Thread: Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X> Manga/Anime

dawnmorning Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X> Manga/Anime dawnmorning's Avatar

Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X> Manga/Anime

Hey, is anyone here a fan of Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X? Well, I've been a fan since I was 12. That was one of the first anime that I watched at that time. I really loved the whole thing, about Kenshin and what not. I thought that this anime was great. Then they started adding those fillers (which was a little OK) after the Kyoto Arc, instead of the original one in the manga. They have never fitted the last arc of the manga into the anime! That frustrated me, really. Especially since the last arc was the most important one of them all and since it reveals much of Kenshin's past. So I merely read the manga to the finish and it was awesome. I know they made those OVA's to make up for not making the last arc in the anime, but they tampered with that too. The part about Tomoe was correct, but I coudn't help getting a sombre feeling throughout the OVA and, the art was just different, though this OVA was quite OK,really...the second OVA was about Kaoru and Kenshin and the final arc which was never fitted into the anime. While they got some parts right about the OVA, the rest was just,totally tampered with. The art again, was different, and we coudn't get the familiar feeling when watching the characters, and they changed many parts of the story, and even gave a completely different ending that the manga artist himself did not like. But then again, they made the anime very enjoyable, so I am still thankful. Any thoughts on this anime?
    Last edited by dawnmorning; 04-05-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Is is possible for me to forgive Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X> Manga/Anime soramaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    well from the way you said it i would like to read it, but i have not heard of it, ive also read Manga books, like for instant i read a manga book called Vampire Knight, it was great, though ive only seen one show of it and they changed the whole thing, like Kaname Kuran was not suppose to meet Serien until the sixth or seventh chapter of the entire thing, then theres the fact about Yukki Cross, she is in love with Kaname Kuran but fact is that Kaname is her brother and theres a twist they are suppose to be married that threw me off track of the book, there is also two twins one is Zero Kiryu, and his brother does die, but he tells Zero to drink his blood so that way he can become a whole new type of Vampire hunter, and when i was reading it, Zero's gun called Bloody Rose changes and it has thorns on it and right when Yukki went to take if off of Zero it started to drink his blood and i was looking at it like "Bloody Rose is a vampire gun" also Yukki and Kaname are both Pureblood vampires and Zero keeps drinking Yukki's blood like she was human, but Zero in fact does become a Pureblood right after he drinks the rest of his brothers blood
    I will fight, even if I'm alone I will fight, never giving up nor stepping down, even if it means that my life will end, I will fight no matter the cost.

dawnmorning Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X> Manga/Anime dawnmorning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soramaster View Post
    well from the way you said it i would like to read it, but i have not heard of it
    Yeah..it's a pretty old anime..but not OLD in that sense..it started out in 1995 or in 1997, I think. But it's still very famous even until now. It's main character is Kenshin, and the story in a nutshell is:
    The story is about a fictional assassin named Himura Kenshin, formerly known as the "Hitokiri Battōsai" or "Battosai the Manslayer" in the English dub who becomes a wanderer to protect the people of Japan. This is what the plot was in wikipedia:
    The story of Rurouni Kenshin takes place during the early Meiji period in Japan. It tells the story of a peaceful wanderer named Himura Kenshin, formerly known as the assassin "Hitokiri Battōsai". After participating during the Bakumatsu war, Kenshin wanders the countryside of Japan offering protection and aid to those in need as atonement for the murders he once committed as an assassin. When arriving in Tokyo, he meets a young woman named Kamiya Kaoru, who was in the middle of a fight with a murderer who claims to be the Hitokiri Battōsai from her swordmanship school. Kenshin decides to help her and defeats the fake Battōsai. After discovering that Kenshin is the real Battōsai, she offers him a place stay at her dojo as she notes Kenshin is a gentle person instead. Kenshin accepts and begins to establish lifelong relationships with many people, including ex-enemies, while dealing with his fair share of enemies, new and old.

My favorite characters are Kenshin and Kaoru. I don't know if this is even a spoiler..but I'll go ahead. Kenshin will start to develop feelings for Kaoru while she already has feelings for him in the start itself. Kaoru is such a cool character in the sense (again from the wiki):
    As the series continue, Kaoru develops strong romantic feelings for Kenshin, who is constantly haunted by the wrongs committed in his past, and believes he does not deserve happiness.

. At the beginning of the story, she has no students and she is likely to lose the dojo until Kenshin appears and helps her. Naturally, she is independent, possessive, compassionate, courageous, feisty, strong-willed, and a great fighter to boot- with only the occasional mood swing. Kaoru is also known for her bad cooking which is disliked by her friends and family (although Kenshin seems to think her cooking is just fine) and her ability to see the good in others.

