Thread: Slam Dunk!!

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

Slam Dunk!!

Anyone seen this anime? I just finished it weeks ago. I've never imagined myself to be into sports anime but this one is just too awesome to not even make a thread about it!

I did make a music video for it but the song is kinda cheesy. but I thought the song just fits the anime so I used it anyway =P

YouTube - Slam Dunk AMV - The Tale of a Basketball Genius

I usually fall for the bishie-type guys in animes..such as Rukawa and Mitsui but still Sakuragi remained my hands down favorite character in the series. He's just extremely cool and funny. Sendo is also another great character.

Sakuragi looks so much like Kuwabara from Yuyu Hakusho, but I never liked (nor hated) Kuwabara. Which I kinda think is strange =p

I really liked this anime because although the topic is something as simple as basketball, it still turned out very exciting and interesting. They did not make Sakuragi the best player in the series (as what you expect most lead characters would be), yet he is the one who makes the most impact.

So...what do you guys think of this anime?

Registered User Slam Dunk!! Yesha's Avatar
    SLamdunk is truLy a remarkabLe comedy-sport anime themed! I aLso Love Hanamichi Sakuragi and Kaide Rukawa.. Woohoo! Hanagata from Shoyo is pretty cooL too!

The good about this Anime is that.. it focuses not onLy in basketbaLL but to aLL their Lives.. oh! And aLso.. Sakuragi's undying Love for Haruko.. LoL! :-)
    Last edited by Yesha; 10-07-2009 at 03:05 AM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

yeah!! i like that anime too!!!

the bad thing is i didn't watch the very finals of their game... maybe i will watch it sometimes...

I love ryuki!!

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Hanagata is Shoyo's center right? yeah I am also very impressed with the characterizations in that anime. Even the shoe-shop manager has a backstory. haha

Eki, who is Ryuki? O_O or did you mean Rukawa? You can watch all the episodes at hulu.com right now!

Registered User Slam Dunk!! Yesha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quistis View Post
    Hanagata is Shoyo's center right? yeah I am also very impressed with the characterizations in that anime. Even the shoe-shop manager has a backstory. haha

Eki, who is Ryuki? O_O or did you mean Rukawa? You can watch all the episodes at hulu.com right now!
    Yeah.. Hanagata is the one with gLasses! Oh yeah! The shopkeeper, haha! I remembered how Hanamichi payed him.. for the shoes! Haha! I never knew he was a former basketbaLL pLayer, eh! Very much unpredictabLe anime! :-)

Rukawa, L-O-V-E, Rukawa! Yay! *cheer*
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Quote Originally Posted by *Yesha* View Post
    Yeah.. Hanagata is the one with gLasses! Oh yeah! The shopkeeper, haha! I remembered how Hanamichi payed him.. for the shoes! Haha! I never knew he was a former basketbaLL pLayer, eh! Very much unpredictabLe anime! :-)

LOL! Remember when Sakuragi was trying on the shoes the first time? When he was amazed how he could brake and stop running abruptly. Scared the hell out of that manager lol.

Yeah Rukawa is dreamy *sigh*. Sakuragi's friends are also pretty cool and Yohei (the most good looking one) was pretty awesome when he beat up all those thugs that were trying to get the Shohoku team into trouble.

It's also hilarious how they make fun of Maki (Kainan's star player) , saying that he looks too old for basketball.

Man, I just don't run out of characters to praise in that anime lol.

Registered User Slam Dunk!! Diyala's Avatar
    You really have choosen something wonderful to talk about !
    I Greet you for such selection ! ^_^
    You know , when you check out the date in which this series has been made , you will find out that It's old one comparing to the current ones , and I have been watching it long time ago may be when I was 14 or 15

but still, it is stuck in my memory and yet you might realize how foolish and meaningless the current animes are , It doesn't deserve even to be noticed , and thus you can see how worthwhile Slam dunck is ,

The Comedy are presented in a very funny and lovely way , the relationships they share as a close freinds , the cooaperation to gain success , the charecter of the red hair guy ( I don't know their japanese names coz in Arabic version their names are Arabic ) so funny , so cheerful , also his friendship with Rukawa is something can't be noticed ,I might have never seen something shows that they're friends coz of the usual fight they have , jelousy as well

But I like Rukawa somewhat , though he always look proud , I remeber oneday during a compitition he said (thanks ) for the red hair guy , and how his jelousy of rukawa's level turned him to miss around rather than learning from him , many things made me laugh loudly concerning those two players !
    not to mention how interesting the events turned to be when the guy with a ring and the long hair one joined the club , but you know , I keep watching some episodes over and over though till now i haven't seen the end ! I fear it might be silly one as most anime ends looked like.
    Last edited by Diyala; 11-06-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Knowing yesha is a filipina she should know Slam Dunk.

The Anime is a big hit in the Philippines as well. The best player in Slam Dunk is Eiji Sawakita who plays the Small Forward Position for Sannoh in the manga. He outplayed Rukawa one on one and as well as shohoku. Sawakita is a ball hog and even forced rukawa to change tactics from scorer to contributor in their match which led sakuragi to give the
    Spoiler:
    game winning jump shot.

Keep in mind that sawakita may be the best player in slam dunk but Sannoh Tech had the best Center in the anime named Masashi Kawata. Masashi outplayed Akagi in their match up against shohoku, he has deadly mid range shots for a center(not as good as hanagata but still a shooter) also speed for his size 190cm, and has power and rebounding. His younger brother who is 210cm Power forward for the team named Mikio Kawata who has bad scoring but has great rebounding equaling his older brother Masashi and defense. To surprise Sakuragi Hanamichi who is 189cm and the protagonist of the anime was the only one who outplayed both of them via Rebound. Sakuragi was the star of the team on this game. He is considered the best rebounder in the anime thus the self proclaimed "King of Rebound" now really the King of Rebound due to speed, defensive prowess and rapid improvement throughout the series. And to everyone who did not know he won the game via
    Spoiler:
    jump shot when rukawa was forced to change tactics from scorer to pass and to surprise passed the ball to sakuragi for the game winning jumpshot

Last edited by Sunglasses; 11-17-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Death Before Dishonor Slam Dunk!! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will be honest I never saw myself getting into sports based anime's. It always seemed a little odd to me. These were my thoughts up until the day I actually watched one, they are awesome. It allows me to channel my love for moth anime, and sports. I have watched a few sports based anime's so far, and Slam Dunk has gotta be my favorite hands down....

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!