Thread: K-on!

K-on!

K-On! (けいおん!, Keion!?) is a Japanese four-panel comic strip manga written and illustrated by Kakifly. The manga started serialization in Houbunsha's seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara since the May 2007 issue, and also started a bimonthly serialization in Houbunsha's magazine Manga Time Kirara Carat since the October 2008 issue. A thirteen-episode anime adaptation produced by Kyoto Animation aired in Japan between April and June 2009. An additional original video animation episode was released in January 2010. A second season will begin airing in Japan in April 2010 titled K-On!! (with two exclamation marks). The title of the series comes from the Japanese word for light music, keiongaku (軽音楽?), but in the Japanese context is similar to pop music.
    more: K-On! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whatcha think?
    anyone watched it?
    and who's your fave character?

my fave chara is Akiyama Mio. I love the way she plays the bass! ^^
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

Go with me, Exkaizer~ K-on! Treize's Avatar

Re: K-on!

I only have one episode to go until I finish it. I like it. It isn't the greatest anime out there, but it is interesting to watch. I'm probably going to watch the second season too, but there are a lot of anime that I have a greater anticipation for.

I think my favorite character is Yui. She's funny and probably has the most interesting personality. Mio is good too, but after the first few episodes when she doesn't really have that big of a role anymore, she isn't really that memorable. I kind of feel sorry for Tsumugi. She rarely gets any spotlight, and she plays the keyboard, so it isn't like she plays a major role in any of their songs. I hope Tsumugi plays a bigger role in the second season. I don't really care for Azusa.
    Last edited by Treize; 02-27-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

ah yes.. you right..
    Tsumugi didn't play a big role in the anime..

and, are you serious? there will be the 2nd season?
    well.. if it's true.. i hope it will be aired soon..^^

hmm.. do you mean Azusa? i don't like her either,,
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

Go with me, Exkaizer~ K-on! Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacredAngel13 View Post
    ah yes.. you right..
    Tsumugi didn't play a big role in the anime..

and, are you serious? there will be the 2nd season?
    well.. if it's true.. i hope it will be aired soon..^^

hmm.. do you mean Azusa? i don't like her either,,
    The second season is going to start airing in the beginning of April, and yes I mean Azusa. For some reason I typed a k instead of a z.

I'm surprised that the second season is coming so soon. I would have thought it would come later like in 2011 or something, but I guess it was popular enough.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

^ wow! i'm gonna watch it soon after airing!

ah well.. i guess you right about K-ON! is famous,
    i think that's because there's many 'moe' things inside it
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES K-on! Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Hey can I say something ???? I like K-on it thought it was good
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

^ sure..^^

K-On! is great i think..
    who's your favorite character anyway?

and do you like the opening/ending song?
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

Gosh, one of the animes I wished I hadn't watched. ^^"
    Don't get me wrong, it surely was a nice slice of life anime with many moe characters, but... nothing more. It was just that:
    Some nice little girlies trying to play music instruments, somehow able to do so without training, and of course lots of moe and more moe and even more moe and tea parties. Sorry.

I would've liked to see more MUSIC in the anime. The opening and ending were pretty good, but there was nothing good inbetween. Basically, it didn't have any story, they didn't have any aim, they weren't really able to play their instruments, they didn't train, they just drank tea and ate cake.... and it really didn't make sense at all that they had a few concerts...

I definitely WON'T watch the second season... I'd even say that I hated the anime... And I really don't understand that there are people who liked it. Sorry, sorry! ._."

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)