Thread: Stupid work problems

Bananarama Stupid work problems Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stupid work problems

Anyone else get sent on wild goose chases at work? I work in construction, in a division where I have to go to various locations and provide need based services to our clients. My office gives me a few jobs to go to a day, usually with a description, address and contact details. Simple shit, really.

Today, I got sent to a job at Queens Center Mall at 8am. It's close to my house, I'm happy. I get there and call my contact, let's call him Jersey Mike. I tell him that I'm at his site, and he gives me general directions to where he exactly is. Totally not matching up to anything I see. Midway through the conversation, he tells me he's at the Kings Plaza Mall, which isn't so close.

I call my office to get this figured out. They seem equally confused and give me another number for, let's say Long Island Mike. I call him, no answer.

I start going to every storefront being worked on in the mall, asking workers if they needed anything from my company. No dice.

I call my boss, asking him to help me straighten this out. He tells me to head over to Kings Plaza, which I do. As I leave the parking lot, Long Island Mike calls me, telling me that he scheduled me for 930, and to stay put. I already paid my garage parking, had to circle the block and get another ticket.

Five minutes ago, Jersey Mike called and asked when he could expect me. He doesn't even know what he needs, but since I called, for something he doesn't even need, he's getting worried that he does need it. Phone won't stop blowing up.

Long story short, my office confused Kings and Queens, and two guys with the same name. I got sent around and am out about 5 bucks in parking.

It's 9am and I could already use a beer.

Anyone else have any fun work stories?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

People don't read things I send them and they get mad at me.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Memento RK Stupid work problems Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm currently being accused of eating my CEO's tuna sandwich. ^_^
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Certified tech, come at me! Stupid work problems SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is more of an entertaining problem, but anyways, I volunteer at a career school's helpdesk and I also do freelance IT work. I have been working with a teacher at the help desk that was having intermittent blue screen problems (which was found to be caused by a problem driver in the end,) but off and on, I'd go down there, perform cleanups, diagnostic checks, and other things and the problem wouldn't reappear everytime she would call me down there.

The last time she called the help desk, I was talking to her and my phone rang and it was another customer that need my help so I answered that so I found myself bouncing between two different calls talking about two different computer issues. Thankfully the cellphone call was brief and the other call I was on came to a resolution of the solution of the teacher's blue screen problem was caused by a print driver that she uses with her home printer.
    Currently Playing:

Bananarama Stupid work problems Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    I'm currently being accused of eating my CEO's tuna sandwich. ^_^
    You animal
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I invented Go-Gurt. Stupid work problems Clint's Avatar
    I had a girl quit yesterday because she got into an argument with another girl. And today, the other girl quit because she didn't want to work with the first girl anymore. She didn't realize the other girl already quit, so I guess they're both ****ing stupid.

Queen Stupid work problems Crescent's Avatar
    Indecisive clients n sleazy photographers. A funny work story I remember was when this random guy (white guy with dreads n was barefoot) walked in to work n told me to hit up his soundcloud channel.

For those that know me know that I work in aviation. It's always interesting when we get new hires. If the new hire is cool we generally only give them a little hell but if they walk in like they know everything then that's when the fun begins.

We send those particular individuals on dummy runs all the time and will call ahead to the next area so they know who's coming and what's going on.

When I worked for Lufthansa we sent a guy to 11 different areas before finally sending him to the parts crib, which was ran by a woman, looking for 6 inches of fallopian tunes. Needless to say that was just the start of his personal hell amd ended up quitting a few weeks later.

Other classics are the left handed monkey wrench, prop wash, a 1/2 in-lbs max torque wrench, tube stretchers, metal extenders, and non reversible gear wrenches.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards: