Thread: After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first?

Exclamation After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first?

Ever since the pandemic hit, many things we've once taken for granted have been taken away from us. In my case, I'll probably start simple and start going into museums and theatres again. What about yourselves?

Bananarama After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just want to go places without having to wear a mask. I'm so sick of it.

I also want to just sit at a bar, have some beers and watch sports for an evening without masks, glass partitions or mandatory food orders.

I also just want to be able to go to a concert or baseball game without having to have proof of a negative test or that I've been vaccinated.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just want to go places without having to wear a mask. I'm so sick of it.

I also want to just sit at a bar, have some beers and watch sports for an evening without masks, glass partitions or mandatory food orders.

I also just want to be able to go to a concert or baseball game without having to have proof of a negative test or that I've been vaccinated.
    Yeah, let's all hope for the best. Also, thank you for showing me that these seemingly dead forums have at least some activity... Kinda wondering what everyone is using in first place these days.

Memento RK After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First? Schedule a pot luck party/get together with all of my real life friends.

Next, I'm definately going to travel to see all the online friends who were there for me through this pandemic. I have a few trips in mind and I'm saving money for it.

Having a drink in a bar is definately a must. It's been so long!

I'm mostly looking forward to going back to not having to wear a mask everywhere, and not being anxious about going to the grocery store. It's so odd to have taken that for granted previous to last year.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

I should have shot 1 by thursday of next week. They (work) are making me wait for the second shot.

After that I plan on getting some fried mushrooms (non halusagenic), drink a beer, and watch some live local music.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Bananarama After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got my first shot on Saturday. It was fine other than some arm soreness. My wife got her second shot about 10 days ago and wound up with a fever and chills for about a day. I go for the second shot on 4-10.

I'm glad to be getting vaccinated solely for the fact that it'll ultimately let me do more things. I made it through the worst of things in nyc without any vaccines, so I think I would have been fine regardless, but it's nice to know I'll have a little card that can allow me to go do more things in public
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I invented Go-Gurt. After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Clint's Avatar
    I really just want to go to a public park, not have to worry about wearing a mask, and just go fly a kite. Up to the highest height, and send it soaring. Up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear. I really just want to go fly a kite.

I mean, when you send it flying up there, all at once you're lighter than air. You can dance on the breeze over houses and trees with your fist holding tight to the string of your kite.

Blog Entries
    Not having to wear a mask all day at work will be nice. I could go sit in the tents they have at the bars around here and drink, but meh. Maybe a big event like a concert would be cool to go to?

I dunno if this mask and social distancing business is going to end tho. They keep pushing back the date on when they say it's over. Don't you have to still wear a mask, even if you're vaccinated? Heh...

Blog Entries
    That's what's kind of bullshit about everything. If you get vaccinated, you could be like 98% immune. If that's the case, you shouldn't have to wear a mask anymore.

Now they're talking about other variants, but some of them have zero symptoms and are undetectable. It seems like it's just getting to be out of hand with the fear mongering, to the point where people are just sick of hearing about it every day.

I got my second shot on Saturday. I would very much like to rejoin society as it was before the rona
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

I invented Go-Gurt. After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Clint's Avatar
    If people would just practice good hygiene, masks wouldn't even be necessary. I hardly wear my mask at work since I work outside, I have been exposed six times in the past year, and tested negative six times. But I wash my hands regularly and I don't shove my fingers in my mouth.

Masks are stupid and don't actually make a difference unless you're a complete slob with no hygiene discipline, and whether you're vaccinated or not, nobody should be required to wear them.

I want to play a game. After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Zargabaath's Avatar
    To be honest after the first few months when things were closed, my life kind of returned to normal. I did not frequent restaurants as much due to the not wanting to possibly spread or contract COVID but at the same time if they are open then help the workers out. I went back to the gym once it opened up again. And I still traveled for work to places that tended to be more open than VA. Work was not really affected which was fortunate, there may not have been as much travel initially but we were not closed down. Though I recall seeing a press release from Cuomo about industries/businesses that would be exempt from closing down in NY. After reading it I wondered what was closing down - lol.

I guess what I am most looking forward to is my local Whole Foods opening up their bar/restaurant area again and I can get a beer while I shop. That is definitely something that comes to mind. I was planning on going to a few concerts in 2020 before things fell a part and some sporting events. I may or may not go to a Mets home game, I was planning last year, but I don't know about this year or if I should wait. I'll have to see how I feel down the road plus if I am not already on the road from work.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    They lifted the mask mandate in NY if you're fully vaccinated and the place doesn't still require you to wear one. I have to say, it's a really nice feeling to do something as simple as going to the grocery store without one. People are still wearing them, as is their right, but it's funny to see people giving me dirty looks because of it, like I'm going around throwing vials of covid around.

I've also been to a few bars, which has been nice. I did that before the mask mandate was lifted, but it was still nice to sit at the bar, take my mask off, have a few beers and watch the Mets game.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    My family's gotten together for the first time since before COVID (due to not happy circumstances), and that was good. You don' realize how much you miss stuff like that until you get to do it again.

Church doesn't require us to wear masks anymore, unless we haven't gotten the shot yet. Stores still require it, though, and work does too, heh...

I was already meeting with my friends anyway, so aside from the family being more brave now, not a lot has changed for me, yet.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will be doing precisely what I have been doing since long before the pandemic:
    After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first?-454-jpg

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

The Mad God After this pandemic will be over, what is it that you're gonna do first? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I barely noticed a change, because I was already a hermit. I'm actually gonna miss fast food lobbies being empty because everyone was using the drive through...
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.