Thread: Today's Cartoons

Air from my lungs. Today's Cartoons Violet's Avatar

Today's Cartoons

Has anyone flipped through the cartoon channels lately? Cartoon Network, Disney, Nickelodeon?

Examples of such cartoons: The Mighty Bee, El Tigre, Wayside, Kappa Mikey, Totally Spies, Phineas and Ferb, Total Drama Action(Island), Stoked, Flap Jack, Chowder.. Goodness, I could go on forever. I'm looking at these on the main site. I sat down and watched television with my nieces while I was at my sister's house. I'm sad that kids are deprived of the good cartoons that we had in the 80s and 90s. They still show them once in awhile, but not enough to be mainstream. It really sucks.

So what's your opinion on these.. abominations? It would be nice if they started creating new things that were actually of decent quality. ARE there any NEW decent cartoons anymore? Can you even name one?
    Last edited by Violet; 08-18-2009 at 03:48 AM.

#LOCKE4GOD Today's Cartoons Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember getting up at 6.30 in the morning on a Saturday just to watch cartoons such as Recess, but recently they have all been terrible. I cannot think of a single example of a good cartoon created after the year 2000, and possibly a few years before that.

I don't know why the quality of cartoons appears to have declined, but do kids still enjoy them the same? Maybe we just grew up, and all cartoons would seem bad unless they gave a nostalgic kick? If you were seven now, would cartoons be all that they were when you were actually seven? Probably. But they're still deprived of good television.

Registered User Today's Cartoons
    What's wrong with Chowder? I freaking LOVE Chowder!!! I don't miss an episode unless something more important is happening, and that rarely happens.

YouTube - Chowder Theme Song

XD

Actually, if you think about it, we probably think our cartoons are great because they were from our childhood. Like Alpha Weapon said it gives us the nostalgic kick. However, that I don't think that means that our cartoons were necessarily better. We just have those memories from a more simpler time in our lives, and I think that kind of clouds our judgement of today's cartoons.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Today's Cartoons Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Weapon View Post
    Maybe we just grew up, and all cartoons would seem bad unless they gave a nostalgic kick?.
    I agree with Alpha on this one. I remember when I was a kid I always watched Cartoons on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network and I really enjoyed in them but my older brother was always saying "why do you watch those stupid cartoons". The irony in that is now I say the same thing to my little sister when she watch "today's" cartoons. Today's Cartoons are good for kids, they suck to us because we're grown up and we like more serious stuff in other word our taste has changed. Even cartoons that I used to watch as kid aren't so good to me as they did before but it's always great to watch them at least for nostalgia.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Protecter of the Crystals Today's Cartoons rydia123's Avatar
    cartoons are lame now

they dont have the same effect as they did when we were kids
    like all disney is is the jonas brothers and hanana montana and that dumb stuff

i meet some kids that havent seen ANY of the old isney movies!

what are people thinking now adays!
    all they want is money and ratings

thats why our country will never recover
    because of greed and hate and lust.
    and stupid shows that arnt good.
    Last edited by rydia123; 08-18-2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Registered User Today's Cartoons Yesha's Avatar
    I used to watch cartoons when I was younger.. Like, I reaLLy Love Powerpuff GirLs and Johnny Bravo.. but when I Look back.. I reaLized it was corny, yet sometimes it makes me Laugh, I don't watch cartoons anymore since I've been infLuenced much by Anime.. :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User Today's Cartoons winterborn86's Avatar
    I Don't like many of the older cartons that are on now, my love will always remain with, Recess and Tho Moomins, ahhh the Moomins, how I miss it
    Having a kid means I see alot of young kiddies cartoons and I rather quite like some of those like, Peppa pig, Dora the explorer and My new fave Humpf lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Freezing Ring! Today's Cartoons Darkdragoon's Avatar
    Hm... You got boomarang? Because it has alot of old cartoon's. I think most of those cartoon's you talked about are pretty good. Tda is an awsome one.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!