View Poll Results: Is the "Indian Fishermans" story believable?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I believe the American naval ship fired without warning as they said.

0 0%
  • No. I believe Lt. Greg Raelson's version of events.

2 66.67%
  • Suicide bombings have occured there before. Either way, the USNS Rappahannock had just cause to protect themselves from possible attack.

0 0%
  • The U.S. just likes to murder, murder, murder, kill, kill, kill.

0 0%
  • The American infidels lie. Lt. Greg Raelson is a baby killer.

0 0%
  • The A-rabs lie. Their story is more full of holes than the guys telling it.

0 0%
  • I don't know/insufficient data to form conclusion.

1 33.33%
  • It is just a simple misunderstanding that ended in tragedy.

0 0%

Thread: Indian fishermen say U.S. boat fired without warning

Registered Uber Indian fishermen say U.S. boat fired without warning Hobaginator's Avatar

Indian fishermen say U.S. boat fired without warning

http://news.yahoo.com/u-navy-attack-...c2E4JdhMn1#_=_

What do you guys take on this? Personally, I don't buy that ANYBODY got hit by a .50 cal and made it to a hospital. I don't buy their story at all. Besides, why would you speed up to try to cut off a U.S. Navy ship? Or any armed naval vessel for that matter? Playing chicken with the U.S. Armed Forces isn't smart. One thing's for sure, if a .50 cal round hits you in the fingertip you lose half an arm. There is no way anybody took a shot to the abdomen as they claim without blowing up like a pink waterballoon. I want to see more on this.
    Last edited by Hobaginator; 07-24-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: link fixed

Registered Goober Indian fishermen say U.S. boat fired without warning Order's Avatar

Re: Indian fishermen say U.S. boat fired without warning

Welp, I've been on the flightdeck in that area and other places with similar population of small ships trying to zip past larger ones.
    Small boats like that one ignore warnings commonly. Aircraft carriers have the advantage of using heilos to perform airguard and commonly use them while entering a port area.
    This smaller ship didnt have the luxury of having their airguard buzz the offending vessel.
    Moreover, within 25 miles of land, it is illigal for the Navy to just up and shoot, so they were probably reluctant to fire warning shots.

There were a couple of things here that may not be apparent so Ill point them out.
    1. They were warned. The Navy is big on communication, the fishers just weren't listening, like habibis normally do.
    2. The habibis didn't want to wait for the ship to pass, so they sped up and tried to cut it off.
    3. Their speeding up on an intercepting course made them look like a potential threat.
    4. Being a war vessel, the supply ship took the ignored warnings and reckless driving of the fishers for what it was. Irrational.
    5. The US Navy has an inherent right to defend itself while at sea and also has a policy to never change its course.
    6. I have seen stupid ass fishermen like these cut so close to the front of my ship that I swore they were either going to blow themselves up to try and hurt us, or simply get run over by a carrier. I have been surprised to see them appear on the other side of the bow plenty of times. I have always belived that it shouldnt be tolerated.
    A supply ship is one thing, but you cant mistake a carrier. Its big and has jets. There is no excuse for messing with a warship, these guys are trying to invent some, but none of it is passble when you realize that:
    The Navy is quick to admit mistakes and wrongdoing and even is willing to hand sailors over to foreign authorities if they commit a crime in that country.
    Habibis are known to be terrible drivers, erratic, impatient and reckless.