Thread: Rant: The "War on Terror"

Banned Rant: The "War on Terror"

Rant: The "War on Terror"

Warning! This rant is critical of the US Government and top military officials. It is not critical of the US soldier, citizen, or the US culture. Please, do not read if you have thin skin, or are easily upset as a patriot.

Thank you.

It's July in Afghanistan. The year is 2002. In the Oruzgan province, a newly wed couple celebrate their union at a party with friends and family. You can almost picture the scene...

Music and laughter fill the hot, dry air. Bodies in fine linen twist and move to the rhythm of the beat. An atmosphere of love, joy, and hope; anticipation for a future so bright...

But little did they know, that just on the horizon, screeching forth like a flock of eagles from the heavens, wielding razor sharp talons of justice and freedom, a group of US fighter planes closes in on the unsuspecting event. The pilots take their time, down to the last second. With laser-beam precision, and dedicated calculation, the pilots, with but one click of a button, unleash glorious death upon what should have been the happiest day of two families lives. Roughly 48 civilians are murdered in cold blood that day... But this is the country that opened fire on Canadian troops in Afghanistan. It's easy to mistake a wedding party for an al-Qaeda swap-meet when you don't even know what your allies look like.

(The reason this wedding party was targeted, was because several men were firing weapons into the air, a celebratory action, not unlike what happens in backyards all over America, without special occasions being required. Such hypocrisy it almost makes you sick to your stomach.)

So what is terrorism? Blowing up a building full of innocent people using hijacked planes full of innocent people? Eradicating a wedding party, or bombing a city for days, until the civilian death toll climbs to a horrific 133,000?

I guess it depends on where you live.

Welcome to the good 'ol US of A! The country remembered for Hiroshima, and slavery!

So maybe that's unfair. There's also the assassination of the only two Presidents who even remotely gave a **** about the people, or ethical conduct in general. Oh, and there's the biggest military fails in the history of mankind (Vietnam and Iraq). But in the decades to come, ISIS will be added to that list.

Let me paint a picture for you. September 2001. Members of an Afghanistan-based terrorist cell called 'al-Qaeda' attack the World Trade Centre in New York, New York.

2003. US forces invade Iraq on that grounds that Saddam is hiding WMDs. (Weapons of Mass Destruction)

The US levels Baghdad with the sort of reckless, barbaric bombing tactics we haven't seen since Germany started bombing Europe in WWII.

Let's jump ahead ten years. It's 2013, and the US has pulled out of Iraq (no pun intended). By now they have killed more women, children and civilians than they will ever kill terrorists (133,000 civilians slaughtered, not all were killed BY Americans, but their presence in the country is directly to blame). And no WMDs (other than those brought by America) were ever found.

Out of the ashes, rises the Islamic State; ISIS. Radical Muslims united against the Christian and western worlds.

Does anyone remember the good 'ol days? When that little production company called al-Qaeda used to lay around the desert, making trash-talk videos, puffing their chests out? Yeah, those were the days... I mean sure, they may have been hired by the Bush Administration (or George Senior) to orchestrate an attack on American soil which would provide enough provocation to finish daddy's business in Iraq. Sure, 9/11 was a dark day that demanded justice, but Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11, hence the "Weapons of Mass Destruction!" bullshit.

But no one is denying that Hussein was a tyrant who could no longer be allowed to control all of that oil - I mean all of those WMDs!! >.>'

But instead of taking the time, care and precision to execute the mission properly (mission being take down Hussein, locate/secure [fictional] WMDs), they leveled Baghdad with such reckless abandon, and barbaric force, that civilians actually began to fight back against US troops, stoning, attacking, and burning them alive in the streets of Iraq...

The US presence in Iraq damaged the country more than it ever helped it, or fought the "War On Terror."

This senseless, unholy slaughter is without question, the direct catalyst behind the forming and recent surge in activity of ISIS. This is fact, not opinion or theory.

So I'd like to propose a hypothetical scenario to everyone. Some country, any country (you decide), invades your country because another country attacked them, and you have resources they want. They murder 133,000 women, children and unarmed civilian men. Women holding the mutilated remains of their toddlers, screaming in agony, "Why?!"