Though she is short tempered and possessive, Kaoru is incredibly selfless. Although most times she is seen fighting against Myojin Yahiko, they care about each other and Kaoru sees him as the succesor of the dojo. She is considered naive to be so trusting, but she has the maturity to handle the consequences. Kaoru's beliefs are held strongly and proudly, almost stubbornly, particularly her beliefs in the sword.

She falls in love with Himura Kenshin right from the beginning of the series, and continued to do so even after learning of his past crimes. One of Kaoru's biggest fears is that Kenshin might someday return to wandering, leaving her to be alone again. She gets jealous whenever another girl is also interested in Kenshin, such as Takani Megumi to whom she often argues but in the end of the manga ends admiring her. When discussing with Megumi she is often compared to a Tanuki due to the way she acts.

Kamiya Kaoru adheres to her father's ideal of "Swords that give life," which teaches that swordsmanship should be used not to kill, but to protect. This belief is a slap in the face to many swordsmen, who advocate that a sword is for "mastery and death," and nothing more. Himura Kenshin, however, feels that her beliefs should, in fact, become reality.

Haha..I love this anime.
    Last edited by dawnmorning; 04-05-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Is is possible for me to forgive Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X> Manga/Anime soramaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sorry something went wrong with my internet and the wiki plot of Vampire Knight is:

Yuki Cross's earliest memory is of a snowy night in winter, when she was attacked by one vampire and was saved by another, Kaname Kuran.Yuki is the adopted daughter of the Headmaster of Cross Academy, Kaien Cross, and has grown up and become a prefect for the school with one main purpose: for vampires to coexist peacefully with humans . Her fellow guardian, Zero Kiryu, a childhood companion whose parents were killed by a pure-blood vampire, is now determined to kill them all and refuses to trust them. Through a cruel twist of fate, Zero becomes a vampire himself, having been bitten by pure-blood vampire, Shizuka Hio, four years before. Now Yuki must help him fight his curse, as well as recover the lost memories of her past. She must also discover why Kaname, who leads the group of Night class (all of which are also vampires) at Cross Academy as their President, saved her that night and what deep dark secret he is keeping from her.

the main characters are

Yuki Cross (黒主 優姫 ,Kurosu Yūki?) is the adoptive daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, and a Guardian, one of the members of the school's disciplinary committee. Ten years prior to the start of the series, Yuki was rescued from a vampire attack by another vampire, Kaname. She lost all memory of her life from before the attack, and was adopted by Headmaster Cross. After Zero's vampire nature is revealed, she begins giving him her blood to drink. However, Yuki loves Kaname, who has always been protecting her and has been by her side during her childhood as a vampire. When Rido Kuran, their uncle, resurfaces at Cross Academy, Yuki's memories are unlocked, revealing that she is actually a pureblood vampire, both Kaname's sister and his fiancee.

Zero Kiryu (錐生 零 ,Kiryū Zero?), who is a year older than Yuki Cross, comes from a vampire hunter family. His parents were killed by the pureblood vampire Shizuka Hio after they were ordered to assassinate her lover, a former human that had not yet fallen to level E. Zero was taken in by the headmaster of Cross Academy and became a Prefect (Guardian), alongside Yuki Cross. He has a great hatred for vampires because of what happened to his parents, but it is later revealed that he himself is a vampire as a result of Shizuka's attack. It is also later revealed that his twin brother, Ichiru, also survived the attack and lived at Shizuka's side. After he consumes Shizuka, Kaname lets Zero drink some of his blood to keep Zero from losing control of himself in order to protect Yuki.

Kaname Kuran (玖蘭 枢 ,Kuran Kaname?), a pureblood vampire, saved Yuki from an attack by another vampire when she was little. He is the class president of the Night Class, much feared and respected by the other Night Class students. While he is cold and authoritative towards his fellows in the Night Class, he is always kind and sweet to Yuki. He has shown that he cares deeply for Yuki, and loves her in a romantic sense. He allows Zero to live because he knows his death would sadden Yuki, and because Zero is useful. He is both jealous and angry of Zero for biting Yuki and endangering her life. Kaname has been raised as Yuki's older brother. At a young age they had pledged to marry each other when they grow up, just like Haruka and Juuri, who were siblings yet married to each other. It is common for pureblood siblings to marry as it is essential to keep the bloodline pure. Also, a fact yet to be revealed to Yuki is that Kaname is not her "true brother". He is actually the ancient ancestor of the Kurans, and Rido is his master who awakened him from his grave, making him unable to kill his 'master'.

the manga came out in January 2005

i love this manga book, and the Twilight series, seriously how many guys do you know of love to read Twilight
    I will fight, even if I'm alone I will fight, never giving up nor stepping down, even if it means that my life will end, I will fight no matter the cost.