Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After 10 Years

Blog Entries

After 10 Years

Osama Bin Laden is dead!!

Confirmed Here

Discuss!!

I think this is fantastic news for you people in the US, but lord knows what kind **** the Al-Qaeda might do because of it. Scary times ahead.

EDIT: Better source here.
    Last edited by Yoko; 05-01-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Gingersnap After 10 Years OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: After 10 Years

It IS concerning. The backlash, that is. All the same, I'm glad. I feel kind of awkward celebrating the death of another human being, but after 10 years of my country needing vengeance for the murder of 3000 people......... I'm pretty pumped about it.

Finally we got the actual guy and not a decoy.

I'm already tipsy....... had celebratory booze with my brother. We're in NYC right now. After Obama's speech...... it's party time.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

I invented Go-Gurt. After 10 Years Clint's Avatar

There is absolutely no way to sum this up better than this;

Congratulations America. Mission accomplished.

**** al Qaeda. Their mastermind and leader is dead. They have three choices now. One; dissolve the organization and disappear forever. Two; turn themselves in and face prosecution. Three; be killed.

Blog Entries

*insert the Team America theme song now*

Let's get drunk and someone stream this movie tonight??

SPOILER!!:
    **** yeah!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Consistently Average After 10 Years Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with OceanEyes at least they've recovered the body to prove that its not a hoax. Here's hoping this will put an end to Al-Qaeda now that their leader is dead but who knows.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries

I'm overjoyed. I really have no words to describe how I feel. So many things are just coming back to me, from that day, so many feelings and just worrying if my family members were alive or hurt or worse. My aunt was in both attacks on the trade center, and was on the 95th floor of the second tower to be hit. She made it out alive both times. My dad was working a few blocks away, and his car was coated with the soot and ashes. I just remember the exchange of phone calls and the worries.

I know this isn't the end of it, not by a long shot, but god damnit, this feels so right, and like such a joyous day. It's only fitting that I sit here, drinking a PBR and just finding myself feeling just happy and yet so proud of our efforts to find him. I honestly never thought he would be found, and that he'd just die in a cave.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

Saw some people blowing smoke in the crowd outside the white house on TV. I hope that was a celebratory blunt being passed around.

Also, while I think it is a good thing, I am scared of what could still happen.

PS please upvote me: http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co..._fox_news_but/ rofl
    Last edited by che; 05-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Bad Boy of TFF After 10 Years Block's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    Osama Bin Laden is dead!!
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

#LOCKE4GOD After 10 Years Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm with Alisyn in feeling weird on celebrating the death of another human. But to quote Twain, "I have never wished death on another man, but have read some obituaries with pleasure."

It's like fighting a hydra, though. Osama was a financier. Zawhiri (sp?) is the brains.

In the meantime, **** YEAH!

Also confused with people's, including Obama's, references to God. God should never be invoked in the name of violence and hatred. Ever. On both sides.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy After 10 Years Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I'm glad he's gone, but like everyone else here I also believe it's far from over. Obama pretty much convinced me with his speech tonight. While people believe Osama's death is a hoax, I'm just here laughing at their ignorance. What a bliss, indeed.

EDIT: A video's being passed around saying that Osama was killed years ago. Why bring it up now? I think THAT is a hoax.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Blog Entries

Well, some people are like a blind dog in a meat locker.

Anything they can't tear down, they shit on.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

Registered User After 10 Years sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes its OK to celebrate the death of som1.... we celebrate Jesus' death.. either way it goes OSAMA'S ASS is GRASS..

I think they should take the bullets back outta that dudes body and sellem on ebay and maybe make som money to pay summa this US debt..lol thatd be tha shit

I do what you can't. After 10 Years Sasquatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm with Alisyn in feeling weird on celebrating the death of another human. But to quote Twain, "I have never wished death on another man, but have read some obituaries with pleasure."
    Good ol' Marky-Mark always knew how to put it. Excellent quote.

I'm the same way. I won't exactly celebrate his death, but I am definitely happy that he is no longer alive.

It's like fighting a hydra, though. Osama was a financier. Zawhiri (sp?) is the brains.
    The next question is, where is the money? Osama's millions of dollars are going somewhere, who's to say that his death will make much difference? The Taliban is financed through organized crime (of sorts) and the drug trade -- we're cracking down on the crime, and opium will be illegal to grow in Afghanistan next year without government permits. Along with the lack of a primary financial source, will they continue to stick around and fight, or will they run out of funding and quit?

Also confused with people's, including Obama's, references to God. God should never be invoked in the name of violence and hatred. Ever. On both sides.
    I agree, but only to a certain extent. While it is sad actually rejoicing over somebody's death, even somebody directly or indirectly responsible for the loss of more than seven thousand lives, three thousand of them civilian, from more than two dozen different countries ... it's only natural to feel no remorse for them. It's like seeing a child molester get beat to death -- you know it's wrong, but it still seems right. The references to God, I believe, are more in regards to justice.

But of course, Obama will claim credit for it, and use it to distract from his myriad domestic problems.

This is prettymuch all I could think of this morning.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Hewerya love...? After 10 Years seanb's Avatar

Well it's an important development in the whole thing.
    I wouldn't be too pushed on the 'let's celebrate and get drunk cos he's DEAD!' ... I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy if there was someone I knew lost their life because of him, But I would probably close that open book of justice feel a small amount of closure personally, to myself.
    Lets hope that this will not provoke further trouble, America has enjoyed peace for the last 10 years, it would be a tragedy if that was interrupted.

Afterall, Bin Laden is ONE person, true he was the leader/mastermind.. but hes most definitely not the only one out their with the brains/know-how to run and operate such an organisation as Al-Qaeda.
    And I don't know if Obama should be getting such credit, this operation has been running for years has it not? And perhaps he just happened to be in the whitehouse when they got their break.. anyone have more detailed (unbiased) info on Obamas involvement with it?
    I dunno, I couldn't celebrate the death of someone I hated "An eye for an eye will make everyone blind."
    Though in this case it seems to be "An Al-Qaeda leader for 3000 innocent people."

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done America. It only took you ten years. /jest

I won't celebrate the fact he's dead, because no matter what, it's not right to celebrate the death of someone like this. It was a bit of a surprise when I woke up to the news, but all I felt was a twang of relief. He's dead. Now what? That doesn't solve everyone's problems yet.

That said, I first heard about it when a friend literally said on Facebook "I wanna know what gun they shot him with!!", and another nasty comment along the lines of "he got shot in da head and his brains came out loooooool!" So I've gone to check the news, and well, all those people complaining that the Royal Wedding took over their news home pages have something else to complain about. I can't even look at my own country's news without going back a page, or hitting "England" again.

He's dead. I understand there's some people who'll feel more justice then others, like Pete for example, but this is far from over. He has a successor, who isn't as popular as Osama, but a successor all the same, and many, many followers. This is a delicate time, where they are going to fight out over his death. I am a little worried.

Quote Originally Posted by sayan
    yes its OK to celebrate the death of som1.... we celebrate Jesus' death.. either way it goes OSAMA'S ASS is GRASS..
    Jesus sacrificed himself for everyone's sins because it was what he was told to do by God. He wasn't shot dead in his hideout for acts of terrorism. Completely different.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

While I don't think it's appropriate for people to be dancing in the streets celebrating (not unlike some extremists did on that terrible day), I do think that it is a huge release for a lot of people, especially those who lost loved ones.

If ever there was a day to raise a glass, though, this is it.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Is nobody else thinking bullshit on this?

He was identified and then shot in the face and buried at sea? No evidence what so ever other than some group of soldiers word?

More smoke and mirrors from the US in regards to confirming crital information.

Obama: Good news people we shot and killed bin laden last night, broke into Pakistan without their consent and blew the shit outta the place, identified him and then blew his head off.

nix: What happened to his body? Can we see it for our own personal closure?

Obama: No we tossed him into the ocean where nobody will ever find him and didnt take any pics or anything..

nix: but why?

Obama: Its all good America, go back to sleep!

nix: AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Are you all seriously jumping on the belief band wagon this blindly? Its stinks of bullshit...

Perhaps im not seeing all the info released? Is there something i'm missing?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Is nobody else thinking bullshit on this?

He was identified and then shot in the face and buried at sea? No evidence what so ever other than some group of soldiers word?

More smoke and mirrors from the US in regards to confirming crital information.

Obama: Good news people we shot and killed bin laden last night, broke into Pakistan without their consent and blew the shit outta the place, identified him and then blew his head off.

nix: What happened to his body? Can we see it for our own personal closure?

Obama: No we tossed him into the ocean where nobody will ever find him and didnt take any pics or anything..

nix: but why?

Obama: Its all good America, go back to sleep!

nix: AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Are you all seriously jumping on the belief band wagon this blindly? Its stinks of bullshit...

