Thread: Cowboy Bebop

Fading into a dream Cowboy Bebop Dean Winchester's Avatar

Cowboy Bebop

My fave anime of all time

I just started rewatching it again, i just can't get enough

Though i am pissed that a live action movie is being made with keanu playing as spike. I mean why WHY?!

Sig and ave made by Violet, thanks again Violet!

Registered User Cowboy Bebop HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While I had no idea that there was a live action movie in the works, I did always love watching cowboy bebop.
    I liked the episodes where Spike was after that guy named Vicious.(Sorry about spelling. )

I can't imagine why I have not herd of this movie before but mabey I'm just not paying attention.

No worries your spelling is correct

Yea they are making one

Keanu Reeves Confirms Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Involvement FirstShowing.net

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Cowboy Bebop Xanatos's Avatar
    They're making live action movie about Cowboy Bebop? If it turns half good as anime it will be great. Cowboy Bebop is excellent anime, I really like it both, anime and movie. Anime is great, story of bounty hunter especially one in future is original and amazing. Movie is good, not the best I've seen but still interesting.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-19-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Asking all the personal questions. Cowboy Bebop RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I only ever watched the movie. I love the bounty hunter theme but it was quite slow going for a bit i was left wondering what was special about spike there was little action or fight scenes but when there was they were good but i can't judge to quickly because i haven't seen any of the series.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Actually, it's one of my favorite animes. ^^ That's because it was the first one that I was really a fan of. :3 I remember that I even made a contract with my parents just to watch it. XD" (I had to stand up earlier because I stayed up quite long just to watch it XD)
    I loved the story, it was something new to me. And the music. OMFG the music *_* I loved the jazz parts in the songs, especially "The Real Folk Blues"... arrww... that song is soo~ great. I had it on my computer back then, but unfortunately I lost it. It was the first song for me that was 5+ minutes long. XD"

So who was your favorite character?
    Mine was Spike back then, but now I like Faye more. x3" Somehow I can totally understand how she's feeling (except for betting on horses XD"), she was alone and needed someone and there was Spike but she can't say that she likes him. XD" There aren't any characters I dislike. When I first watched it I didn't like Julia, but that was yeeeaars ago, so by now I like everyone. x3

My favorite episodes... as you can imagine.. were the last two. The ending was sooo~ sad .,."

I also watched the movie (Knockin' on Heaven's Door), it satisfied me quite much but I admit that I don't really remember much. ^^" It was... many years ago that I watched it XD"

And I definitely won't watch the live action movie... Keanu Reaves...? I mean, Spike and he? Arw~ Poor Spike. Anime is anime and should be anime forever. Damn all those live action movies T.T

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Became A Hero Cowboy Bebop ZantetsukenZack's Avatar
    Cowboy Beebop was one of my favorites,(next to wolf's Rain) because they didnt carry out the series too long. I loved Ed. I have only seen one movie and it was an animated one, I didn't know there was going to be an action movie, I hope it's good.

Registered User Cowboy Bebop
    I
    LOVE
    THIS
    SHOW!!!!

One of my favorites! I watched it all the time when it came on Adult Swim. It has great characters, interesting plots, and great animation. Spike and Vicious have one of the best rivalries in anime, I think.

My favorite episodes are Ballad of Fallen Angels, Sympathy for the Devil, Jammin' with Edward, Toys in the Attic (the wtf episode in the series, imo), Peirrot le Fou, and The Real Folk Blues (part 1 and 2)

I had no idea about the live action movie. I might have to check out some more info on that. I don't think I would have picked Keanu Reeves to play Spike. That info in that link that you had was from December 2008, so I might dig around the internet to see if there's anything more recent. However, there was supposed to be a live-action remake of Akira too, but that got canned. Not saying that's what will happen to this one, just wondering why I haven't heard of it until today.

