How many TFFers are going? How many days? I couldn't meet the deadline for my TOA match because of this event. I just got home from leaving at 7:30am earlier today. It's now 12:42am on Friday the July 4th.

I walked away with .hack//SIGN box set and a Haruhi Suzumiya shirt.
I'm going to check how much money I have left in a minute and withdraw more from the ATMs there because I saw some nice Toph Bei Fong fanart posters in the Artist's Alley.

I also went to the opening ceremony this year and got to meet a lot of members of myanimelist.net, a site that I go to for anime socializing mainly. I'm actually going all four days of the Expo.

I got to kind of meet David Hayter, aka Solid Snake. But what disappointed me was their treatment of him. He was the first one they brought out, and they didn't let him say anything. The host girl just went on to the next guest of honor and from then on besides one other person, they got to say whatever they wanted to. And after everyone came out, he finally got to say something. He started in his Solid Snake voice, saying "My microphone wasn't working." and then he talked about how he got to see his anime roles from his early career brought back and taken so fondly. The thing is though, when he came out, no one really cheered very loudly except for when the clip of MGS4 was shown, then they wailed. But other than that, nothing for the guy. And the host girl had the gall to cut his ass off a second time when he was about to do another snake line or something. I'm surprised he took it so well up there.

Although I'd be surprised if he wouldn't want to come back to the Expo anymore after that horrible experience. Even I wouldn't.