Thread: The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate

TFF's Resident Messenger The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate

It's the most wonderful time of the year! The time when we gather together and recognize those among us who have exhibited exceptional quality in the forum arts. To honor those that have made us LOL, facepalm, or whatever else people do that I still don't know the Internet slang for. Specifically, it is time to get the ball rolling and nominate those who you think are deserving of a seemingly random group of categories that make up the TFF Awards.

As I am sure most of us know how this goes, here's a basic overview of the rules.

NOMINATION ROUND
    December 1-10, 2014

You may choose up to two (2) TFF Members for each category. Exceptions to this are that you may not nominate yourself, as well as non-members of TFF, and members who are no longer active on the forums. Due to our decreased level of activity, I define "active" as having made at least one post in the year 2014. Nominations will be counted, and up to four (4) members will chosen to move on to the voting round. And each member will move to the voting round in a maximum of three (3) categories. You may use this thread to post your nominations. This thread is also for general nomination round discussion. Nomination posts will not be counted until after the nomination period has ended, and any changes made to your posts before that time has expired are perfectly fine.

VOTING ROUND
    December 12-21, 2014

Members will vote on which of the nominees in each category they feel is most deserving of the categories they are nominated in. You may choose one (1) among that group to receive the award. To have some form of mystery, only ballots sent via PM to myself or one of the Awards committee will be considered official, and thus be eligible for counting. You may use the upcoming Voting Thread to try and sway other voters a certain way. During the voting period, you may only submit one ballot. However, if you send a ballot with a blank category, you may send another PM to fill in this blank. This second ballot must have no changes to the categories you have already voted for.

RESULTS
    December 23, 2014

After the votes have been counted, the results will be counted, and winners will receive a small signature banner that they may choose to use how they see fit. Forum merriment will be had by any and all interested.

The following are the categories up for consideration:

- Best Staff Member

- Most Intelligent

- Nicest Male

- Nicest Female

- Funniest Member

- Music Guru

- Best Blogger

- Best Thread Creator

- Biggest Final Fantasy Fan

- Best New Member

- Most Active/Contributing Member

- Best Grammar

- Most Attractive Male

- Most Attractive Female

- Indecent Comment Award

- Most Likely to be Banned

- TFF Troublemaker

- Lvl. 99 Spammer

- TFF Psychologist

- TFF Party Pooper

- Biggest Troll

- Best Lurker

You may also suggest categories to be included in future award seasons. Or suggest some of the current categories be removed. Anyway, let your voice be heard and nominate to your heart's content. Have fun, and enjoy this year's TFF Awards!

To see how much time is remaining, click here for the Nomination Round countdown clock.

*Any official updates will be posted here, as well as in the thread as needed.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 12-06-2014 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Added Countdown Clock
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

The Old Skool Warrior The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will nominate all of the non-members.

HELLO, PEOPLE IN THE FREE COMPANY WHO HAVEN'T JOINED THE FORUM.

Nero Leono for all the awards!~

edit:
    By the way, saying "at least one post in 2014" might be a bit too relaxed for everything except for Best Lurker (WHICH YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE AND SHOULD) ~ there have been 562 new threads since 01 January 2014, with total post counts running the gauntlet from 1 to 105 in each thread.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 12-01-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Consistently Average The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can we nominate through pm's like we did last year?

It's going to take me a while to come up with nominations for each category, because I can't remember who most of our 'active' members are. Activity tends to spike around awards time so maybe that will help

Thanks to you (and that mysterious Awards committee >.>) for setting this up, I was going to ask about it a while ago but I forgot.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

The Old Skool Warrior The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All nominations should totally be done anonymously via PM to ol' Swayne. Public nominations could inadvertently skew other members' choices; it's not like every category needs to be filled in order for your nominations to count.

However, as his guideline states, I don't suppose there's any harm in posting them here. I intend to send mine via PM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

#LOCKE4GOD The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like having them out in the open, as it gives me ideas about who to vote for. I'm sort of waiting for a few to happen before casting.

Blog Entries
    Well then!

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

TFF's Resident Messenger The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In years past, the nomination round has always been posted in public. And it is only recently, last year in fact, that the voting round had ballots sent via PM. However, if anyone wishes to send their nomination ballots via PM, I will not stop you. You could send them by carrier pigeon or hand deliver them to me if you so choose. As long as I get to make a spreadsheet, I don't care how the nominations get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    By the way, saying "at least one post in 2014" might be a bit too relaxed for everything except for Best Lurker (WHICH YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE AND SHOULD) ~ there have been 562 new threads since 01 January 2014, with total post counts running the gauntlet from 1 to 105 in each thread.
    Your wish has been granted! There will be a Best Lurker Award given out this year. As for my definition of active being too relaxed, while I do agree with you to a extent, it is after all the 2014 awards; in which all of 2014 should be considered. It is entirely possible for someone to have been super active during the first half of the year, and then just kind of lurked the second half.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

TFF Adoption Agency

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

chocolateer The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate 01habbo's Avatar
    the idea of a lurker is to not to be noticed, by giving a lurker an award, the lurker has failed

Blog Entries
    That's what makes that award so great every year. My money is on Dawezy this year.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

I'm actually voting someone else other than Dawezy this year. Dawezy has been a friend of mine for coming up on 10 years now online even though I barely talk to him but I've know him since SU and he's always been a Lurker to me on here haha.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

chocolateer The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate 01habbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    That's what makes that award so great every year. My money is on Dawezy this year.

I knew there was a reason why I came here, you are all just batshit crazy XD

Blog Entries
    Time is running out, so get those nominations in. As of this posting, there are 4 Days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 15 seconds left until the nomination round ends. For your convenience I will be posting a link to the countdown site.

Countdown Clock

TFF Adoption Agency

Given that this most likely wouldn't be happening without him:

OutlawTorn for Best New Member, and Most Active/Contributing Member.

This is more in the interest of doing of what's right, rather than my personal opinion.

So you're voting for yourself on a different name?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I'm voting for a close friend of mine, under my own name...?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Given that this most likely wouldn't be happening without him:
    Actually, it would be happening regardless. This is an annual event, and a simple search would have showed that.

Thank you for your nomination!

There are just over two days left to get your nominations in
    two days, one hour, and thirty minutes to be exact)!

TFF Adoption Agency

Boxer of the Galaxy The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    Actually, it would be happening regardless. This is an annual event, and a simple search would have showed that.
    Or he could have looked at my sig which I havn't bothered to change since last years nominations.

lol

I invented Go-Gurt. The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

OutlawTorn for Best New Member, and Most Active/Contributing Member.
    Are you sure you don't mean "Biggest Troll?"

By the way, I'm very surprised that category even exists.

Blog Entries
    There are less than nine hours and thirty minutes left to get your nominations in! If you are planning on nominating anyone for this year's awards, be sure to either post them here in the thread or PM me with your nominations.

< 9.5 hours remain!

TFF Adoption Agency

Mystyrion The 2014 TFF Awards - Let's Nominate, not Annhilate C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Wish I had been around more this last year to even make nominations :/

Blog Entries
    And with that, the Nomination Round is now over! Thank you to everyone who sent in nominations. The results for the Voting Round will be posted shortly.

TFF Adoption Agency