Thread: The ending of FMA (huge spoilers ahead)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The ending of FMA (huge spoilers ahead) Xanatos's Avatar

The ending of FMA (huge spoilers ahead)

After nine years and 108 chapters Fullmetal Alchemist has finally reached it's end. So I took this chance to make a thread for those who want to discuss about it, share their felling regarding the end of one of the greatest manga ever.

I thought the ending was simply brilliant, my feeling that one of the brothers might die in the end, probably sacrificing himself for the sake of others was wrong all along, can't say how much I'm glad. It was quite obvious Arakawa didn't want to strecth the story any further, which's for the best, nowdays it's quite popular to add unecesary things that don't belong in the first place just for the sake of prolonging manga little bit more. The final battle with "Father" was suprsingly short but great neverthelless, guess I'm sick of all those endless battles in Naruto and Bleach where characters keep puling moves out of their ass.

All suscesufully returned to his body which was great, though I expected the same for Ed, his left leg is still an automaill, but automail really suits him.
    The part where Ed departs after saying all that to Winry fooled me a little bit, I though Arakawa was gonna left the faith of those two lovebirds to our imagination. Those pictures at the end were just awesome, Ed standing beside Winry while holding two of his sons, though the scene with All surprised me to be honest. I know Mei intended to be with him when she was little but I never though they actually end up together. And Roy Mustang, still ain't Fuhrer but at least he has his sight back, as always aiming at the top alongside his trustworthy companions. Fate of Scar was kinda predictable, though it was great to see his new hairdo. The end wasn't all that happy, I was disappointed to see Greed die, one of my favorite characters, I though he'll be the only homunculus to survive, in the end Pride accomplished that, I ****ing hate that brat. At least Lin kept his promise, he became the king of Xing, I still think there's some Greed left in him.

What can I say, the entire manga was simply brilliant, no more no less, my favorite, props to Arakawa, can't wait to see what he has next stored for us.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User The ending of FMA (huge spoilers ahead)

Re: The ending of FMA (huge spoilers ahead)

Just got finished watching the last episode of the anime. I haven't read any of the manga though. Pretty sure that I got the gist of what happened in the manga by watching this version of the anime, since it followed more closely than the previous anime.

I'm glad that the ending was pretty happy. I really liked the episode before it though, when Ed gave up his ability to do alchemy This one was more like an epilogue or something, which isn't bad because you can get that sense of closure out of the series like that.

I'm glad Nina wasn't forgotten after all that's happened (poor girl...), and I'm also glad Havoc got the ability to walk again. That was nice that he just wasn't left to mind the store for the rest of his life. I'm kind of lukewarm about Mustang getting his eyesight back. It's great that he got healed, but it just seemed a little too convenient, what with Marco having a Philosopher's Stone ready to go and all. Yeah, I know. Why should I be so happy for Havoc when he's getting the same deal as Mustang? Well, it's because I think Havoc suffered more, and longer too. Losing your eyesight is probably really terrible, but how long was Mustang's gone for? Not very.

I thought that Pride being able to grow up somewhat normally with Mrs. Bradley was an interesting twist. I agree that he's far from being a favorite, but it was nice that he got that chance to live, especially since he can grow up being Mrs. Bradley's son. I know she realizes that he's a homunculus, but that doesn't stop her from loving him any less, which is why she turned out to be such a great character, even if she was just a minor one.

I thought Ed's proposal to Winry at the Train Station was so cheesy! "I'll give you have of my life for half of yours! Equivalent Exchange!" If I was Winry, I would have been like "What the heck are you trying to say to me?" I guess that's why they made a good couple, because she knew what he meant.

All in all, good ending and a nice closure to everything. Though I do have one thought: If Ed and Al would have gave back the thing that they created when they did their first Human Transmutation back then, would they have gotten back Al's body and Ed's leg and NOT have to go on their journey? I mean, Ed gave up his arm for Al's soul, then later on Al gave up his soul to restore Ed's arm. See where I'm getting at with this? Though I suppose if it had been that easy, then we wouldn't have a series to follow all these years. xD

EDIT: Okay, so I did some more thinking, and though I still think that Ed and Al could have gotten their original bodies back by giving back the thing that they created from their first Human Transmutation, I doubt that they would have really known to do that. *shrugs*

Also keep in mind that I wrote this at like 4 in the morning. xD
    Last edited by Dodie16; 07-05-2010 at 02:33 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.