Perhaps im not seeing all the info released? Is there something i'm missing?
    If he's not dead, he'll record a VHS tape of him laughing with his middle finger up for us all to watch.

Then we'll all be very red faced. Redder faced than Sony.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    If he's not dead, he'll record a VHS tape of him laughing with his middle finger up for us all to watch.

Then we'll all be very red faced. Redder faced than Sony.
    Or he never shows his face again and gets away with everything he has done?

The point being, they should have made an effort to present the most solid evidence they possibly could, as opposed to covering it all up as quickly as they could, its just stinks of bullshit

Why not take pics? why not keep the body and perform an autopsy? (sp?) as im sure the gun used to pop one in his head didnt leave much of his head considering the weaponry the US forces use..

Am I seriously the only one thinking this?

Dark Knight After 10 Years Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar

You should never celebrate another human being's death, no matter what they did. For that matter, what DID he do?
    He didn't cause 9/11, that was somebody else...
    ....yeah, and that's all that these "terrorists" really ever did, DEFEND THEIR HOMELAND ASIDE.
    So tell me, how is his death so great, and just what the **** is it even supposed to change?

EDIT: OH! I KNOW! NOW WE CAN RAID AFGHANISTAN FREELY AND MURDER THEIR PEOPLE AND RAPE THEIR WOMEN, IT'S SO GREAT!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT EDIT: Assholes.
    SPOILER!!:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Knight Luna
    You should never celebrate another human being's death, no matter what they did. For that matter, what DID he do?
    He didn't cause 9/11, that was somebody else...
    ....yeah, and that's all that these "terrorists" really ever did, DEFEND THEIR HOMELAND ASIDE.
    So tell me, how is his death so great, and just what the **** is it even supposed to change?

EDIT: OH! I KNOW! NOW WE CAN RAID AFGHANISTAN FREELY AND MURDER THEIR PEOPLE AND RAPE THEIR WOMEN, IT'S SO GREAT!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT EDIT: Assholes.
    As I said in your warning for trolling (meaning the rest of TFF need not flame/troll him back, please state opinions calmly): You can have an opinion without using it to intentionally piss people off.

No one said anything about raiding Afghanistan or raping its women. What is wrong with you?

There is so much that I don't agree with in your post, I won't even start.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy After 10 Years Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Well, some people are like a blind dog in a meat locker.

Anything they can't tear down, they shit on.
    Ugh. Indeed. Now skeptics believe Osama's been dead for years (great, why bring it up NOW and not when, supposedly, when it should have been a big issue?). Others believe Osama is still alive and that the Navy Seals and Obama are lying about it. Bunch of conspiracy theories, the U.S. has.

Can't we all just be glad the man's dead? If Obama's lying, why didn't he do it sooner? And don't even bring up the 10th anniversary of 9/11, because there's still months to go before that.

-----

That was just for any skeptics that have posted and will post here. I've met so much ignorance today, so forgive me IF I sounded a little mean.

EDIT: Doesn't mean I knowingly sounded mean.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Registered User After 10 Years Kaiden's Avatar

Nix, my explanation would be he was buried at sea so some guy doesn’t dig up his remains and trash it. It was also talked about, the choice of country he would be buried in and would that country actually want him there. To add another point, this is straight from one of the articles in the OP.

"After Mr. Bin Laden was killed, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea."

As to the other dude, seriously? He never did anything wrong? He financed and helped coordinate the murder of thousands of innocent people but I guess that is nothing.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Ok that i dont have a problem with, but! 24 hours is plenty of time to take a few snaps on a camera, video footage, dna samples etc

And yet the only evidence we have is someones word???

Yep, i killed him, shot him in the head, then the islamics who actually hate the guy and want nothing to do with him, wanted to give him a proper burial at sea...

Fact remains they could and should have provided some solid evidence into their claim, they didnt, and here i am scratching my head wondering if its the truth.

Perhaps if we just take the US Governements track record on telling the truth in the passed??? Oh wait, they are notoriuous liers and it gets eaten up every time....

Sorry peeps im just not buying it , my eyes need to see! They always have and always will...

Screenshot or it didnt happen

I want to play a game. After 10 Years Zargabaath's Avatar

For evidence there took DNA samples that matched. There was face recognition, height. An I.D. by one of the civilians there referring to the target as Bin Laden. Also, there are pics and video of the operation. They just aren't releasing them right now due to security reasons plus analyzing the data. They don't want to rush releasing information that might compromise doing a similar operation again on a different target. It's been like, what, 24 hours, since the operation - relax and give them some time.

