Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: @tff

@tff

Just out of curiosity, how many of you TFF members are actually in contact with each other outside of the forums? I've been wondering why none of the Clubs are active that's all.

Blog Entries
    What little activity remained of the clubs was killed by the social groups. Why the clubs started failing to start with was a bit of a mystery. The general consensus is that it was the same thing that happened to the general activity of the entire forums. Existing members grew bored of the same discussions or felt that the same things were only be discussed and thus stopped participating in what kept the most forum active and we never received a large enough influx of new members to discuss old topics that were fresh to them.

Also the core membership grew out of their middle school and high school years and became adults. So they had less of the free time they used to have and had other things to do. The forums largely grew older and never received enough younger members to keep certain parts of the forums as alive as they used to be.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Old Skool Warrior @tff LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Social Groups replaced Clubs. That's also a large reason why Clubs went away.

To answer your question though, I'd say I keep up with about a dozen TFFers on a regular basis, not counting the ones I run into on FFXIV.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Consistently Average @tff Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I chat with a couple members over Skype, but I've been prety slack with that recently (and that sucks >.<). It's directly proportional to my general ativity here actually.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Gypsy Elder and Che on FB and Rowan on steam, thats about it.. I think, Id gladly add more but who wants to be friends with the biggest bastard on these forums?!?

I used to be friends with the vast majority of active TFFers on AIM but i haven't used that in years and most of them ain't active anymore save Loco and Incog..

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    I regularly speak to a grand total of four members outside of these forums. One is an on-again, off-again member who disappears for months at a time. One abandoned the forums a long time ago when real life took precedence but we still keep in touch. One is a Super Lurker. One is Canadian. Outside some of the more popular social media networks (FB, G+, Instagram) I have almost every other communication avenue installed and available.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

I talk to che all the time, dudes my bro. I'll spam Gypsy Elder when I see her on Skype. I have Loco and Dawezy on steam but I don't talk to them much.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth @tff Xanatos's Avatar
    I used to chat with several members who are rarely here anymore via MSN, but MSN is kinda dead and we never established connection through other social medias.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognitus View Post
    One is a Super Lurker.
    Oh snap, SOLDIER #819!
    And I bet good ol' Spike is the one who abandoned us. He's one of my dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I talk to che all the time, dudes my bro. I'll spam Gypsy Elder when I see her on Skype. I have Loco and Dawezy on steam but I don't talk to them much.
    I'm not on my computer as much as I used to be. Although we harass each other on Facebook and that counts, right?

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

That's right I do spam your statuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    I used to chat with several members who are rarely here anymore via MSN, but MSN is kinda dead and we never established connection through other social medias.

Yeah nobody really took the Skype group that serious as we did with MSN.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Man, Skype is on 24/7 on my computer (when it's on) and my phone (always). Of course, I won't answer Skype calls at work, but... get at me, bros.

If your Skype handle doesn't match your TFF handle, please include a message with your friend request so I know who you are; otherwise, I'll ignore it.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much, when MSN died, I stopped keeping in touch with most of the people here ona regular basis. I used to be hooked up to MSN every night from a few hours to the whole damn night, to chat with people here and college buddies for studying chat.

I have most of the folks on Facebook and Twitter. But out of everyone, I probably keep in touch with Joe more so than anyone. TFF cousins for life, yo! <3

I have Skype, but I don't like it. The app is handy, and I pop on now and then to see who's about. But I'm not a very good conversation starter, and prefer it if people come to pick my mind. I'm weird/shy like that. =3

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

You are all welcome to skype me,

anytime.

Blog Entries
    I talk to a few people on a somewhat random basis, usually by text message. Sometimes when drunk.

Generally I text Cesar (Loco), Meier Link, maybe Rocky(Andrew), and sometimes Yoko. Tiff lives in the area, and I talk to her, but we haven't hung out in awhile, but that's my fault.

I tend to lose numbers a lot. Text me and most likely I'll respond... Pm me for my number though
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I haven't randomly texted Pete in years.

Edit: I have Rowan on Steam.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Thanks for remembering me <3

Blog Entries
    What Andromeda said is true. I partially feel bad because I could have done better to help grow the community instead of being an elitest jerk. =| The clubs seemed to slow down by a lot, and I'll admit, answering the same questions again on different final fantasy games seemed to not be worth it to me to add input again, mostly because my opinions on the game didn't change and/or I didn't feel like replaying through the game in search of a different outlook on it.

Definitely what I considered the "heart" of the community have more or less dispersed into the different corners of the earth and are all busy doing their own thing. We had MSN chats that always had people talking and having good times going on at different parts of the night, practically every night back in 2008. I got to talk to the aussies like Doc Rocco, Froggie, Tiger Lily, Priscilla, Nathan, and other cool people like Violet, Oceaneyes, Pete, Fishie, Victoria, Gemma, Joe, Meier, Polk, Dodie, Hyzenthlay, Loaf, Sarah, Supersabin, TG Oskar, Azuteor, and a whole hell of a lot of other people I can't seem to remember, and that was just the start, then we had a new era when we had Block, Gypsy Elder, the return of che, and other new people joining... But yeah, getting to meet and befriend you all was a great honor, wouldn't trade my years on tff for another forum, and if I still somehow win the Monopoly Million from McDonalds I'm holding up my end of the bargain and organizing a meet up.. ya crazies...

