Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: An afternoon...

Cilla vs. Games An afternoon... Priscilla's Avatar

Re: An afternoon...

I used to get home and watch Toonami and eat afternoon tea. If there was nothing else on I would play Pokemon or some other game. Go into my backyard and play with my pets or use the swimming pool or tennis court.

I don't do that now. Obviously. But I miss the old days. Primary school was so easy and fun =].

Oh and I had a friend who lived close and would come over every afternoon with her mouse and we'd play with him and mine. =]

Memento Rhapso An afternoon... Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Man, I'm jealous of you guys that got to watch television after school. Once me and my brothers got home, it was "get your homework done as soon as possible!"

Even when we did get our homework finished, we weren't allowed to watch tv or play video games. Most of the time, we had to read or do housework. Oh yeah, there were exceptions, like if there was no school that day, it was fine to watch tv or whatever, and the weekends were fine to do whatever we wanted too, as long as there wasn't any chores to do.

Also, I lived out in the country, and my closest neighbors were miles away from where we lived, and they didn't have any kids to play with, so I basically had to keep myself entertained. That's probably why I played video games so much when I could.

Man, I just totally bummed myself out. Thank God now that I'm an adult, I do whatever I want to, which apparently involves a whole lot of nothing.
    I had practically the same situation, sans the no telley after homeworks
    I always did my homework as fast as possible to be able to catch Yuyu Hakasho and Ruroni Kenshin. Saturdays were dedicated to Yu-Gi-Oh entirely lol went to the nearest bookstore and did the tournaments and crap. I wonder where my deck went. . . .

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! An afternoon... Tallulah's Avatar

I used to always look forward to Thursday afternoons on Children's ITV (it used to be on ITV Mon-Fri between 3-5pm until all the digital channels took it away... but by then I was too old for most of the programming anyway... ) because of the interactive dungeon adventure game show, Knightmare. Spoony did a review of it; the only mistake he makes is saying it was televised by the BBC.

A few years ago, they would show repeats on Challenge TV, and there are some episodes up on YouTube if you wanted to search it and see what all the fuss is about. It is terribly dated now, but I always found it really clever! Why, I think to myself now, it was only green-screen effects.

Oh, and @ Gypsy Elder, the Looney Tunes show with the pink and blue rabbits was Tiny Toon Adventures. I use to love that show too!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Registered User An afternoon... Diyala's Avatar

I used to go back home along with my best friend , our home wasn't that far but I can't forget how the sun was burning our heads , but this can't be mentioned compared to the fun we were having during that walk coz I was walking with the one I love and talking about things I like heheh so we forgot about the heat and out of sudden I found myself in front of our house hehe . we mostly start doing our homework first then go to play with my cousins living nearby ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2