As for hearing the news - surprised. A person doesn't expect to hear news of that magnitude when they wake up. Clearly this is President Obama's wedding gift to William & Catherine; by taking the media's attention off of them to this. Give them so peace. I'm glad that our forces and intelligence networks were able to get him. His death is not the instant victory over Al Qaeda, but it affirmed that the U.S. would hunt those who attack our nation. He may have been close to dying anyways from his poor health but actually killing him sends a message. Retribution may not heal the wounds of the victims of Sept. 11 instantly and fully, or ever. With that, retribution does heal some of the wounds. A day I will not forget.

I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm surprised there aren't protests against the U.S. for doing this unilaterally and without the consent/informing Pakistan before the operation took place. Got to give some props to Obama on that move.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 05-05-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I do what you can't. After 10 Years Sasquatch's Avatar

First off, he was identified, he was shot, then identified fully, then buried. And second, the word of a Soldier, expecially a group of Navy SEALs, is more than good enough for me.

So you don't have enough proof, because the word of the most powerful tactical special forces group in the world isn't good enough for you, and apparently neither is the DNA collected from the body and compared to known samples of his DNA, or the system that the United States military (and a few others, at least) uses that recognizes fingerprints, facial structure, and iris scans.

Or he never shows his face again and gets away with everything he has done?
    Do you think that's realistic? He preaches that dying for his cause is the most noble thing a Muslim can do, he thrives on attention, and he's the most wanted man in the world, with one of the most well-known faces. It's not like he can just "never show his face again" and nobody will ever notice him.

The point being, they should have made an effort to present the most solid evidence they possibly could, as opposed to covering it all up as quickly as they could, its just stinks of bullshit
    Because ... it's their job to convince every conspiracy theorist on the internet?

Why not take pics?
    Because most SEAL teams don't keep cameras on them. What are they going to do, pose with the body like they just shot a deer?

why not keep the body and perform an autopsy? (sp?) as im sure the gun used to pop one in his head didnt leave much of his head considering the weaponry the US forces use..
    If he was shot in the head, I can tell you that he was probably shot with either the 5.56x45mm M855A1 round, newly developed and not in widespread use yet (as opposed to the regular M855 ball rounds still used by most of the rest of the military) fired from an M4 or a carbine variant of the M249; or the 9mm NATO round, a slightly overpressured variant of the 9mm Parabellum round, more commonly known as the 9x19mm or the 9mm Luger, fired from a Sig 226. As the United States military abides by Geneva and Hague rules that disallow bullets designed specifically to expand or tumble to increase cavitation upon impact, all rounds would be "ball"-type rounds, especially the 9mms.

But please, tell me what "weaponry the US forces [sic] use", since you know so much about it apparently -- at least enough to know that two rounds "didn't leave much of his head".

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    ... (meaning the rest of TFF need not flame/troll him back, please state opinions calmly) ... There is so much that I don't agree with in your post, I won't even start.
    *sigh* ... yes ma'am ... Though I would love to find this little child and knock some sense into him, I'll stay quiet here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Ugh. Indeed. Now skeptics believe Osama's been dead for years (great, why bring it up NOW and not when, supposedly, when it should have been a big issue?).
    Because there's never been proof until now. I'm honestly surprised that he's made it this long, but there has been no proof of his death. While I wouldn't put it past most politicians to use this as a support-gaining theme, I would imagine that, if that were to be the case, this would have come to light much closer to the time for an election or re-election. We'll have to see how much or how little Obama uses this to advance his political agenda. Hopefully he won't be like Clinton and constantly screw over the military until he needed something to distract from his impeachment hearings.

Ok that i dont have a problem with, but! 24 hours is plenty of time to take a few snaps on a camera, video footage, dna samples etc
    They did take DNA -- that's how they confirmed who it was.

