Thread: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!!

So Capcom just announced Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes for Arcades. And it seems to be a full successor to the Marvel vs Capcom games (2 on 2, Flashy supers, big jumps). Except instead of Marvel, it'll be the characters of the Tatsunoko Anime studio universe.

Now I know you're reading this thinking, "Well, gee Cain, that's nice and all, but this is the Anime corner, shouldn't this be in General Gaming?"

Well yes, but I figure I'd make this interesting and see just how hardcore the Anime crowd is here. Here's the scan. 4 characters revealed so far:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...r/IMGP1726.jpg
    Shinkiro Art **** YEAH!

Now see, even *I* know very little about G Force (aka Battle of the Planets) and I VAGUELY remember watching Casshern once a long time ago. I DO know the characters were designed by famous artist Yoshitaka Amano (gee HE sounds familiar XD) What about you guys?

Oh and here's a list of shows they've done (NOTE: They do NOT own Eva, they merely assisted production, I'm sure there are a couple shows here and there that are in the same situation, they did do Karas though)

Lady Succubus Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I only recognize Chun Li and Ryu. I have no clue who the other two characters are, but this will be badass and I am definitely picking this game up when it comes out.

wow this truly is amazing! amanos gatchaman (g-force) VS street fighter?!?! and many more! i will be getting this title (even if its not released state side). i am just curious as to who else will be in it! The possiblilies could be endless coming from the anime end of it....
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Direct HQ Screens and Art from Famitsu Online:
    http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

Beautiful!

BTW, there's a response from Capcom USA's Seth Killian regarding the US release. He notes that it's obvious the licensing rights would make things difficult. But it's like he subtly hinting it's possible. Maybe it's just me.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!! T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Apparently this is Banpresto envy... Since Namco has finally absorbed the usual suspect of multiple series crossovers, this means Capcom had to retaliate somehow. And given it had to lay to rest the Marvel vs. Capcom and the SNK vs. Capcom, it used a rarer and less known company in America, but one that surely will be heard in Japan.

If anything means, it means that besides Science Ninja Team Gatchaman and Casshan/Casshern, we will probably get Speed Racer and Tekkaman Blade as possible series. Furthermore, I saw they promoted both Evangelion and Macross, which means somehow they'll appear. Though, I wonder how Speed Racer is going to fight. At least I know something: Blade's Vol-Tekka will look amazing in HD. That is what I can see as possible choices, given the rest are really obscure child series. I mean, will we have characters based on the series they made for the Christian Broadcasting Network??

So, for the Capcom cast we may have the Street Fighter standing characters (Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Akuma, and maybe Sakura and Dan), perhaps Final Fight, Mega Man, Captain Commando, perhaps Viewtiful Joe, very possibly Dante from Devil May Cry, amongst others. The counterparts would be the G-Force (except the small pipsqueak), various of the Tekkaman (Blade, Evil, Omega, and perhaps Rapier/Miyuki), Speed Racer and Racer X, and whatever they may choose.

Of course, the photo looks very promising, but do you think this might be a lil' joke? It'll be hard to place mecha pilots such as Rei and Shinji facing powerhouses like the SF guys (unless you tell me Absolute Terror can block even the Raging Demon, and that's highly debatable). So, I can't be 100% sure on this, or else they might have gone a bit desperate.

Then again, there's the shining Karas, and there's both NamcoXCapcom, SRW, and now the NamcoXBanpresto...I mean, SRW Infinite Frontier, not to mention MK vs. DC, so anything may happen...

Like...Harvey Birdman and Nick "Phoenix" Wright duking it out? That'll be golden.

ADDENDUM: Right, Gainax did it, they merely promoted it, much like everyone of the other series. Maybe that's the reason they'll have problems with the localization?
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 05-22-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Trailer!
    YouTube - Tatsunoko versus Capcom Promo Vid

This takes the visuals of the Marvel vs series to a whole new level of awesome! Also new characters confirmed.

