View Poll Results: What kind of mobile plan do you have?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a pay-as-you-go (no monthly fee) mobile phone plan.

5 50.00%
  • I pay monthly for my mobile's SIM card, but the phone is owned by me.

2 20.00%
  • I pay monthly and got my phone for a discounted price.

2 20.00%
  • I pay monthly and got a free phone out of it.

0 0%
  • I don't own a mobile phone.

1 10.00%
  • Other.

0 0%

Thread: "£40 a month for 24 months and get a free iPhone4 when you switch today!"

Blog Entries

Lightbulb "£40 a month for 24 months and get a free iPhone4 when you switch today!"

Mobile phone contracts!

So there really seems to be a strange distribution of who owns and who does not own a mobile phone contract in this world. For instance I've met many, many individuals who can scarcely afford to put a decent meal on the table who wave around Blackberries with unlimited minutes as though they're just toys (and often break and somehow get free replacements for them), and people who can afford the phones but are just too savvy to realise that spending £1000+ on a phone that will soon be outdated by a newer model may not be the best use of their money.

Personally I've never spent more than £100 on a phone or more than £10 within a month actually using it.

So what about you? Do you have a paid contract, what kind of benefits do you get? Or are you using a phone on a top-up basis?

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Xanatos's Avatar
    Honestly, I would rather sign a contract with the devil as our mobile phone operators take both your soul and money... bit extreme of me, but you get the gist of it. I usually spend 15KM (10$) per month on calls and messages, never gave more than 100 KM (70$) for a mobile phone (I usually buy used ones), and I never will.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    Tbh, I hate cell phones. Nothing annoys me more than when I'm hanging out with some one and they just sit with their phone in their hand the whole time. I share a safelink phone which I only use to keep in the car in case of emergency.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a contract. There's no point because I don't call anyone, and I don't text anyone. I put £10 credit on every two months, if that.

I've been considering getting a contract though. Mostly for social networking and such.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I have an expensive phone which was free with activation as part of a promotional offer. I have an unlimited call, text and data plan which I pay quite a bit for.
    I really like having all that, but its probably going to be a thing of the past when I start college in a few months.
    Too bad I cant work my way up to where I want to be. Gotta get that paper so I can get that paper so I can live like a rockstar..

I've been off a contract for 2 years, they just treat me like I'm still on contract but I can cancel without any penalties. It's pretty nice since they never complain when I'm late on my bill.

I'm waiting to purchase a phone at full price and then upgrading.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    I currently have an unlimited plan through nTellos. It is a $80 per month plan for a blackberry. The phone itself only cost $49.99, but I had to do a 2 year contract through them. If I leave then I have to pay the full price of phone like $200 and a $100 penalty fee. Kinda bullshit but I love my phone so there.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

ive had a contract phone for years, switched to a sim only 12 month plan a couple of years ago and just got my own phone, I always **** them up, so didnt see the point in paying 30 odd quid a month when i can just buy a phone off ebay and pay a tenner a month, which reminds me my contract was up about a month ago, i need to rign them and haggle an even better deal, im such a skin flint

I remember when cellular telephones were invented. They were giant things, only used in the military. I remember when only us rich folk could afford them. You poor people ruined that for us.

I never had one, though. I've always been too busy making love or making money to have time for things like mobile telephones. I don't need a phone for people to get in touch with me. Everybody knows where to find me. Just knock on the door of Eastwood Manor.

beatrix
    I used to be a cell phone junkie. Till I took a life to the knee. But now, I personally just use a prepaid cell phone and put $20 on it once every two or three months, and on top of that, I only use it for emergencies. Hooray for the more durable older fliptop phones!

Im on a $60 per month plan. Gives me unlimited text, $700 worth of calls and 2gb worth of 3g data. Its the best plan for me.