Yep, i killed him, shot him in the head, then the islamics who actually hate the guy and want nothing to do with him, wanted to give him a proper burial at sea...
    "Who actually hate the guy and want nothing to do with him"? He was being hidden in a city full of Paki military. This should test our relationship with Pakistan -- "you SOBs can't honestly tell me that you're incompetent enough to not even know that the most wanted man in the world is living in the same city as many of your military retirees and an army base."

erhaps if we just take the US Governements track record on telling the truth in the passed??? Oh wait, they are notoriuous liers and it gets eaten up every time....
    If you want to find -- or, more likely, fabricate -- lies to hold the U.S. government accountable for, go ahead. I'm certainly not one to claim that they are an honest bunch. But this is a common-sense sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm surprised there aren't protests against the U.S. for doing this unilaterally and without the consent/informing Pakistan before the operation took place.
    I'm sure there will be protests. But like I said, it also raises the question of the competence of the Pakistani military and intelligence systems, or lack thereof -- at the very least. Moreso, it raises questions on the corruption of the Pakistani military and intelligence systems. Which is precisely why we didn't inform Pakistan of the operation, I have no doubt.

But as has been pointed out already, in multiple different threads ... the demonstrations going on in the United States right now don't exactly shine a positive light on us. When parts of the world think of us as bloodthirsty warmongers, and we celebrate the violent death of anybody, even a piece of pig shit like bin Laden, they certainly pay attention to that.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Blog Entries

Yeah, there was a lot of celebrating. And I understand why, I was even guilty of it myself. I know how it looks or how it could be interpreted. But I've already seen enough about how other people think everyone else should behave.

Personally, I wasn't celebrating that a man got shot in the head; it was more over the fact that a long chapter of fearing the man who hurt us once before is over. Yes, there is still terrorism; no, we are not done. But we finally accomplished what we said we would almost 10 years ago. Families of murder victims probably don't rejoice over the violence involved with taking a serial killer out of this world.... they more likely rejoice that he won't be coming back.

Also, I celebrated a brief period of unity here in NYC. So many gathered at Ground Zero, were nice to each other, all races and religions, Muslims shaking hands and chanting "USA!" with the rest of us... it was neat.

Haters gonna hate.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries

It was mass catharsis. We all experienced the horrors and tragedy of 9/11 on SOME level. To know that the mastermind behind it, and ultimately the face of modern day evil is dead at the hand of the nation he victimized, is a great relief and really an exorcism of past demons and feelings. No, it doesn't mean that the war on terror is over, or even that the worst is yet to come, but for one day, in what's been a pretty shitty decade, as a nation, we are unified in knowing that our collective enemy lie dead by our hand.

Even though we may have only eliminated a figurehead, bin laden represented evil. For just one day, we were able to put all of our differences aside, regardless of race, political affiliation or even sports team (Mets and Phillies fans overjoyed together, chanting "USA! USA! USA!" was a beautiful and chilling moment), and we all saw the bigger picture. Like Obama said, this was a tale of American perseverance, and for once this decade, we have a truly shining moment.

I also heard that there was a DNA sample that was also compared with bin laden's sister.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Words on this occasion are not enough, if they have DNA samples then sorry, I hadn't heard. Still id like to see pics for my own personal closure as I'm not a scientist and pretty sure I wouldn't know how to read DNA strains, also i doubt I would be able get access to the DNA... heh

In regards to the need for solid proof, yeah its pretty much a given when you apply logic to the situation. Why travel all that way by your own private means to kill a man and not take a picture if you don't intend to take the body home?

I'm sure one of the 40 that went over would have had a camera yes, atleast one, and yeah I don't know where I got the idea of a US marine posing with their marks..

*****CORPSE ALERT, PUSSIES AVERT YOUR EYES*****

SPOILER!!:

Oh look, is that a camera on his helmet? think he may be able to take a picture of a corpse with that? Do Navy seals shop at a different store or?

Anyway all i want is a pic for proof, that's all im saying really..

Don't mean to be coming off as a hater or anything, im glad hes dead if he is

EDIT: That spoiler tag doesn't work on pics too good, was hoping to make the viewing of a real corpse an optional thing but meh, anyway, it will toughen you up

EDIT take 2: Ah it does work, Woohoo!!!!
    Last edited by nix; 05-02-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Nix, the only problem with that, is much like when pics of Saddam's hanging and when his kid's pictures were released. It can cause a whole lot of backlash within the rest of the world. Quite frankly, it's no excuse to me, personally, since I still want to see the pics. According to CNN, there are pictures, indicating that he was hit on the left side of his head, but that the government is leery to release them, out of concerns that they may be used as propaganda.

Also, there are several ideas as to why there was a burial at sea, ranging from trying to give a proper and humane Muslim burial, to a man who would likely not be claimed by a country. There was also the idea that if there was a burial site, it would attract both potential martyrs and people who would go to desecrate the site.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast