Thread: Street Fighter

Certified tech, come at me! Street Fighter SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Street Fighter

has anyone ever seen the animated movie of sf2 sf alpha? i watched it on the instant watch of netflix, and i really liked both of them. and has anyone seen the street fighter 2 tv show? i liked how it showed ryu and ken a bit back into the past before ryu learns the power of the hydo. i watched a good bunch of episodes of the series on netflix. it seems like they only have the fifth series.

Synthesized Ascension Street Fighter Zardoch's Avatar
    As a Street Fighter loyal fan, of course I've seen them all, but only one out of those three are worthy to have the SF name. That's Street Fighter 2: The Animated movie. It's exactly what SHOULD have been used for the live-action piece of shit. It did everything right while not trying to be some super-intelligent thriller, instead being an action anime that had great choreography and much better voice acting than the shit we see these days [the voice for Bison was a guy who was also in Hercules the legendary journeys lol].

The anime series SF2 V was a disgrace. Pretty typical as cliche anime goes these days.

SF Alpha was below average with, again, having the boring cliches except the one spoiler that Akuma/Gouki is Ryu's father. The other movie, Street Fighter Zero, was basically the same thing except it had better animation.

Now, the only thing I HAVEN'T seen was the American-version of the Street Fighter cartoon that aired on the USA Network way back in the 90's. You know, alongside with Savage Dragon. I only vaguely remember seeing a few seconds of it as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Now, the only thing I HAVEN'T seen was the American-version of the Street Fighter cartoon that aired on the USA Network way back in the 90's. You know, alongside with Savage Dragon. I only vaguely remember seeing a few seconds of it as a kid.
    It's okay, you're not missing much, these videos sum it up quite nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGEJDKJdPGg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00W42aJzPC4

I just got the new Uncut SFII movie on DVD and watched it. It's still pretty cool, with some great animation that's held up well and fantastic fight scenes. Haven't seen any of the other SF Animations, I heard they're not really worth it.

Synthesized Ascension Street Fighter Zardoch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    It's okay, you're not missing much, these videos sum it up quite nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGEJDKJdPGg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00W42aJzPC4
    ...-Stares in awe at stupidity that is inhumanly impossible to fathom-...

That is...so very wrong...on so many levels. That was worse than any other animation with voice acting I had ever seen with SF as its title. Just...wow, it's actually worse than the live-action movie.

Certified tech, come at me! Street Fighter SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    SF Alpha was below average with, again, having the boring cliches except the one spoiler that Akuma/Gouki is Ryu's father.
    I, actually never knew that. thanks for telling me. i've seen alot of street fighter stuff and played the game, but somehow, i missed that bit of information.