If Capcom vs SNK can make me an SNK fanboy, then by golly, this'll make me a Old school Tatsunoko fanboy for sure!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!! V_Translanka's Avatar
    Well, I Wiki'd Tatsunoko, and sure enough, besides Speed Racer, Gatchaman, Evangelion and Macross, I've only heard of one other animation they were involved with...SAMURAI PIZZA CATS!!! Holy ****, how cool would that be? lolz

Anyways, sounds like a nice enough start, I hope the character list explodes to be as big a cast as CvSNK2 or MvC2 proportions though...I want to see Strider again, dammit! And Jill Valentine to a lesser extent! >_>

New Trailer:

YouTube - Tatsunoko vs Capcom New Direct Feed Trailer

Rock Volnutt (my favorite MM Incarnation) and Doronjo confirmed.

I feel sad and ashamed not knowing any of the Tatsunoko characters. Doronjo herself seems very interesting. Maybe we'll see some AoF-esue animations for her or maybe she'll cross paths with Speed Racer again. Yeah there's a rumor that Speedy/Yattaro from SPC is in the game based off Kappei Yamaguchi's (his Japanese VA) reaction to a fan's question about the game at Otakon. Man, SPC must've been THE show, I remember reading about it in a Cartoon Lineup Preview in Disney Adventures Magazine, thinking how cool it sounded, but could NEVER find it on.

Capcom also seems very interested in bringing the game out over here. But what licensing MESS it would be, especially if they did put Speed into the game.

So does anyone care about this game other than me and Toph? ;_;

Well anyway, latest trailer:
    YouTube - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Trailer #3

The latest and most likely complete roster is

TATSUNOKO

Ken the Eagle (Gatchaman)
    Jun the Swan (Gatchaman)
    Hurricane Polymar
    Gold Lightern (a gold zippo lighter that turns into a large robot is AWESOME!
    Casshern (Classic, not the new SINS version)
    Tekkaman (Classic, Not Blade)
    Yatterman #1
    Doronjo (from Yatterman)
    Hakushon Daimaou
    Karas
    Ippatsuman

I included YT links not only for visual reference, but their in game theme is based off the classic opening (for Karas, yes it's the music in the opening sequence, allegedly anyway)

CAPCOM
    Ryu (SF)
    Chun-Li (SFII)
    Alex (SFIII)
    Batsu (Rival Schools)
    Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
    Rock Volnutt/Mega Man Trigger (MM Legends/RM DASH)
    Roll (Classic version)
    Saki (Quiz Nanario Dreams, also an Assist in MvC)
    Viewtiful Joe
    PTX-01 (Lost Planet)
    Soki (Onimusha)

And now some artwork because Shinkiro rocks

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2252/b3n9ysuu9.jpg
    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8...1408852ga6.jpg
    http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1268/16rv4.jpg
    http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/651/28zo0.jpg (that ain't Shinkiro, but it did show up in the Capcom booth at TGS)

Just did the whole thing with "Soft-modding my Wii" so I can run GeckoOS and thus Import. Easy as cake people.

So does anyone care about this game other than me and Toph? ;_;
    Trying to figure out the hidden meaning behind this one Cain.

So far everthing looks sweet, as stated in my previous post this game will be a must buy as soon as it hits stores if it does.

Loving the line up of characters. Some of my childhood favorites are included into that list!

Thanks for the updates.

OOT, I just realised from reading my first post, it looks like I have finally found out how to use the shift key haha.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 11-12-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Trying to figure out the hidden meaning behind this one Cain.
    Sorry, I guess I said that because my previous post didn't attract any attention, and Toph and I have been talking about the game over AIM.

So yeah, sorry ^^;;;

Anyway, Famitsu just released a new video

VJ and Saki vs Ippatsuman and Doronjo

Just kind of there. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!! Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to play this.
    Like right now.
    Somebody go break into capcom and bring me one.(j/k)

As for the characters. i Regonize the capcom characters(of course)
    And Casshern from a live action movie.
    Last edited by Calvan; 03-17-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Well looks like we're all able to experience it now.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom has just been announced for America!!!

GoNintendo Blog Archive CONFIRMED! - Nintendo Power announces Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom for North America- What are you waiting for?

Man it's crazy how much I've learned about Tatsunoko since I first started this topic.

VICTORY POSE!

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Now coming to America!!! T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Well, this apparently means Capcom is going for a bit gamble. Then again, they are going a bit crazy trying to do a remake of Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Wait, lemme rephrase that. They're trying to make a remake of Cable vs. Magneto/Sentinel vs. the rest of Marvel & Capcom. There's no point of adding the "2", MvC 2 (or CvM/svM&C) is almost an entirely different game.

But, this raises my hopes a bit. People feared that the game wouldn't come because of the typical shunning of games with multiple anime series which get licensed by several American companies. If Capcom has to get the licenses of several companies and makes a hit, I presume that'll be the cue for Namco to pull off the localized versions of several games they've held (NamcoXCapcom, the SRW games so as long as they get published by those ATLUS hunks, etc.)

Certainly, this year is one that brings some surprises. I've heard of games some people wouldn't imagine coming. This just keeps adding to the list. Yay for crisis?

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

Topic deserved a much needed bump.

The game's getting a ton of new features including ONLINE PLAY! And FIVE new characters. Thanks to a flub on Capcom's website we know who they are.

Tatsunoko

Tekkaman Blade aka Teknoman (Officially confirmed, replacing Daimao the Genie because of licensing issues)

Joe the Condor

Yatterman #2

Capcom

Zero (unconfirmed WHICH version they're using)

Frank West

I'm actually watching Tekkaman Blade in anticipation, I definitely see what the fuss over him's about, very cool series to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    Topic deserved a much needed bump.

The game's getting a ton of new features including ONLINE PLAY! And FIVE new characters. Thanks to a flub on Capcom's website we know who they are.

Tatsunoko

Tekkaman Blade aka Teknoman (Officially confirmed, replacing Daimao the Genie because of licensing issues)
    WOOO!!! D-Boy!! (We just one-upped Japan!? Did Capcom gave the finger to Banpresto!?)

Joe the Condor
    W0000T!! (oh my, expressions of joy have degenerated into leetspeech!)

Yatterman #2
    So it seems Ai-chan has joined Gan-chan?

Capcom

Zero (unconfirmed WHICH version they're using)
    Again, another big one-up from Japan. (Though bet on the International version; Squeenix is fond of that one, and I presume Capcom ain't gonna be any different to its own people)

I'm actually watching Tekkaman Blade in anticipation, I definitely see what the fuss over him's about, very cool series to watch.
    AKA, why D-Boy is so cool? Well, for those who don't:
    1) His armor design is sleeker, looks more like an mechanized suit than a piece of armor.
    2) Blue Earth, and it's tripulation (especially Ringo)
    3) Tekkaman has a family, all sharing the same tradition. Both of them begin as brainwashed evil characters...
    4) ...which is significant, since this Tekkaman can and (given time) will become evil as well. It's not more a struggle against external and cheesy evil (like most Tatsunoko productions), it's a struggle against inner evil...
    5) ...which accounts for the more mature feel of the series. This isn't as campy as Sentai series, or campy/dark as Gatchaman, this goes right into the dark side. This is Tatsunoko saying "let's get serious".
    6) Sol-Tekkaman/Tekno-Suits. This is Earth saying "we can make Tekkaman too!!" (just not as well as a Radam Tekkaman)
    7) English song. Listen it. Love it. If you're of the "Japanese intros are better", allow me to comply with your wishes. Twice
    8) Pegas. Just. Pegas.
    9)
    VOLLLTEKKAAAAAA!!!!!

INF) Perhaps I haven't said it right...
    Uoooooaaaaaaaah!!! VOLLLTEKKAAAAAA!!!!!

I expect to rest my case.

P.S.: Silly me. Forgot that Blade's Japanese voice = Sephiroth's Japanese voice = Guts/Gattsu's Japanese voice.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 09-20-2009 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Minding a forgotten piece of trivia...

The Final Boss Theorem:

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    *Tekkaman fangasm*.
    DOUBLE VOLTEKKA

And yeah it's being re-released in Japan.

Blog Entries
    Yeah there's a rumor that Speedy/Yattaro from SPC is in the game based off Kappei Yamaguchi's (his Japanese VA) reaction to a fan's question about the game at Otakon.
    ...I read (or skimmed) through the rest of this thread. That you haven't mentioned Speedy's name since saddens me... He would be my main! They need him in there, damnit!

I think I saw this thread a while back, actually, but since it wasn't coming out in the US, I wasn't too worried about it (guess I didn't see that update in may...) Have you ever seen the live action Casshern movie? My friends and I watched it once. What a mess. Like, a living definition of "style over substance." Made no sense. And someone is going to tell me I have to have watched the series to understand, or that I just didn't get it. Whatever. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Last edited by Taco-Calamitous; 09-20-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added that bit about Casshern

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    ...I read (or skimmed) through the rest of this thread. That you haven't mentioned Speedy's name since saddens me... He would be my main! They need him in there, damnit!
    It's weird, to get Tekkaman Blade they had to go through Sotsu, who co-owns the series. They happen to co-own SPC as well. I think they tried but some other owner got in the way (remember releasing this in the US and ALL of Europe means a TON of companies to go through. Since Capcom probably had to pay a lot in licensing fees to get the current roster in the game, maybe they're saving the trouble for a sequel where they can splurge on more licenses

I think I saw this thread a while back, actually, but since it wasn't coming out in the US, I wasn't too worried about it (guess I didn't see that update in may...) Have you ever seen the live action Casshern movie? My friends and I watched it once. What a mess. Like, a living definition of "style over substance." Made no sense. And someone is going to tell me I have to have watched the series to understand, or that I just didn't get it. Whatever. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    I haven't seen it, and I've heard different things "It's Amazing!" "Nah, it sucks!"

I've seen a few episodes of Casshern SINS and it's pretty enjoyable, also seen a bit of the 90s OVA and it's rather fun to watch too (and Luna fanservice is HAWT)

Topic needs an appropriate bump regarding the badass inclusion of Joe the Condor

And of course the equally badass Zero

Topic needs an appropriate bump regarding the badass inclusion of Joe the Condor

I was honestly surprised that, given how in other games they can summon even the mechas, that they haven't used the Kagaku Ninpo Hinotori (aka, God-Phoenix in flames!!) as a super move. Also, is it me, or because of Jun being present, all of Joe's attacks are tied with having another Gatchaman around?

Still, right at the last. That's the way a hero gives a finger to Ivy and says "this is how you deal with a held creature!" Whip entangle + point-blank clip-emptying shots = Win!

And of course the equally badass Zero

Oh...schnapp. No Mega Man Z kind of Zero, but the honest to goodness original Zero. I presume one of the attacks seems to be the Nova Attack/Mega Crush, but that level 5 super move is sick! Also, Ryuenjin!! (Probably even uses the Shoryuken command, for hijinks)

The Final Boss Theorem:

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    I was honestly surprised that, given how in other games they can summon even the mechas, that they haven't used the Kagaku Ninpo Hinotori (aka, God-Phoenix in flames!!) as a super move. Also, is it me, or because of Jun being present, all of Joe's attacks are tied with having another Gatchaman around?
    No Ken and Jun both have Hintori as their Level 3s
    YouTube - Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Lv3 Supers [HD]

But yeah it does seem like like Batsu, Joe's Lv3 is based on who he's partnered with.

Oh and the video doesn't show it, but he's got the Condor Special as a super
    IGN: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars Pictures (Wii) 3021209

Makes me have hope that Ai-chan won't be a clone of Gan-chan Supers-wise.