Let me be completely frank for a moment... If ANY country came to Canada and pulled the sort of shit the US pulled in Iraq, I'd be on YouTube cuttin' heads off too... If America slaughtered 133,000 innocent Canadian lives in an attempt to hunt down terrorist and "liberate us from a tyrannical regime," some boys makin' noise in the middle-east would be the least of your problems, 'cause I'd be bringing the fight state-side, and I wouldn't be alone. 1812 all over again, baby. Believe it.

To be clear, The Islamic State is a ragged house of lost, pathetic souls, and barbaric savages. I do not support, nor sympathize with them. But I am not ignorant and blind enough to look past why they fight. Thousands of Muslims were unjustly slaughtered at the hands of westerners, Americans in particular. I'm not anti-American, I just stand against the kind of malicious, clumsy, three sheets to the wind tactics and conduct the US carries into combat. It's estimated that in the Vietnam war, roughly 587,000, civilians were killed... Roughly 444,000 Vietnamese soldiers were killed. Reckless abandon, and a sheer lack of value for human life in war-time scenarios. Rather than lose one GI, you'll raise an entire fishing village to the ground... The pretense of war, does not excuse the murder of women and children, period. It's your JOB as a soldier to die making sure innocent lives aren't snuffed out - that's why we fight wars!

America should immediately, and indefinitely give up it's pathetic "War On Terror." We don't need them for this fight, they've already done enough by perpetuating this situation in the first place by throwing Greek fire on it, murdering thousands of innocent Muslims. So long as America is gallivanting around the desert, blowing up anything that a terrorist could be hiding in, the hatred and animosity toward Christianity and the west will never be defeated. Every home or business we destroy, every innocent women or child our bombs mutilate, is more fire in the hearts of these radical Muslims. So no, I hope America stays home to focus on their own problems, like funding their DHS agency for more than a week at a time, but that would require anyone to trust them to not use that money to do shady, nasty shit.

When we need random civic buildings or farming villages blown up, we'll give you a call. Until then, let the governments who value ALL human life, regardless of colour, creed or political stance, handle a task this fragile and volatile.

If I were an American, I would be deeply ashamed of the things my country has done, and will continue to do. My people are out there, between two pissed off armies that wanna kill each other, packing Rubber. ****ing. Bullets, preventing senseless slaughter. Murdering thousands of people for oil, and to settle an ex-President's vendetta (who's son just happened to be the current President, after stuffing the Florida ballot to take office), that flies in the face of everything America is supposed to stand for, and every Canadian and American soldier who ever died in the name of peace. I come from a deeply rooted military family. My parents met in service, my daddy's daddy gave his life so that folks wouldn't kill each other, and buildings filled with women and children wouldn't be raised to the ****ing ground any more! I've lost close friends to the bullshit in the middle-east, so you better believe I'm somewhat passionate about the subject.

I love America, I think it's one of the greatest countries in the world, but your government is seriously ****ed up. In the last few hundred years, you've been to war with Canada, Britain (your two primary, and basically only real allies), and yourselves for **** sake. You even invented a new kind of war. You called it the "Cold War!" but it was really just an apocalyptic game of chicken using IBMs instead of cars or tractors. Wake up and smell the Bacon (see what I did there?), America is not the White Knight, but the Freelance Assassin who's double life is a White Knight.

I hope Americans don't take serious offense to this. It's just my opinion, based on first-hand experience, and it's critical of your government and highest military command, who order the bombings and commit war crimes by killing thousands of civilians over multiple bombings. It's not critical of you, the citizen, or the men and women on the front lines, following orders. So don't be hurt, unless of course you are directly responsible for the actions of your government and military command, in which case, feel free to defend yourself. If you want to go ahead and say, '**** Canada, your immigration policy is so relaxed, you unintentionally support terrorist activity in North America (for example). That's fine. It's true. I don't take offense because I don't set policy, but I don't shy from truth, whether at a gain or loss.

So thank you so much to everyone who sat through that, it felt amazing. I've been bottling that up for a very long time. And again, I do not hate America or Americans, I just strongly disagree with your military policies, tactics, and conduct.

And again, that is not a reflection of the average US soldier, risking life and limb to follow orders. They are my brothers, my sisters. I have more respect for them than you could ever begin to imagine, so save your dignity.
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 06-09-2015 at 07:03 AM.