Thread: 71 Posts?!

71 Posts?!

Welcome back, Angantyr, there have been 71 posts and 4 threads since your last visit at 12:47 AM, 10-08-11
    What the hell happened? When I left here it was like 200 odd posts a day which I thought was kind of low. When I posted here regularly there was like 500 odd posts a day, some times on busy days it would reach 1000 posts in 24 hours.

And it's not just TFF, I've noticed pretty much everywhere has gone quiet. Is everybody over at gaia now or something?

Re: 71 Posts?!

I know what you mean. I wish this place were a little busier. Don't get me wrong...it's more active than any other Final Fantasy forum I've visited, but it could be more active. Especially the, well, Final Fantasy sections.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Blog Entries

Reddit. Digg. Facebook. Google+. Twitter. Stumbleupon.

also

Final Fantasy forums only really get active when a new game comes out. And since XIII was pretty easy to figure out (oh you figured out what paradigms to use? You win), then there aren't as many questions.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth 71 Posts?! Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Reddit. Digg. Facebook. Google+. Twitter. Stumbleupon.
    This, and some of us have other business to attend to, school has just began and whatnot... also, there's so many times one can answer to same topic, you know, what's your favorite character/final fantasy and that sort of things.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I know I haven't been here long, but I do have a suggestion, albeit a rather drastic one, that may help activity in the long run: cut down on the number of forums (i.e., merge them).

I understand completely the desire to be organized, but there has to be a few dozen forums here, so many in fact that it's more confusing than organized to the average person's eyes -- overwhelming, in fact. I find it unnecessary to have a dedicated forum for each Final Fantasy game when a single forum would do just fine given this community's current activity. I also see no reason to have general discussion split between "Intellectual Discussion" and "General Chat." Music, Television and Animation can all fall under a single "Entertainment" board, among other things. Overall there's a lot of meat that could use some cutting.

There's a message board that I occasionally lurk that has thousands of posts per day but only about three forums and it's effective.

Note that I'm just tossing the suggestion out there, and don't mean to sound condescending or offend the staff, so feel free to give me a swift kick in the ass.

This is my sin... 71 Posts?! Lucid's Avatar

*Cough* I have to admit that I'm on Gaia a lot, but only to RP. Sadly, almost every RPer on that site sucks ass and I end up getting ditched. I think it's like 8 times I've been ditched in a RP now.

Before that though, I just used to go on there to troll. lol