Here's what Wikipedia had on the subject of the live action movie:

On July 22, 2008, IF Magazine published an article on its website regarding a rumor of a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie in development by 20th Century Fox. Producer Erwin Stoff said that the film's development was in the early stages, and that they had "just signed it".[17][18] Keanu Reeves has been confirmed as playing the role of Spike Spiegel.[19][20] Variety confirmed on January 15, 2009, that the production company Sunrise will be "closely involved with the development of the English language project." The site also confirmed Kenji Uchida, Shinichiro Watanabe, and series writer Keiko Nobumoto as associate producers, series producer Masahiko Minami as a production consultant, and Peter Craig as screenwriter.[21] It is currently slated for release in 2011.
    Release on 2011? Dang. A lot can happen to a film in that time.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Toys in the Attic (the wtf episode in the series, imo)
    Ooooh yes it is!!! When I watched the series for the first time this was also my favorite episode. (I wasn't much into emotions back then XD")
    There were quite a few "wtf episodes", especially if you remember all the stuff they had done. XD I remember that they ate mushrooms in one episode and got all dizzy because of them. I think Spike wanted to climb a ladder then to reach a frog. XD That was just awesome XD

Hm, 2011 is a long time from now... so let's see what happens. =D

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I think Spike wanted to climb a ladder then to reach a frog. XD That was just awesome XD
    Actually, it was like a neverending stairway... because he was just stepping on the same step every time (he thought he was going up, though.) I think the best part was Jet with lipstick all over his face or something, coming to. What did Faye do? I forget.

Which episode was Toys in the Attic? Was it the one with that creature that had mutated in their old fridge, or a different one? Was Peirrot le Fou the one with that crazed assassin who was going around killing the people who had expiremented on him? That was one of my favorites. I think most my favorites were in the middle. Like Jupitor Jazz (the two parter with that guy who had been on Mars with Vicious, right?) Or the episode where they go back to earth, find that beta tape, take it to the guy with the beta player, and Spike kicks it because it doesn't work And the last two episodes are very good, too, but rather bittersweet; they mean the show is coming to a close, and Ed and Ein aren't even in them.

My favorite character is Jet. The gruff old man. I aspire to be him when I grow up. Also, the second fiddle of the show (I am generally fond of the second fiddles.) There weren't really a lot of characters to choose from, eh? And my favorite song from the series is probably "Call me, Call me." Blue is an excellent album.

Also... Keanu Reeves as Spike... ha. Spike is gonna sound like a surfer dude, because that's the only accent Reeves can do. Seriously. He was in a film adaptation of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, as the bad guy, and sounded like he did in Bill & Ted. Oh well, I guess Spike is a generally lazy/laid back/care free guy... and Reeves knows kung-fu! It could work. Who's gonna play Jet and Faye? That's the real question.

...this post is too long by my lazy standards... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

What was your fave scene?

I liked the scene where spike beat the crap out of asimov, poncho an all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Actually, it was like a neverending stairway... because he was just stepping on the same step every time (he thought he was going up, though.) I think the best part was Jet with lipstick all over his face or something, coming to. What did Faye do? I forget.
    That's what I meant when I said that he WANTED to climb stairs to reach that frog. ^^ But I admit that I don't quite remember all facts. As for your question, I don't remember that, sadly. I think she just lay there and couldn't do anything. xD" And I think Jet cut his bonsai things... but in some weird way. xD

And yes, Toys in the Attic is the one with the monster of the fridge. That was actually the best thing about the episode! =D When I first watched it I really thought that there was something dangerous on the ship.. I was quite shocked when I saw the outcome XD

Favorite scene... Hmmm... there are quite a few. .-. But if I had to choose one.. I'd pick the ending. I know, how boring, but...
    Spoiler:
    ...when Spike fell down those stairs, that was just a totally astonishing image. :/ He just... lay there and you didn't know if he really died or not. Great scene .,.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I have very few favoirite anime's, because I don't have time to watch as much as I used to, But CowboyBeebop is definately one of my favorites hands down. hope they don't butcher it.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 08-21-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Soloros
    Oh Bebop... my favorite anime of all time, followed only by Trigun. I think the 90's may have had the best anime. I just can't get as interested in today's stuff. But yeah, when I heard K. Reeves was gonna be Spike I got...very,very, sad. I just can't see that ending well, I wish they had got someone new. Oh well, here's to hoping, right?

I have the UMD on my PSP and started to watch it but never finished it though it did look like something I would enjoy but not big on my list. I may bust it out and watch it next time I have to travel.

Fox Cowboy Bebop fivetail_uzimaki's Avatar
    Although the movie was ok, i definitely loved the anime. LOL Spike still rules!!