Nowadays, I havent been active at ALL, I don't even lurk daily like I used to, buuuut thats kind of life for you I guess, I guess other stuff has more priority and holds my interest then this forum. Hard to believe that I'll be a member for 12 years though, that's almost half my life here!

As far as keeping up with my favorite tffers, Pete/Westley I don't have an excuse for not messaging and I feel terrible for not at least sending a text once in awhile, we should talk, I'd like to see how you guys are doing; not much has changed on my end haha. Ally I have on skype but shes never on I don't think, and she's busy with her real life I can imagine. Peter always shoots me a message once in awhile but I'm usually not around when he does and I forget to respond because I'm a lazy and bad person. I'm in a skype group with Brett and Steve's real life friends lmao, I mostly lurk but I'll post sometimes, those guys are always up to something. Kyle I haven't legit talked to in like a year, back on skype when he gave me his user/pass to try out the ff14 beta but he is my twin and I miss him as well. Mel I talked to here and there but shes busy with real life I'm sure. Cesar's phone number is one that I dont think transferred over to phones for some reason, must be my phone trying to protect me from the danger-prone curse that you have, idk.

Anyways, I had a great nostalgia rush, enjoyed the memories of being a newb and watching the elites cause havoc, to getting my turn to do it myself, to getting caught up in real life and watching it happen via lurking. I love you all, miss you all, get in touch with me you apes, goodnight!
    Last edited by Rocky; 05-30-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Certified tech, come at me! @tff SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I talk with some of the TFF people outside of TFF. I used to be in contact with a good bunch, still see them post on FB and all. Rowan, once in awhile, IMs me on skype, I shot Meier a message several days back on FB. The TFF member i've probably talked the most to these days is, you may not remember him, ruin (formerly miles). We've been talking on skype recently, and he is doing well. It was pretty cool getting to know TFF members over the years, I was like, 17 when I first got into the gig. Atmanoah was the first person I've really made friends with, then Joe, then Rocky, and the rest is history. I feel like over the years the way I've talked to people has changed which has been pretty cool to see myself do over time (except for the time I ended up banned), aside from that its been a fun experience that may continue to happen, not quite as much since we are all much more busy than usual.

Other than that, those who have me on some sort of friend's list, feel free to hit me up I guess.
    Currently Playing:

The Persistent Flourish @tff Alice's Avatar
    I was one of the Australian members who were most active around.. I think it was '09? It's been a while. My name was Zeromune at the time. Honestly, I haven't been able to keep much contact with anyone. As people have said, everybody has moved onto different things. Sometimes it's hard to initiate a conversation again with someone, and sometimes they're just not available. I think the deal with my Facebook TFF contacts in particular is that we have no reason to actually message each other, besides a quick five minute catch-up - we just kind of acknowledge each other's existence on the news feed here and then. Kind of depressing to think about.

I do manage to talk to Fishie/Dimitri here and then. Sometimes we manage to get a group chat going with former members, but those tend to die pretty quickly too. I'd like to get a proper reunion of sorts going, but perhaps it's not my place to try? Only half of the people back in the day actually knew me on some sort of personal level. Honestly wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't remember me.

Death Before Dishonor @tff Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When MSN was still going I was always in touch with several TFF members. Rocky, Sabin, Che, Mel, never really talked to Joe that much seeing as how for some reason he hated me, or at least acted like he did. I pretty much lurk here anymore. I still message Rocky every now and then on League of Legends but he is to ****ing elite to ever play a game with me . I don't use Skype cause I have win8 and it derps super hard for me. There was a member here I used to stay in touch with frequently we were pretty close, but she doesn't text me anymore so I assume she hates me lol. I mean I would be down to talk to anyone, but all I really have is teamspeak haha. I don't use facebook, and as said above I don't use Skype.
    Last edited by Josh_R; 06-01-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    There was a member here I used to stay in touch with frequently we were pretty close, but she doesn't text me anymore so I assume she hates me lol..

I think i know this person

Oh yeah Rocky removed me from League cause I'm not lvl30.

it hurt.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    I have been pretty bad lately about keeping in touch. I am sorry. <3

Between planning a wedding, writing, and playing shows, I pretty much just lurk and then sign off. It's been a while since I opened Skype. My baaad.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Death Before Dishonor @tff Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Oh yeah Rocky removed me from League cause I'm not lvl30.

it hurt.
    That's cold. We should all gang up and Andrew for being mean.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

TFF's Resident Messenger @tff Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rowan and I talk every few weeks or so via Skype. Then there's always random Facebook posts and tweets to read from fellow TFFers. And it's always a mini-reunion and chat session when GypsyElder broadcasts on twitch.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    i didnt even realize i removed you, add me back yo

or ill add you, whats your summoner name again?????
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. @tff noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I talk to che on Skype. And sometimes Pete via text, but it's been awhile. *coughbeercough*

I wonder who this loafsies guy is on my friend's list. Do I know a loaf? Nope PEACE.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I speak with supersabin on skype sometimes, speak with Swayne on fb and skype sometimes too, as well as nicki and seanB. Not as often with alpha but he's probably really busy with life and doesnt have time for a bum like me (my words, not his). Gots the loaf and the nix on the steam , still waiting to kick some ass in dota, but as we all know, he who plays the battle arena mutiplayer blahblah, reaction time is crucial and id be hindered over on the US servers. I'd still probably kick ass cause im THAT good, but hell, wouldnt you brag after playing the same game for 8 years?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast