer than I am right now I'll cut out the veggie patties, but just throwing veggies in the oven or in some evoo on the stove is really quick and can be really good. I'm a big proponent of putting spices on food, my spice collection is obsurd. Also, throwing veggies in a crockpot with a can (or two) of tomoatoes (any kind really, just don't drain it so you have a base to work with) is quick and you can leave it alone all day on low and come home to a good smelling home with food ready!

Permanently banned Anyone Cook ?
    I am pretty good at, and rather enjoy the creation and preparation of cuisine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast