Thread: Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z

Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z

Though I love both the anime series,I find that Dragon Ball keeps me more entertained.Dragon Ball is way more comedic,and spans in more than just one enemy at a time.Dragon Ball Z on the other hand has better action,and storyline throughout each saga plus it had the awesome Majin Buu saga.So I was wandering youre thoughts as well.

I don't really watch either too much to be honest. But I remember when I was much younger really liking the original dragonball, that's the one with goku as a kid right?

I just remember finding it funny mainly and although it was probably quite ridiculous it was still enjoyable.

So yeah I'd say dragonball.

Blog Entries
    They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Dragon Ball had a certain charm to it that DBZ did not have, whereas DBZ had better action scenes (when it actually had action sequences, and not flashback after flashback, mindless dialogue about who's stronger, or "powering up.") More happened on a regular basis in Dragonball, but there were some more intriguing plot points and dialogue in Dragon Ball (at times.)

I really think the overarching plot of the Namek-Ginyuu Force-Frieza Saga was the most interesting of all things Dragonball related. Most importantly, it featured the first time Goku went Super Saiyan, which at that point was pretty damned sweet. And then Frieza mocking him because even though he defeated Frieza, he would not survive the planet exploding, and Frieza would. And Goku pointing out that even so, Frieza was defeated by a "monkey," which incited Frieza freaking out and using his last bit of strength to try and kill Goku. When Gohan fought Cell, that was pretty cool too.

Overall, Dragonball might have had more entertainment to offer on a day to day basis, bot DBZ had the memorable moments. Therefore, I probably actually prefer DBZ over Dragonball. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

vampanzamp
    Its really what ever type of anime you like, with db its funnier and has more story to it. With dbz, its mindless action after action scene.
    I really hate how it takes 10000000gazillion episodes to complete one bad guy. But its worth it when they reach a new Saiyen level.

I found the story of DBZ to be very contradicting to itself. At one point it is stated that only one super seyian can exist and next thing you know everyone is a super seiyen and not only that but there is multiple levels to this outlandish power.

Alot of the comody in DBZ was cut in the English translation along with Vagetta's potty mouth. But I thought the series was actually great even though I had to watch Goku power up for 3 episodes to even think about going into any form. (Did anyone else think Goku looked like he was constipated sitting on a stool while powering up?)

Also if you want some of the old school DB comody in DBZ I recomend watching the uncut for TV version of Tree of Might.

I was amazed when I watched DB for the first 20 something times. I loved that series when it first came to the states on VHS. I was hooked on episode 1.

As for a favorite I can not say, as stated somewhere above. It is a matter of preference on what you are looking for, and both appeal highly to me.

It is hard to sit down now-a-days, I think I have seen them to much and am burned out on them but maybe when my son is old enough to get into them I will sit down with him and watch them all over again.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I do agree with the idea of the story line beign contradicting but I still enjoy it.

I liked the enemys and the story from the original but I think I liked seeing kid goku in the Dragonball series. I did find it annoying that everytime an enemy arives Goku and the Z-fighters must get stronger and stronger and some how the next enemy is always better... I always wonder if kid goku had to fight kid buu then he would die. I liked some of the really weird charecters like yadjarobi(spelling?) Genral Blue and MAX POWER MASTER ROSHI!

Sephiroth's Girl Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z sephirothsbigfan's Avatar
    I am a big fan of both. I watched DB all the way through and DBZ series all the way through to DBGT uncut when it left off on Giru's home planet. I reeeeaaaaaally love the TV series. I was sooo AWESOME and full of suspense. It's the greatest fighting TV series of all time.

Registered User Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Yesha's Avatar
    I'am too.. is a fan of Dragon BaLL.. to Dragon BaLL GT with Goku being brought to young and w/ the adventures of her grand daughter, Pan.. and aLot.. it's one of the greatest cLassic anime ever!

But If I wiLL be choose between DB and DBZ..

then I'LL choose DragonbaLL.. since it's where aLL begun.. and I reaLLy Like when Goku was young and was trained by Master Buten, when he couLdn't fLy and was using the magic cLoud and the Long stick he has.. yeah.. I was watching that since I was 6 yrs. oLd.. :-)
    Last edited by Yesha; 07-12-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Warrior Ninja Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    My favourite between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z would have to be DBZ...I thought it was cute when Goku was younger but I thought it was more entertaining once he got older...And Buu was my favourite bad guy =]...And plus Goku learnt how to transform into super saiyan 3 in DBZ which was so impressive :]

Master of the Shadow Key Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I always liked DBZ better, especially after knowing that they made a Dragonball movie this year; which was horrendous. (Was I the only one who didn't know about it til it was out??!?!?) Now I'm afraid that Hollywood will f@$# up DBZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Dragon Ball had a certain charm to it that DBZ did not have, whereas DBZ had better action scenes (when it actually had action sequences, and not flashback after flashback, mindless dialogue about who's stronger, or "powering up.") More happened on a regular basis in Dragonball, but there were some more intriguing plot points and dialogue in Dragon Ball (at times.)

I really think the overarching plot of the Namek-Ginyuu Force-Frieza Saga was the most interesting of all things Dragonball related. Most importantly, it featured the first time Goku went Super Saiyan, which at that point was pretty damned sweet. And then Frieza mocking him because even though he defeated Frieza, he would not survive the planet exploding, and Frieza would. And Goku pointing out that even so, Frieza was defeated by a "monkey," which incited Frieza freaking out and using his last bit of strength to try and kill Goku. When Gohan fought Cell, that was pretty cool too.

Overall, Dragonball might have had more entertainment to offer on a day to day basis, bot DBZ had the memorable moments. Therefore, I probably actually prefer DBZ over Dragonball. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    This post basically sums it up entirely.

Also - those are two of my favourite moments. When Goku went Super Saiyan for the first time, I marked out hard for it. Same for when Gohan defeated Cell. You didn't really see them happening, then they did, and it was awesome.

Just kind of there. Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seeing as I followed DBZ long before dragon ball was accesible to me i'm always going to say Z is my favorite. Dragon Ball had some really funny moments, But as has been mentioned above. Dragon ball Z had more classic and memorable moments, And the fight scenes as stated above they inspired a lot of my ideas and things. Ya'll will see when i unleash Jistoa next year.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Registered User Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Cyric's Avatar
    I'm most definitely going to have to go with Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball was more about the adventure and maturing, not only as a person, but as a fighter as well.

Dragon Ball Z was all about aliens, constipation and two minutes spanning 5 episodes.

Dragon Ball Z.
    Why? -> It obviously had more interesting characters. And in Dragon Ball it was a bit.. erm, boring, there was not much story besides searching the Dragon Balls and fighting. In DBZ finally you got to know why Son Goku had a tail and all the stories with the Sayajins... where just amazing. <3 (Yeah, I was quite young when I watched it xD") The only thing I liked in Dragon Ball more was... the length. <.<" Dragon Ball Z had so many episodes which weren't really necessary. (But, no, I don't want to watch DB Kai .,.)
    I really have many nice memories of watching DBZ with my older brothers, that was a good time. So it's still one of the best animes ever made. ^^

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Xanatos's Avatar
    They are both good but I must go with DBZ, mainly because the story was more interesting and more serious and the battles were definitely much better. Also the characters were well done, I liked the appearance of Vegeta and his rivalry with Goku.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Myst's Avatar
    I hate the Majin Buu series. Im sorry but it was just so....boring. I think after the Cell Saga it just went down hill.

anyways, Dragonball is just so funny and the characters are just more creative and funny. And Yamcha was awesome. Unlike in the DBZ series (he was useless). Anyways DB was better just b/c the characters where just more fun and spontaneous. Althoug Majin Buu was creative he was just... well it wasn't him, it was the fact how long that stupid series dragged out for to reach the end and the whole fusion thing was just dumb.

I want to play a game. Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Zargabaath's Avatar
    I really liked the Dragonball series cause it kept it more down to earth. There was more focus on fighting styles then just fast punching, kicking, and random chi(ki) attacks, not that, that's bad.

Dragonballz kinda had the Dragonball feel in the beginning and it was best up to the Cell saga. The Android saga and the Cell saga were good but not as great as the previous ones. The ones after really stretched it and I kinda fell away from it.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I found I enjoyed every Dragon Ball series the first time around.
    But going back, I find the original Dragon Ball is the easiest to rewatch, especially in terms of the dirty humour which I greatly appreciate. Dragon Ball Z's still entertaining but it gets annoying with some things. Like the odd episode of the current hero screaming while looking constipated and remembering things from the past as they power up.

That gets old so fast...
    victoria aut mors

Sephiroth's Girl Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z sephirothsbigfan's Avatar
    I like DBZ better than Dragon Ball. The action is more intense and the series kept going and going for a long time. My favorite 3 sagas are the Ginyu Force, the Android saga, and the Cell saga. They were the bomb.

Protecter of the Crystals Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z rydia123's Avatar
    I don't think you can choose something like that

Lol
    There both awesome.

Hah
    I remember watch dragon ball when I was sooooo young.
    Then I remember dragoon ball z a lot more clearer. Ha
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Death Before Dishonor Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GT was the best and these two dont even compare to it.....

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Rnin's Avatar
    Dragonball, Is way better than Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT. Dragonball, is more funny, smart, and well planned out. Dragonball Z, They started to get more serious with the world play ceasing the funny parts, of course they throw one in there here and there, but everything about it was dramatically better than Dragonball. The fighting was ten times better, and well planned. Since I'm talking about them, why not throw in Dragonball GT. Now, Goku is a kid again, they threw in many funny moments but it was horribly written. The plot of getting all 7 dragon balls with in 7/8 years, or earth will explode, is just a horrible plot.
    Dragonball 10/10 Dragonball Z 9.5/10 Dragonball Gt 4.6/10
    Last edited by Rnin; 09-19-2009 at 10:29 AM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnin View Post
    Since I'm talking about them, why not throw in Dragonball GT. Now, Goku is a kid again, they threw in many funny moments but it was horribly written. The plot of getting getting all 7 dragon balls with in 7/8 years, or earth will explode, is just a horrible plot.
    I totally agree with you, Dragonball GT was horrible definitely the worst in the series. Like you said the story was pretty much lame and the first 30 episodes were unbelievable boring. The remaining episodes were little better only because it had few interesting fights and that the only positive trait in Dragonball GT. After watching Dragonball and Dragonaball Z, GT was such disappointment, to be honest it would be better if they never did make GT in the first place.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Katy is dead. She died a while ago. Dragon Ball or Dragon BALL Z KatytheHedgehog's Avatar
    Right now... somewhere in the middle of Spira
    I loved Dragonball Z, it was far better than Dragonball, in my opinion. It had a lot more action (like the fusions and the characters). There are more characters in Dragonball Z then Dragonball and there was a plot in Dragonball Z but not in Dragonball.
    Heaven & hell in one immortal demon hedgehog warrior

I'm going to have to argue with whoever complained about two minutes spanning 5 episodes.

By the time that the Goku vs Frieza fight began, Goku could run and fly faster than Burter, who was regarded as the fastest being alive. Goku could easily outdash him, even doubling his speed.

This, of course, was even before using the Kaio-Ken.

If Goku, powered in Kaio-Ken, and another being, who was faster and stronger than him, fought, they could perform attacks faster than the eye can catch. It even shown some parts of their battle as merely explosions, they were traveling so fast.

So, even though "5 minutes" Were given, think of how unrelevant that is to Goku. Goku could probably race across the continent in 5 minutes. An extended battle wouldn't be too much trouble to stretch out.

As you can tell, DBZ was my favorite. Haha
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.