Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone Cook ?

All is One.One is All. Anyone Cook ? Firefly's Avatar
    I enjoy baking.IDK y,just something to pass time with.I especially like to make cakes,brownies,cookies,and ice cream cakes.MMM....yum.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Always the b**** Anyone Cook ? little.miss.VIOLENT's Avatar
    something that's really simple and really delicious is sausage and potato pie.

you can either cook the sausages fresh, or use leftover ones.

you just cut them up, put them in a pot with some gravy, and top it with mashed potato and cheese. yum!

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty good at baking but cooking, not so much. I can make some super basic stuff for survival purposes, but I can't say that I can make a decent meal. Not yet, anyways. I'll be learning the hard way soon enough though. I'm not totally helpless in the kitchen, I just never have a reason to actually make anything since my mom does all the cooking.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Elloewen Anyone Cook ? ultimatekupo's Avatar
    Have you ever had baklava? It is the BEST food in the world (in my opinion.) VERY complicated though. Well it is more time consuming then it is complicated. It is a greek dish, im pretty sure. Its a pastry made with phyllo dough. I am glutenintolerant, but I still make it every Christmas as a tradition. I couldnt give up my favorite food in the world ya know.. so I eat wheat once and year, and it is always baklava. But anyway what makes it so complicated, is the paper thin layers of the phyllo dough, keeping it from falling apart, brush melted butter onto each layer, and every 6 layers you add a layer of a sugar mixture. Most people use nuts, but my family is allergic, so I never do), and in the end it is topped with the most delicious sauce in the world (of honey and lemon among other things) as it bakes. It comes out cut into a diamond patterned pastry. if you want to know my recipe just ask.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

Elloewen Anyone Cook ? ultimatekupo's Avatar
    And if you are looking for more of a dinner than a dessert, I have many more recipe's up my sleeve. I love to cook. And I have to be creative bc I found out 2 years ago that I cant eat wheat (nothing baked, nothing breaded, nothing fried, no thick sauces, or soups) but I love food, so I always am trying to experiment and substitute in things to make my old favorites, and i still have the original recipe's with the wheat and all. They do me no good sitting here. What kinds of food does he like?
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekupo View Post
    Have you ever had baklava? It is the BEST food in the world (in my opinion.) VERY complicated though. Well it is more time consuming then it is complicated. It is a greek dish, im pretty sure. Its a pastry made with phyllo dough. I am glutenintolerant, but I still make it every Christmas as a tradition. I couldnt give up my favorite food in the world ya know.. so I eat wheat once and year, and it is always baklava. But anyway what makes it so complicated, is the paper thin layers of the phyllo dough, keeping it from falling apart, brush melted butter onto each layer, and every 6 layers you add a layer of a sugar mixture. Most people use nuts, but my family is allergic, so I never do), and in the end it is topped with the most delicious sauce in the world (of honey and lemon among other things) as it bakes. It comes out cut into a diamond patterned pastry. if you want to know my recipe just ask.
    Baklava? no, I've never even herd of that. The name sounds like a German drunk cussing at me.

It does sounds interesting though.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I'm a Chef, so yes I do cook.

Dr. Prof. Failstrom Anyone Cook ? Dr_Flea's Avatar
    ^^haha so am i!!!

Easiest dish in the world take me about i dunno 2 mins in a professional kitchen to cook(only cause everythings preped in the fridge mind you)is

GARLIC PRAWNS!!!!

Yum its fairly simple

cook off some rice im assuming people know how to cook rice!!

IN a pan heat some oil and throw in your prawns.

cook until the have turned an orange colour like all shell fish will (I think).

then add some garlic fry for like 30 seconds.

deglaze the pan with white wine.(Careful of the flames)

then add cream and reduce that until it thickens and hey presto you have yourself garlic prawns.

Serve with the rice and mmmmmmmmm simple quick and easy and only one pot and a frypan to clean

if you want any other recipies or anything Just PM me

~Dr_Flea~

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anyone Cook ? Xanatos's Avatar
    Cooking is something that I'm good at, something I love to do. My parents spend most of their time at work so I'm basically forced to cook for myself, well, most of the times. But nothing too complicating though, except essential I know to make some decent meals and my parents are satisfied with some of my own recipe's.

I'm good with pasta, I know nothing complicating but the sauces for it can be. I prefer to make it the Mexican way, spicy ingredients in addition with beans and tuna, it tastes pretty damn good.

Sea food is also one of my specialties, My father and I love to catch fish but I love to prepare it even more. I make fish mostly accompanied with potato salad although combination of fish and some pasta meals can be also good.

I have lot of experience at cooking but my only weakness is desert, the best I can do is pudding although I must admit that I've never really cared to make a decent desert.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekupo View Post
    Have you ever had baklava? It is the BEST food in the world (in my opinion.) VERY complicated though. Well it is more time consuming then it is complicated. It is a greek dish, im pretty sure.
    Wrong, Baklava originates from Turkey although it's common delicately in many countries that are in Balkan area, thous very often even in my country and yes it's very complicating desert. I watched how my mother makes "Baklava", you need to have a lot of patients with this desert and it consumes enormous amount of time.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 11-02-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Anyone Cook ? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New Recipe ladies and gentleman inspired by my German roots

Kisuke's Brat and Kraut
    1 pound bratwurst (5 links)
    6 slices bacon
    1 small scallion(you can sub with onions)
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 32-oz. can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
    2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup dry white wine or apple juice
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
    1 teaspoon caraway seed
    1 bay leaf
    1 large apple, cored and sliced

score your brat's then fry or if you want to get crazy grill them bitches, in a seperate pan cook your saurkraut then once it is cooked turn stove to simmer and simmer for four minutes..Add all your ingredients once at a time to your brat's once they are done, fold them all in then add you kraut..."So easy a caveman can do it"-Geico

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Viva la SePOOHroth!!! XD Anyone Cook ? luckystar314's Avatar
    i cook alot =D. usually japanese food...(im half..and thats all i know how to cook lol well that an ratatouille XD) You can make almost anything with eggs and rice. thats what i lived off of my first qtr in college XDD. If you ever want to know recipes pm me =).
    OH!! i can make ratatouille =D lol tahts not japanese XDD

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Anyone Cook ? Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    Grapefruit cake
    Ribs in Sweet Rouge Sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link
    Rose Marry Chicken with linguinie
    Recipes, dammit. Both of you.

I enjoy cooking, though I fancy myself a better baker. There's something soothing to me about baking and listening to music. I get excited for Christmastime solely because it means I get to bake a bunch of cookies and not feel like a fatass. Also it provides me with a bunch of cheap presents to give to people so I don't have to actually buy them anything.

No matter what I'm cooking, though, I have to go exactly off the recipe. I'm terrible at improvising and end up adding ridiculous amounts of pepper to anything I cook. I really like black pepper.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

i dont cook,but i want to learn,maybe i am a little lazy or cook is hard for me
    What can i say i can't say anything

Does anyone know how to lake Chicken a la king? It's one of my favorites, seems simple enough....

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Does anyone know how to lake Chicken a la king? It's one of my favorites, seems simple enough....
    I'll make you chicken?

I honestly thought I posted in this back on page 1, guess I was wrong. I'm no chef or whatever but I do know how to cook and I do enjoy it...if I really feel like cooking.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Bad Boy of TFF Anyone Cook ? Block's Avatar
    I cook ramen

with egg

it's fantastic

Registered User Anyone Cook ? Locke4God's Avatar
    Great question, and I love to cook. Got a few staples I've gotten better at over the years.

1. Manicotti - I usually use pork, but got with any meat you like. Chop it fine with some garlic and other spices while you boil manicotti shells. Boil brocolli and chop it fine once cooked. Mix the meat & brocolli with your choice of Ricotta cheese so it's blended evenly, then gently stuff the shells once cooked. Cover with your choice of sauce, although homemade sauce using crushed tomatoes & fresh basil a nice touch. Cover that with fresh graded parmesean and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes to warm it up. Good stuff!
    2. Egg Rolls - Fry ground pork with a mixture of snap peas, shredded cabbage, and carrots. Add some sesame oil and soy sauce to taste. Roll in egg roll shells that you can pick up in the produce section, coat in the best olive oil you care to buy and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You can also deep from them in oil if you choose.
    3. Breaded Stuffed Chicken - Buy a nice piece of deli qualty cheese, whatever suites you along with spinach. Cut a deep pocket in your chicken breast, being careful not to rip open the back and stuff a spinach leaf and slice of cheese inside. Roll the breast first in a bowl of flour, then in a bowl of whisked eggs with a touch of milk (it'll get very sticky), and finally in a bowl of breadcrumbs. Place on a greased pan, and bake at 400 for around 35 - 40 minutes.

Blog Entries
    I can cook pretty basic things. I'm sure I could try and put more effort into it, like if I were trying to impress people, but I don't really care. The food tastes good to me as simple as it is, and that's all that matters.

I really don't make any one dish. In college, I would buy a lot of chicken and steak, and cook that with sauteed onions and peppers. Occasionally I would make chicken or steak fajitas. It's just easy to keep it simple and to use fresh ingredients. It may look like crap, but who cares; my cooking is filling and healthy.

If I didn't drink as much as I did in school, I prob would've been ripped. Oh well.

My favorite dish to make is chicken parmigiana, with fresh mozzarella from the Italian deli, and home made sauce. Throw that next to some linguine in that same sauce, add a tiny bit of pesto and you have yourself a glorious meal.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post

1. Manicotti - I usually use pork, but got with any meat you like. Chop it fine with some garlic and other spices while you boil manicotti shells. Boil brocolli and chop it fine once cooked. Mix the meat & brocolli with your choice of Ricotta cheese so it's blended evenly, then gently stuff the shells once cooked. Cover with your choice of sauce, although homemade sauce using crushed tomatoes & fresh basil a nice touch. Cover that with fresh graded parmesean and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes to warm it up. Good stuff!
    2. Egg Rolls - Fry ground pork with a mixture of snap peas, shredded cabbage, and carrots. Add some sesame oil and soy sauce to taste. Roll in egg roll shells that you can pick up in the produce section, coat in the best olive oil you care to buy and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You can also deep from them in oil if you choose.
    3. Breaded Stuffed Chicken - Buy a nice piece of deli qualty cheese, whatever suites you along with spinach. Cut a deep pocket in your chicken breast, being careful not to rip open the back and stuff a spinach leaf and slice of cheese inside. Roll the breast first in a bowl of flour, then in a bowl of whisked eggs with a touch of milk (it'll get very sticky), and finally in a bowl of breadcrumbs. Place on a greased pan, and bake at 400 for around 35 - 40 minutes.
    Ohhhh, all these sound simple and good

I'll definitely try some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My favorite dish to make is chicken parmigiana, with fresh mozzarella from the Italian deli, and home made sauce. Throw that next to some linguine in that same sauce, add a tiny bit of pesto and you have yourself a glorious meal.
    cook for me?

EDIT: @ Block
    Ramaen with egg? what do you cook the egg separately or do you crack the egg in as you cook it? O_O
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-01-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

I like cooking pasta, adding spicy sauces and spices to the mix. Some spicy sausage even. Pepper jack cheese bread. A salad even some ice cream for dessert.

I made teriyaki chicken with chipotle hot sauce splashed all around in it with ranch dressing topping earlier.
    Last edited by loaf; 01-01-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Stage Dives, High Fives. Anyone Cook ? Confession's Avatar
    I started out cooking in a reasturant at the age of 15. (For some money while I went through school, finished school this year)
    I'm now 18 and just starting to start my apprentership. Speiciallising in Mediterranean and Italian crusine.
    So I can safetly say I can cook. And I'll give you a tasty very slim in fat and a Vegetarian option ( Although steak is better then life, we need these options) And if you want another PM me or say and we'll keep this thread alive.

Confessions "Yummy Mummy, Lets have Spicey Pasta that tingles and feels good, oh yeah baby" Dish!

What you need: 'Kay so this depends, I'ma get you to make your own pasta aswell (dead simple) If you don't want that skip ahead and buy some Chilli Fettuchine.

For the Pasta

♦ A pasta machine for rolling out the dough, unless you wanna do that yourself and try to cut thin as.
    ♦ General utencils.
    ♦ 400g "00" Flour, or plain flour will do.
    ♦ 4 eggs.
    ♦ Chilli Flakes

For the dish
    This doesn't need specific ingredients, just put in what vegetables you really like, it will be good either way.

♦ A red and a yellow capsicum (or as you rednecks call them, Peppers)
    ♦ 4 or so cherry tomatoes cut in half
    ♦ 1/2 cup baby spinich
    ♦ 1tsp crushed garlic
    ♦ 1 small red chilli
    ♦ Half a zuchinni
    ♦ Half an eggplant
    ♦ Any other vege's you want, just don't put too much.
    ♦ A skillet (For char grilling the veg
    ♦ Olive Oil
    ♦ 1/2 cup white wine
    ♦ Fetta
    ♦ Pre Boiled Chilli Fettuchine.
    Preperation of the Pasta

Step number Uno.
    Mix about 1 tbs od chilli poweder though the floud then place in a mound on a clean and dry bench. Make a well in the centre of the flour. Crack 4 eggs into the centre of the well. Use a fork to gently whisk the eggs while using your other hand to secure the outer walls of the flour. Continue whisking, gradually drawing in the flour as you go until the dough becomes thick.

Step Duo.
    Use your hands to bring the dough together. Knead the dough for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. (To check if the dough is ready, press it with the tip of your finger. If it springs back, it means it's good to go) Shape the dough into a disc and coat lightly with flour. Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.

Step Tre
    Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the dough. Set the pasta machine on the widest setting and coat the pasta rollers lightly in flour. Feed 1 portion of dough through the machine. Repeat 6 more times, folding the pasta into thirds and then turning it 90 degrees to the pasta machine before you feed the pasta dough through each time.

Step four
    When the dough is the same width as the machine, stop folding it into thirds. Continue to feed the dough through the machine, gradually narrowing the pasta machine settings, 1 notch at a time, before you feed the pasta dough through each time. Repeat until you reach the second last setting on the machine. Repeat with the remaining 3 dough portions.

Step 5
    Cut 1 pasta sheet in half crossways. Set the pasta machine to the fettuccine setting and feed the pasta sheet through. Lightly coat the fettuccine with flour to stop it sticking together. Repeat with the remaining pasta sheets. To cut fettuccine by hand, roll up the pasta sheet lengthways to form a log. Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into 1cm-thick slices. Unroll the fettuccine and lightly coat in flour

So thats the pasta done now here comes the..........

Preperation of the OTHER STUFF!

Step 1
    Simply just sice up all the ingredients, it really doesn't matter, just make sure when doing the capsicums that the pieces aren't too large because it will overflavour the dish. Slice the Eggplant and Zuc into about 5mm circles. because of the water content they will shrivel up, and you doesn't want them to fade away. Make sure the chilli is VERY thin and if you don't want it too spicey take the seeds out.
    Or and don't cut up the Spinich.

Step Two
    Heat up the skillet and grill all the veges for a little while (Usually till golden brown on each sides. Don't grill the Chilli or the spinich. when finished grillin, place the veges on a plate covered in paper towel.

Step 3
    In a medium sized frying pan heat up a small amount of olive oil, when oil has come to temp, throw in the garlic. When that is starting to sizzle and slightly go brown. Slowly pour in the wine. Keep that on a medium temp until the wine starts to reduce.

Step four
    Throw in all the other veges you want becides the Spinich and the cherry tomatoes and cook them through until hot. (They should already nearly be cooked from the grillin, so it wont take long. Make sure you mix them around the pan alot, coating them in the wine.

Step 5
    Throw in the pasta that you pre boiled and mix it around alot, and leave it to sit for a couple of minutes, but because everything is cooked already, it doesn't take long, only until the pasta heats back up.

Step 6
    Put in the Cherry Tomatoes and Spincich, make sure you be gentle with the tomaoes so they don't squirt everywhere. Cook until the spinish begins to Wilt.

Step 7
    Serve up into a bowel. Put some chunks of fetta ontop and enjoy.

I hope you enjoy that if you make it. 'Cos it took me a frekaing long time to type up HURG Coffee time
    Last edited by Confession; 01-01-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2