View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • The suspense of waiting a week.

1 20.00%
  • The instant gratification of watching back to back episodes.

2 40.00%
  • I don't care, anime is awesome.

2 40.00%

Thread: New or Old?

Hydralisk

New or Old?

I personally am an addict for new shows. I watch things a few days after they air in Japan (sometimes only one day after if the show is popular enough to get subs that fast) and I find that I prefer that way of watching. The having to wait a week to see what happens next just makes the show feel more epic and makes the story stick in your mind more vividly. You could get this same experience from older anime, if you had the will power to wait a week to watch episodes one at a time off a DVD. I certainly am not capable of this.

I guess instead of Old vs New it's more like 1 a week or the whole show in a sitting.

Registered User New or Old?

Re: New or Old?

I can do either one, though I do enjoy it more when I can just pop in a DVD of whatever show I wanna watch (anime or not) and sit there for however long I want to watch it without having to wait for a new episode. I have a sub to Hulu too, and I've been catching up on some shows that I have been meaning to watch but for some reason never did. I'm now pretty much watching these shows until my eyes feel like they're going to bleed out of my skull.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Lone Dagger New or Old? Xithor's Avatar

Re: New or Old?

I do both of them, I usually load up every Thursday to catch up on Naruto Ship but nothing beats being able to pop in a DVD and just watch back to back episodes to string the plot together a little more fluidly. I am quite addicted to several shows right now as it is aside from Anime including: House, Scrubs, The Office and Seinfeld

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel